IGNORED

The Future Is Here. Mind Reading Controller, Only $299.

chaosmachine

o6h7vl.gif

Based on the latest developments in neuro-technology, Emotiv has developed a revolutionary new personal interface for human computer interaction. The Emotiv EPOC is a high resolution, neuro-signal acquisition and processing wireless neuroheadset. It uses a set of sensors to tune into electric signals produced by the brain to detect player thoughts, feelings and expressions and connects wirelessly to most PCs.

Available now, $299.

Fuck yeah. Get ready for mind to mind communication. Remember the first mp3 players?

Rio_pmp300.jpg --> 30cn1va.jpg

Think about where this is gonna be in 10 years.

I've seen things like this a couple of years ago. But you have to activate specific brain activity and bind that to an action or something. I doubt this is more usable. But I would love a device like this to hook it up and play with the read-outs it gives me.

There was a cool brainmonitor art setup here a couple of months ago. I'm so pissed I missed this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETEn52Kq5xI

IDM

i've been following these guys for a couple of years (not physically) and the release has been repeatedly delayed but i'm glad they've got it now, as it really gets the ball rolling once the public get their toes wet. It's actually pretty limited at the moment from what i've seen but it's all about where it's going and in ten years i see this being huge, not just limited to gaming either.

I've seen things like this a couple of years ago. But you have to activate specific brain activity and bind that to an action or something.

Yeah that's the deal with this one. In fact you were probably watching an early vid for this product.

Guest inteeliguntdesign

I really want some spare time so I can get going with OpenEEG.

bwview.jpg

It looks a little more dangerous than this though:

Some states have practice laws which prohibit individuals from

actually doing the activity. Thus to the extent that NFB training

can change personality (and it can) one is practicing psychotherapy.

[...]

However, if there is an isolation failure in the EEG unit due to an

accident, or faulty design, or faulty parts, or faulty construction, and

the EEG subject touches a live mains voltage in their environment, the

mains voltage will take the shortest route to earth, which is through the

subject's body. This electric shock passing through the head is likely

to have severe consequences.

Guest hahathhat

i've been waiting for a consumer version of this sort of thing ever since i saw some person in a lab moving a toy car around using ONLY THEIR MIND. i have been fascinated by virtual reality and the related tech since i was like 10.

still going to wait and see, let other people drop 3 bills and find out if it's any good before i do

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

to have that interpret your minds data into more than just notes and rhythms but to actually synthesize the sound of the percussion and instruments from your brain would be purty cool

Guest margaret thatcher

i need to watch demolition man again. so epic. it's just sly going "huh?" for 2 hours.

"you're gonna regret this the rest of your life... both seconds of it."

Archived