IGNORED

how do you deal with people that annoy you?

kokoon

Guest Lube Saibot

There's this fucking dork at my uni who, all throughout sophomore year, hit on my girlfriend. Now, i had already broken people's legs over much less serious shit in my highschool years, she was aware of this and felt sorry for him (he's really just this bookworm dweeb with an unfounded inflated sense of entitlement), so she just brushed him off and didn't tell me. Of course, i eventually found out. Shitstorm aside, she argued that this type of pencildick loser doesn't deserve even the slightest amount of attention, and, reluctantly, i agreed. Granted, by that time i wasn't the same guy as i had been a few years before; beside simply being older, i had had my share of hardship in life, i was making music, i was happy, i was in a context that was less conducive to hooliganism etc. So i decided against hospitalizing him. I just made it clear that he's on my shitlist, he skipped a few classes, did a student exchange stint in Sweden, and so on.

Fastforward to last week, he's back from Sweden and being his old asking-for-it self. During a presentation on Chinese consumer profiles that was going splendidly, he starts basically haggling me. Of course, i wasn't even aware, i discussed his issues as if they were valid questions, only to find out after class that he was just basically calling me out. I talk to him about it and he goes into this tirade about how my presentation was overly long and not very "entertaining". Now, besides the fact that the professor and everybody else was applauding at the end, that i had INDEED mentioned some fun facts just out of personal boredom (like doing the lotus gait while telling them about footbinding and shit) AND that every other presentation except one had been underprepared cookie-cutter drones fattened up with meaningless graphs, besides all of this, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS THE SPANISH INQUISITION. Who the fuck asked Ebert here to review my mandatory fucking school presentation i did with grades in mind?? Caught flat-footed like this, i just go "Yeah well, Fudulu (the prof) liked it, fuck off."

The during the rest of the day, i get increasingly more angry that i even allowed such fucking insolence to occur. So let me get this straight fella, i spare you a stint in the hospital so you can fucking WALK UP TO ME?! Forget that i'm 6'1" and he's 4'9" and is obliviously just acting out some Napoleon complex, forget that we're adults and this is society and adults talk shit out and smart people abhor violence and all those platitudes. Fuck all that. I should have kicked his puny head in and called it a day. Because the more you grow up and forget about playground rules and quip about this not being "highschool anymore", the more stunted-growth manchildren you encounter and get your day ruined on account of.

So, my opinion is, kick his fucking teeth out and step on his hands as he's trying to pick them off the floor.

In b4 tl;dr.

E-thug2.jpg

Playground responses ad nauseam, yay. :facepalm:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's this fucking dork at my uni who, all throughout sophomore year, hit on my girlfriend. Now, i had already broken people's legs over much less serious shit in my highschool years, she was aware of this and felt sorry for him (he's really just this bookworm dweeb with an unfounded inflated sense of entitlement), so she just brushed him off and didn't tell me. Of course, i eventually found out. Shitstorm aside, she argued that this type of pencildick loser doesn't deserve even the slightest amount of attention, and, reluctantly, i agreed. Granted, by that time i wasn't the same guy as i had been a few years before; beside simply being older, i had had my share of hardship in life, i was making music, i was happy, i was in a context that was less conducive to hooliganism etc. So i decided against hospitalizing him. I just made it clear that he's on my shitlist, he skipped a few classes, did a student exchange stint in Sweden, and so on.

Fastforward to last week, he's back from Sweden and being his old asking-for-it self. During a presentation on Chinese consumer profiles that was going splendidly, he starts basically haggling me. Of course, i wasn't even aware, i discussed his issues as if they were valid questions, only to find out after class that he was just basically calling me out. I talk to him about it and he goes into this tirade about how my presentation was overly long and not very "entertaining". Now, besides the fact that the professor and everybody else was applauding at the end, that i had INDEED mentioned some fun facts just out of personal boredom (like doing the lotus gait while telling them about footbinding and shit) AND that every other presentation except one had been underprepared cookie-cutter drones fattened up with meaningless graphs, besides all of this, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS THE SPANISH INQUISITION. Who the fuck asked Ebert here to review my mandatory fucking school presentation i did with grades in mind?? Caught flat-footed like this, i just go "Yeah well, Fudulu (the prof) liked it, fuck off."

The during the rest of the day, i get increasingly more angry that i even allowed such fucking insolence to occur. So let me get this straight fella, i spare you a stint in the hospital so you can fucking WALK UP TO ME?! Forget that i'm 6'1" and he's 4'9" and is obliviously just acting out some Napoleon complex, forget that we're adults and this is society and adults talk shit out and smart people abhor violence and all those platitudes. Fuck all that. I should have kicked his puny head in and called it a day. Because the more you grow up and forget about playground rules and quip about this not being "highschool anymore", the more stunted-growth manchildren you encounter and get your day ruined on account of.

So, my opinion is, kick his fucking teeth out and step on his hands as he's trying to pick them off the floor.

In b4 tl;dr.

E-thug2.jpg

Playground responses ad nauseam, yay. :facepalm:

you have to admit it was kind of deserved

Guest Lube Saibot

I'm actually going to dignify this with a response, since i'm kinda taken aback. In what way have i made such a fool of myself that i derailed the topic from "dealing with annoying people" to "let's pepper Lube with snide macros"? I'm actually curious how reading what is a very honest and referential post on my part prompts WATMM to put me in my place. Is it the baddy-waddy words? Or, golly gosh, the suggestions of past or future violence? Yes, i was a pretty violent guy IRL, much less so at the moment, always far from any need for anger management. Is that a breach of watmm-persona etiquette?

Indulge me.

you just sound like a total prick when you brag about struggling not to "hospitalize" a 5-foot douchebag for talking to your girlfriend and calling your presentation uninteresting.

Do you want a medal for not kicking someones ass?

its not that your post isnt relevant or interesting. its just that it makes you sound like an asshole.

Guest Lube Saibot

you just sound like a total prick when you brag about struggling not to "hospitalize" a 5-foot douchebag for talking to your girlfriend and calling your presentation uninteresting.

Do you want a medal for not kicking someones ass?

its not that your post isnt relevant or interesting. its just that it makes you sound like an asshole.

I wasn't bragging at all, that's simply what i was thinking. I wasn't flexing e-muscle and, as far as i know, there's no "pussy" on watmm to "impress". So when i say things like that some self-censoring declicks because i'm on watmm and i don't expect to be taken seriously, much less so to play to people's insecurities. I'm don't really do humility well, either IRL or online, so i guess i see your point, but i'm also pretty disappointed.

I wanted to use my situation as a case-in-point in suggesting that one should, most of the time, forgo basic decency and just go with animal instinct, since when said instinct has been ired, presumably basic decency has already been thrown out the window. Not looking for medals, thanks.

And i'm pretty sure by now i'm this jealous psycho in your imagination, since apparently "hitting on my girlfriend" is read as "talking to my girlfriend". But see, IN THE REAL WORLD OUTSIDE OF INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD HISTRIONICS, "hitting on my girlfriend" means "hitting on my girlfriend". I feel pathetic explaining myself, but i've already responded to abuse for like 3 times so its already gone way beyond: this guy habitually called my girlfriend asking for courses and shit and then weaselly segued into "leave him and be with me". Its a very impotent approach, but still pretty irritating, no?

I dare anyone to completely subsume macho knee-jerk reactions (to the point of not even venting on them) when a guy, douchebag or not, hits on your girlfriend knowingly.

one of my closest friends is pretty embarrasing to be around. we've been friends since high school and as everyone else has grown and matured, he is exactly the same! whenever i had social gatherings before my children were born, i'd invite him over and my wife would give me a look like "WHY IN THE FUCK DID YOU INVITE HIM!" you can tell by like 75% of the people at the parties that they wanted nothing to do with him.

he'd have certain phrases to say to people and i've seen many times were people were fed up with that and would tell him to STFU! for example:

we had a cuban friend back in the day, and everytime my friend came across the cuban he always said "EL CUBANO QUE HACE COSAS CON EL MANO" (translation: the cuban that does stuff with his hand). after about a month of this, the cuban dude threaten to beat him down if he didn't stop.

i find that if you keep this dude in check in a public gathering, he'd stop being embarrassing. or if you warn him ahead of time.

i've only seen him once since i've been back to cali, and i don't plan on seeing him anytime soon since he acted exactly the same... even my 3 year old son rolled his eyes at him when he tried to talk to my boy!

OH... and he always talks like a jew and acts like kramer from seinfeld!

"hitting on my girlfriend" is read as "talking to my girlfriend".

Well what is the difference then? I think I remember you said your girlfriend had no interest in him, so anything beyond talking would be like sexual assault?

Guest Lube Saibot

Well what is the difference then? I think I remember you said your girlfriend had no interest in him, so anything beyond talking would be like sexual assault?

I think i was pretty explicit. Alas, i'll try to explain some more.

This wasn't him just "hey there's a cute girl" and flirting with her unknowingly. He KNEW we were a couple, that we had been for years, and essentially tried to "steal her", albeit in a hilariously stupid fashion. Late night calls of "leave him and be with me". Seriously? But on to my query...

How IN THE FUCK does that seem harmless, benign, unmalicious, and not-asking-for-it behavior to you?

For some reason I never really take a hatred to anyone. Although if someones kinda of annoying and not very entertaining, ill let them know and avoid them.

this.

hate is too much effort, being assertive will help in not letting your annoyance or dislike of someone become unhealthy. if they can't take the hint, kill them.

Guest Lube Saibot

your just a dick mate. hes a bit of a dick too but that doesnt justify you being a cunt.

Only the self-righteous shitstrom in this thread so far has already justified me in being a cunt. But whatever. Go nuts.

your just a dick mate. hes a bit of a dick too but that doesnt justify you being a cunt.

lol, i want to quote that some day

Only the self-righteous shitstrom in this thread so far has already justified me in being a cunt. But whatever. Go nuts.

you're being trolled, chill

I think i was pretty explicit. Alas, i'll try to explain some more.This wasn't him just "hey there's a cute girl" and flirting with her unknowingly. He KNEW we were a couple, that we had been for years, and essentially tried to "steal her", albeit in a hilariously stupid fashion. Late night calls of "leave him and be with me". Seriously? But on to my query...How IN THE FUCK does that seem harmless, benign, unmalicious, and not-asking-for-it behavior to you?

You say hilarious, but youre not laughing, youre just bitter. Let it go.

When I used to ride the bus to school I often listened to my CD player during transit but there was this one guy who always made it an effort to sit next to me and spew his nonsense my way in clammy bursts of vocal flatulence. I would often ignore him but that wasn't enough for a ninny such as himself and he'd often tap me on the shoulder or talk very loudly. That was one of the main reasons I found it so hard to rise each morning... it was not the mile long walk to the bus stop, or the tedious drivel that is middle school, but the fucking face of that dude.

Guest Lube Saibot
I think i was pretty explicit. Alas, i'll try to explain some more.This wasn't him just "hey there's a cute girl" and flirting with her unknowingly. He KNEW we were a couple, that we had been for years, and essentially tried to "steal her", albeit in a hilariously stupid fashion. Late night calls of "leave him and be with me". Seriously? But on to my query...How IN THE FUCK does that seem harmless, benign, unmalicious, and not-asking-for-it behavior to you?

You say hilarious, but youre not laughing, youre just bitter. Let it go.

It was funny then, it still is, i AM bitter now, not because of what happened then, but because of what is happening here. What started out as sharing personal experience turned into deflecting unfounded bullshit and the realization that i even care enough to do so has compounded what was already a growing amount of internet defeatism. In fewer words, i find myself to be a bit butthurt. Please carry on while i lose hope in humanity for the remainder of this evening.

what he is doing is harrassment. again not annoying, but you don't have to be a prick to deal with him. also a baby. use that big ol' brain of yours and get rid of him. obviously he didn't skip classes and go to sweden because he was scared of you if he is back and giving you and your gf shit again. so either kill him, your self or your gf. and do lots of drugs. i guess you're just a pussy though.

It was funny then, it still is, i AM bitter now, not because of what happened then, but because of what is happening here. What started out as sharing personal experience turned into deflecting unfounded bullshit and the realization that i even care enough to do so has compounded what was already a growing amount of internet defeatism. In fewer words, i find myself to be a bit butthurt. Please carry on while i lose hope in humanity for the remainder of this evening.

Jesus, you'd swear I was your mommy and I had just told you you were an accident. You dont know me, so why should my opinion matter so much? I was just giving you it based on the story that you posted and, to tell the truth, you do come across like a bit of a dick.

in context, people have been describing the way hate can be caused from people being to an extent, trivially annoying. this fella is just actually exhibiting hate induced by someone being a twat with his girlfriend. one of my exes used to get texted by her best friend's mum's live-in ex-boyfriend when he got pissed; things like "u are the most beatiful person iv ever known" and "u r like a wonderful tree". hilarious and annoying, but it evoked an urge to humiliate and denigrate him whenever i saw him.

Guest Coalbucket PI

Yeah I feel lube, the guy tried to steal his girlfriend and then tried to humiliate him in public, he sounds like a ballbag

Archived