IGNORED

ZAZ or The Dark Lord or ______

The Dark Lord

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has not been possible for recently joined members to change their usernames on this board for a few months now. Despite this, many new members continue to try and now the administrators have added a new system. There is a script that detects whether very new members have visited http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules and, when a member has not seen the page yet, the system will play a prank on the member when they try to change their username: only the member in question will be able to see the change, and the original username will still appear to everyone else. This original username is the name used in the site index.

So, ZAZ, once you have visited that page, your username will appear correctly again. I can't remember how long a user currently has to stay on WATMM before they have the ability to change their username, but I think it used to be something like 12 months.

Guest abusivegeorge

It has not been possible for recently joined members to change their usernames on this board for a few months now. Despite this, many new members continue to try and now the administrators have added a new system. There is a script that detects whether very new members have visited http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules and, when a member has not seen the page yet, the system will play a prank on the member when they try to change their username: only the member in question will be able to see the change, and the original username will still appear to everyone else. This original username is the name used in the site index.

So, ZAZ, once you have visited that page, your username will appear correctly again. I can't remember how long a user currently has to stay on WATMM before they have the ability to change their username, but I think it used to be something like 12 months.

It's ten years mate.

And ZAZ was pinky.

Grow up.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived