IGNORED

Massive Attack - Heligo Land

Guest beatfanatic

ATTENZIONE!

Are they any good live?

I'm about to pull the trigger on some tickets

I feel like they have the potential to put on a great show, although I could easily see being bored to tears.

Thats Massive Attack down to a tee. Potentialy great and potentialy bored to tears.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ATTENZIONE!

Are they any good live?

I'm about to pull the trigger on some tickets

I feel like they have the potential to put on a great show, although I could easily see being bored to tears.

they are excellent live.

Guest Greg Reason

Record as grown on me a hellavalot. Atlas Air is a really decent tune.

Atlas Air is the fuckin bizness

needs more tricky IMO. tricky was on my favourite blue lines and protection tracks.

Supposedly Tricky is back on board - the rest of the crew apparently met with him and were going to try to get him on this album, but it looks like it'll be the next record.

Of course, that could all fall apart, but it'd be fucking ace if they built on the sound of this one and Tricky stepped in with some production/vocals.

Guest tht tne

needs more tricky IMO. tricky was on my favourite blue lines and protection tracks.

Supposedly Tricky is back on board - the rest of the crew apparently met with him and were going to try to get him on this album, but it looks like it'll be the next record.

Of course, that could all fall apart, but it'd be fucking ace if they built on the sound of this one and Tricky stepped in with some production/vocals.

too bad we'll have a 5-7 year wait for a new lp, judging by the intervals between mezzanine 100th window and heligoland

Guest Greg Reason

No, they claim they're releasing an EP in the coming months and they've already recorded with Tricky for that.

I just want more 100th Window style personally, but I daresay that in the interest of them being a band 3D's put that away.

Guest tht tne

No, they claim they're releasing an EP in the coming months and they've already recorded with Tricky for that.

I just want more 100th Window style personally, but I daresay that in the interest of them being a band 3D's put that away.

i would rather hear more in the vein of mezzanine, but with tricky

• 1 month later...
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

first listen right now. bit behind on this one as we just got tickets to see them tomorrow night. figured i best catch up.

i remember liking 100th window but not enough to buy.

on first listen i'm not overly impressed. too many shitty vocals.

splitting the atom is a real shit track. who played that organ line? fucking stoooooooonered

the end of babel is ok when she shuts up

pray for rain i thought was the guy from super furry animals until i realised it was tv on the radio guy. kinda boring

maybe its a grower

looking forward to the show still as they have enough great material. wonder who gonna be there?

picks up towards the end.

i was thinking it was a bit gorrilazy and then damon albarn popped up. AND THEN atlas air sounds very gorillaz but with a miserable naja on it.

paradise circus stood out. sounds like a single

got the deluxe package. the remixes are pretty nice.

and i got an extra track called 'united snakes'. i think its not a remix. not sure really. but it sounds like massive attack and its better than anything on the proper album

Guest Greg Reason

splitting the atom is a real shit track. who played that organ line? fucking stoooooooonered

Yeah Splitting the Atom is awful. Worst thing they've ever done.

got the deluxe package. the remixes are pretty nice.

and i got an extra track called 'united snakes'. i think its not a remix. not sure really. but it sounds like massive attack and its better than anything on the proper album

100th Window sessions. Came out during the void in between records and was tagged on this as a bonus because most people hadn't gotten it already. Definitely one of their cooler tracks (they start with it at the shows too).

show was last night. underwhelming. next to older material the new stuff (especially splitting crap) really does sound ridiculous.

old stuff sounded good but the soundsystem was really quiet.

the visuals were really crap and distracting. nonsense world peace etc text floating around behind them.

daddy g sounded great, anything he was on was really good (except splitting)

martina topley bird played solo first and she was really good.

crowd was crap too

what is mushroom doing these days?

This album is painfully awkward like old people trying to use Ebonics, only probably worse.

So how did they manage to make an album this remarkably shitty? Mid life crisis?

yeah the album has its highlights

rush minute

paradise circus

girl i love you

saturday come slow

atlas air

but the rest i dont like at all

i suppose thats not bad

i was wondering how it could take them so long to release new albums but i guess they work pretty hard on soundtracks and scrappign full albums in between

show was last night. underwhelming. next to older material the new stuff (especially splitting crap) really does sound ridiculous.

old stuff sounded good but the soundsystem was really quiet.

the visuals were really crap and distracting. nonsense world peace etc text floating around behind them.

daddy g sounded great, anything he was on was really good (except splitting)

martina topley bird played solo first and she was really good.

crowd was crap too

what is mushroom doing these days?

wow sounds like the complete opposite to when i saw them, even splitting the atom was great in that show, and i was really surprised with the crowd reaction too, they went nuts!

Guest Greg Reason

Splitting the Atom was the single most boring thing I have ever seen. In concert it seemed even more painful than on record and served only to emphasize what a poorly conceived song it is.

agreed.

to have daddy G, martina, andy horace and 3d all on stage and play splitting the atom is insulting

i just returned from sasquatch festival here in the northwest and massive attack closed the main stage. they were seriously great and all the singers did a great job. i will agree that STA is not close to being on par with their older stuff, but they did a well-rounded set that everyone was into. i really appreciated seeing 15,000+ people dancing to atlas air.

If Paradise Circus doesn't delight you in any way then I'm afraid you're dead inside.

Then I'm dead inside. I think it's pretty "meh". Atlas Air is the only song on here that I didn't have to force myself to sit through. That song rules.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I just thought again about Paradise Circus and I remember it as being pure sexyness. One of the sexiest track ever

God it so is, I've never had such intense [and somewhat dirty] emotions listening to any other track before or since Paradise Circus. Her voice is just pure :wub:

Archived