IGNORED

google nexus one

Guest mikew5th

Somehow I doubt that. There's always a bunch of whiny fucks going "I just want a phone."

No, I just think its a fantastic idea to have your numbers, emails, facebook and possible bank account stuff in this one little easily losable breakable stealable little box. :cisfor:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Franklin

fuck i really want to know if the Nexus One will work in my fucking audi a4.

my nokia E71 has stopped connecting via bluetooth and I need a solution fucking quickly.

The trials and tribulations of modern man.

ya I understand your sentiment. the problem for me is that it's now illegal ($150 fine) to drive and talk on a phone here in Ontario... you have to have bluetooth and my business office is in my car and I talk A SHITLOAD. so basically I need a solution asap.

Guest Glass Plate

yeah I really fucking hate typing with a touch screen. In fact I hate touch screens a lot in general. There's some reports that the Nexus One touch screen is even shittier than the iphones, but that is supposedly still up in the air from what I've heard too. i dk.

Guest inteeliguntdesign

From what I hear from various techies, Android is catching up with the iPhone fairly quickly. Because Apple has so much control over the iPhone, they can enforce certain arguably elegant styles, hardware features, usage patterns, etc, etc far more than Google can/will. But, as Google is far more open, Android will have a greater number of features: multitasking, more applications accepted etc. Apple have had a good track record of enforcing limitations and styles to good effect: see OS X. And Google, with their philosophy, has done great things too. It'll be interesting to see how things pan out. Personally, while Android forces me to code in Java (although that is changing, with currently limited support for Python, Javascript, C, C++ etc etc) I'll more likely look at the N900.

The other plus for Android phones, and the N900 for that matter, is the physical keyboards. I've no experience with them, though.

From what I hear from various techies, Android is catching up with the iPhone fairly quickly. Because Apple has so much control over the iPhone, they can enforce certain arguably elegant styles, hardware features, usage patterns, etc, etc far more than Google can/will. But, as Google is far more open, Android will have a greater number of features: multitasking, more applications accepted etc. Apple have had a good track record of enforcing limitations and styles to good effect: see OS X. And Google, with their philosophy, has done great things too. It'll be interesting to see how things pan out. Personally, while Android forces me to code in Java (although that is changing, with currently limited support for Python, Javascript, C, C++ etc etc) I'll more likely look at the N900.

The other plus for Android phones, and the N900 for that matter, is the physical keyboards. I've no experience with them, though.

i like my N900

Guest inteeliguntdesign

i like my N900

Cool. How much typing can you comfortably do on it? I.e. not just text messages.

i like my N900

Cool. How much typing can you comfortably do on it? I.e. not just text messages.

it's not too bad, i use it quite often for instant messaging and IRC.

i wouldn't wanna code on it though.

Somehow I doubt that. There's always a bunch of whiny fucks going "I just want a phone."

No, I just think its a fantastic idea to have your numbers, emails, facebook and possible bank account stuff in this one little easily losable breakable stealable little box. :cisfor:

i really don't understand how people can lose a phone. my iphone pretty much never leaves my pocket, unless i'm using it or i'm not wearing my pants, of course :emotawesomepm9:

or you know, you could just look after your shit?

or you know, you could just look after your shit?

LOLROFLOMGZOR I NEVER EVEN THOUGH OF THAT THANK YOU :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm just curious to hear your solution to these problems pre-mobile phone, ah those innocent years when no social information was ever stolen, credit-card fraud never happened and identity theft was strictly in the realm of sci-fi.

Guest Babar

Touch screen texting can fuck off. Its already hard enough to understand text I send when I'm drunk and I'm always drunk.

from what I read and have seen on youtube you don't have to type... there's a microphone so you can drunkenly speak and it will translate... actually that might be perfect for you!

that's absolutely possible. have you ever used one of those algorithms that let you time-stretch audio without modifying the pitch ? If you slow down someone's voice it totally looks like he's drunk.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Gary C

Anyone know whether I could get a Nexus One to work on O2 in the UK?

I don't really want an iPhone. I love Google.

I remember reading there was an exclusivity deal, so when is that up?

I hate the Nexus One just because it gets "More Human Than Human" stuck in my head every time I hear the name spoken.

[/entirely worthwhile and on topic baph post]

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i really don't understand how people can lose a phone. my iphone pretty much never leaves my pocket, unless i'm using it or i'm not wearing my pants, of course :emotawesomepm9:

hello ball cancer

hello ball cancer

they give you weed for that

av-2297.jpg

Guest ruiagnelo

I don't give a shit about new technology today. Everyday new stuff, can't stop. NO money to buy it, NOT enough time to enjoy it until the next one comes out.

Guest abusivegeorge

What's all this?

I use one of these:

nokia-3310-basic-mobile-phone.jpg

Come back to me when your phones are all going wrong and mine is still making and recieving phone calls, which is what a phone is built for, in 10 years time.

By the way, I also own a laptop and desktop pc for access to the internet, and I own a digital camera for taking photos.

Come back to me when your phones are all going wrong and mine is still making and recieving phone calls, which is what a phone is built for, in 10 years time.

in 10 years time, when in all likelihood, most calls will be done via VoIP and SMS has been replaced by IM, in which case your 3310/3330 will be completely and utterly useless?

my N900 already has Skype built into it (at the system level) and has very tight integration of SIP VoIP.

Guest abusivegeorge

in 10 years time, when in all likelihood, most calls will be done via VoIP and SMS has been replaced by IM, in which case your 3310/3330 will be completely and utterly useless?

my N900 already has Skype built into it (at the system level) and has very tight integration of SIP VoIP.

Someone said a similar thing to me ten years ago (literally in 2000).

When I had the same phone.

Archived