IGNORED

Evolution of the Hipster, 2000-Present

joshuatxuk

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dese manz hatin

I can't believe some of you guys... can't decide if youre a) exaggerating b) never ever leaving your house/room at mom's or c) hipsters are the most superficial subculture ever.

Seriously... I'm not from the US - and I suppose this is about hipsters of the US, and mabye UK or something - But I've never seen anyone like that in my life, nor have I come across many people rudimentally as shallow as some in the descriptions here (drinking beer for hipness wtf). I'm sure if you leave out ironic clothing (lol @deershirts) almost everyone of my friends and practically everyone I ever meet at the clubs/parties I visit here would be classified as a hipster round here at watmm as well. Skinny jeans, cardigans.... I haven't met one dickhead at a club for months not have I ever experienced anyone behaving like some of the rasclaat pillowheads I consantly read about?!?

OMFG

t020c7.jpg

This girl goes to my school, and she's a total vapid idiot.

This was on latfh.com, I now know three people on that blog.

:facepalm:

i love the word "vapid" it's very cutting.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I can't believe some of you guys... can't decide if youre a) exaggerating b) never ever leaving your house/room at mom's or c) hipsters are the most superficial subculture ever.

Seriously... I'm not from the US - and I suppose this is about hipsters of the US, and mabye UK or something - But I've never seen anyone like that in my life, nor have I come across many people rudimentally as shallow as some in the descriptions here (drinking beer for hipness wtf). I'm sure if you leave out ironic clothing (lol @deershirts) almost everyone of my friends and practically everyone I ever meet at the clubs/parties I visit here would be classified as a hipster round here at watmm as well. Skinny jeans, cardigans.... I haven't met one dickhead at a club for months not have I ever experienced anyone behaving like some of the rasclaat pillowheads I consantly read about?!?

Yeah I'm not sure I'm getting the term hipster either.

I recognise the style of clothes and haircuts and shit, but the attitude about drinking certain drinks or actively disliking everything... well I don't really follow and have not observed in my social adventures thus far

well, the clothes are only a warning sign tbh, ive seen people wear some stupid shit but they end up being a jam and a half....its the ones that open their mouths or do something and it immediately pisses everyone off in the room that gives a damn about whats going on. It really is like the pussified version of jocks.

Guest ezkerraldean

can anyone describe what a hipster is in less than 140 characters?

HIPSTERS

have an obsession with retro shit, despite having no indepth knowledge of the shit in question (like my sister, who wears a cassette as a necklace-thing, despite never owning a cassette player in her life. she also wrote "The Clash" on the cassette, even though she doesn't know any Clash songs, and despite the fact that the cassette actually has Orbital on it)

generally talk about stuff as if they're massive fans, whereas actually they know nothing - like people who see the Come to Daddy video on youtube once and then go round telling everyone they're massive afx fans and putting afx badges on their bag

obsessed with being seen to be doing things - and see this as more important than actually doing it. like, going into downtown Toronto not because they want to do stuff there, but because they want to appear in facebook photos taken in downtown Toronto cos its such a hip place.

that's the general gist of the hipster thing, derived from observations of my sister (who, interestingly, got really angry and upset when i accused her of being a hipster)

that took some effort to type, i'm still drunk

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

eccentric, elitist*, trendy, apathetic, ironic, hella gay

HIPSTERS

have an obsession with retro shit, despite having no indepth knowledge of the shit in question (like my sister, who wears a cassette as a necklace-thing, despite never owning a cassette player in her life. she also wrote "The Clash" on the cassette, even though she doesn't know any Clash songs, and despite the fact that the cassette actually has Orbital on it)

generally talk about stuff as if they're massive fans, whereas actually they know nothing - like people who see the Come to Daddy video on youtube once and then go round telling everyone they're massive afx fans and putting afx badges on their bag

obsessed with being seen to be doing things - and see this as more important than actually doing it. like, going into downtown Toronto not because they want to do stuff there, but because they want to appear in facebook photos taken in downtown Toronto cos its such a hip place.

that's the general gist of the hipster thing, derived from observations of my sister (who, interestingly, got really angry and upset when i accused her of being a hipster)

yeah, as far as I can tell this is pretty accurate.

HIPSTERS

this sounds like being a teenager

HIPSTERS

They used to call them posers.

HIPSTERS

this sounds like being a teenager

at least we know where ezkerraldean really lives now, thankyou alcohol, well unless he quoted that from somewhere else .

ah yeah, skinny jeans = hipster

no. skinny jeans = hot.

skinny jeans = difficult to dance in. So we are to assume that wearers can't dance, otherwise they would know this.

skinny jeans = hard to take off. So we can assume that wearers never go to the toilet, and now we have rationalised why they are full of shit.

skinny jeans = ?

Guest beatfanatic

Fucking LOL, it's Beneboi:

Evolution_y02_v3_single_72dpi.jpg

those arent skinny jeans. He is a pretty skinny guy to begin with and they just looks like well fitted jeans.

those arent skinny jeans. He is a pretty skinny guy to begin with and they just looks like well fitted jeans.

truth. Ergo my hatred of the article, it's all bullshit. The clothes, the photoshoot, everything. The authors were just filling time in between checking facebook and going out for champange shandeez.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

lol, THIS is jazz flute

despite the billions of dumb hipsters in ultra crotch strangling jeans, its hard to find pictures of them on google search or maybe I just didnt try enough... anyway this dude is anorexic variety of hipster or something

hipster-pants1.jpg

Archived