IGNORED

Your Quaristice

Guest ataraxy2

Guest ataraxy2

People have said before about Quaristice being a very dodgy collection of songs. In fact, it seems a lot here were disgusted by it. In response to this others have mentioned that there is enough content to simply choose your favourite 'versions' of the songs and roll with that - as if that were the finished product.

I've done just that, and surprisingly, it fits under 80mins (72mins). There's a few on Quadrange that miss out on a bit of action but I'm not taking this seriously. If I want to hear them I can hear them... whenever I want to.

But, the question is: if Quaristice and its brothers were a one-disc album, what songs would you have liked to have been on it? :closedeyes:

post-4832-126372009578_thumb.jpg

post-4832-126372019403_thumb.jpg

i've thought about doing this but i really can't be bothered. i intend to sometime, but every time i intend to do so, i end up just listening to confield or draft.

Guest bitroast

i've thought about doing this but i really can't be bothered. i intend to sometime, but every time i intend to do so, i end up just listening to confield or draft.

9010171-121

Guest ataraxy2

i'm very sorry but that font is terrible

I hope you're aware that that is the point. Cheesy and unofficial. :ok:

Everything Perlence is awesome.

i'm very sorry but that font is terrible

I hope you're aware that that is the point. Cheesy and unofficial. :ok:

Everything Perlence is awesome.

so you really used a bad font on purpose? i dont know if i believe you

Guest ataraxy2

Dude, you listed 90101-5l-l as "90101-5H".

:facepalm:

OH MY GOD. THE WORLD IS ENDING. :facepalm:

Actually if it wasn't such a shitty title I would have noticed. Looks kind of like H in foobar...

Marked x 0ne ended up producing art far superior to that of Quaristice's. :biggrin:

Guest ataraxy2

Dude, you listed 90101-5l-l as "90101-5H".

:facepalm:

yeah what a noob :facepalm:

The sad thing is I noticed it right away as well

*weeps*

Altichyre

Paralel Suns

Tkakanren

90101-51-6

Theswere

The Plc

Lo

Perlence losid 2 ( a banger this one ! )

Plyphon

Perlence

90101-61-01

Notwotwo

Blyz Castl is great,I'm not sure it fits into this selection though

Basically, I liked Quarisitice Versions better than the regular edition.

This probably demonstrates me holding more to the version of Autechre I like (the fewer, longer tracks mode of Draft 7:30, Untilted, etc.) rather than immediately responding to what to them was a point of change - not just putting out another record with 9 long tracks.

So sometimes listening to regular Quaristice, it gets to a part in a track where I'm ready for my favourite part (from Versions) to kick in, and it doesn't happen. Which can be irritating. On the other hand, the many shorter tracks is certainly an easier ask for a casual listen, and the variety starts to appeal over time.

So I listen to the regular CD or the versions depending on mood, concentration etc.

• 4 months later...

Apologies for massive bump, but I think I finally put together a playlist "Quaristice" that works for me. Rather than try to edit it down to 1-disc length, I've let it expand a bit, but with an eye for being non-repetitive and working well as a fairly standard length double LP. Conceptually, I'd divide the two theoretical discs between Tankraken and Rale.

Altibzz

The Plc ccc (Quadrange)

IO (mons) (Versions)

Phylopn (Versions)

Perlence range3 (Versions)

Perlence Suns (Quadrange)

Simmm

Paralel Suns

Tankraken (Versions)

Rale

fol4 (Versions)

90101-51-6 (Quadrange).

Blyz Castl (Digital Exclusive)

Theswere

WNSN

chenc9

Notwo

Altichyre (Versions)

Perlence losid 2 (Quadrange)

I like it!

Guest Greg Reason

I still haven't heard versions or quadrange eps.

DAMN! Get to it!!! Quadrange dude!!! Jeeezus!!

I still haven't heard versions or quadrange eps.

DAMN! Get to it!!! Quadrange dude!!! Jeeezus!!

I still haven't heard Quadrange either. I wish Bleep would add the release in .wav format - I refuse to only have it as mp3s. :)

Guest ruiagnelo

Now seriously: i love quaristice as it is.

It really deserves to be highlited, doesn't it? :)

I like Quaristice as it is, too, but I think it's better (for me) expanded a bit. The first half of the standard album especially benefits from the expanded tracks, I think. Their self-editing seems much more confident and effective on the album's later short tracks (stuff like Rale, Thesewere, WNSN, chenc9), whereas The Plc, IO, Perlence etc, work best (for me) as traditional epic Autechre.

The heavy editing process at the heart of the album may not work as well for those early tracks, but that experimentation, I reckon, might have helped them ease into a more natural way of coming up with the latter short, concise, self contained tracks (and that new insight is particularly apparent on Oversteps, I think).

That process might not be how it actually worked chronologically, but I dunno: the proliferation of "versions" of the plc, IO, Perlence, and the 90101s suggests to me that they were a lot less confident about the reconstruction process on those tracks then the were on what ended up as the one-offs.

Other than that, it's just subjective; I like Blyz more than Bnc and fwzE combined, and although Fol3 is really cool, Fol4 is extremely engaging. And all the Perlence versions just have this atmosphere that I keep wanting to revisit, and they add a certain thematic unity to the proceedings. Altichyre replaces Outh9X only because I always miss Altichyre more.

quaristice is brilliant.

for all the people rocking the lossless with studio monitors - have you noticed listening to "rale" that you can hear counterpoint in the background that you can't hear on say 95% of all speakers out there? when i heard it the first time i got super giddy...i was very impressed

Archived