IGNORED

Berlin

Guest splagawaga

Guest splagawaga

im thinking i will goto make my way to berlin around june/july this year. try to stay with musicians there, get some recording done if possible. play some gigs if i can get something organised. see what the town is like for 2weeks/month if i can afford it.

ive heard good things all round so far.

so big shout to any berliners. i need your help.

i've been saying im gonna do this for the last couple of years... there's no towns or cities in england i'd rather live in than where i am and i'm not quite ready for the country , so it looks like Berlin is the next logical place to go. plus the rent can be very cheap.

Guest splagawaga

well do u wanna come visit in june? im contacting other musicians and promoters in berlin at the moment trying to find someone to meet up with, if u wanna visit then do it. ive been saying bristol/berlin for a while so ill probly goto bristol for a month and berlin for month or more june/july time.

ill mention ur name to promoters if u like?

really wanna play some gigs there.

anyone else wanna goto berlin? :)

i've been saying im gonna do this for the last couple of years... there's no towns or cities in england i'd rather live in than where i am and i'm not quite ready for the country , so it looks like Berlin is the next logical place to go. plus the rent can be very cheap.

I'm going to visit in April. Someone tell me where to go and what to do. Wurst is a given.

these are some people i found today: http://freakcamp.net/dubstep/

more to come.

Guest dese manz hatin

If you're going in summer, be sure to go partying at Bar25 (said to re-open another time).

Go on Sunday afternoon and stay til monday or tuesday.

2292235264_bcfe0950f2.jpg

I've got this weird tourist guide with the address of the prostitute that sells her shit in bottles, but thats it :mellow:

Hopefully I'll move there too around summer...if I get a place at the university :cisfor:

If you're going in summer, be sure to go partying at Bar25 (said to re-open another time).

Go on Sunday afternoon and stay til monday or tuesday.

2292235264_bcfe0950f2.jpg

Ha, I've been there too, albeit not for a very long time. It's a nice place.

what? as long as you look good you'll get in

seriously though, we were at the bar outside berghain and as i was getting drinks i asked the bar guy what time the club started to get busy and he leaned over and whispered "btw it's unlikely you'll get in with your friend over there, the security is very strict" nodding towards my asian mate. i said "what are you serious?"... he said "afraid so".

later, ignoring the guy we tried to get in and some big muscley gay skinhead told us no chance.

i've never had any trouble like this getting into clubs anywhere else, we weren't acting like dicks, not exactly sober but just a few drinks in us, and dressed perfectly acceptable for anywhere else i've gone clubbing, although we obviously didn't look german.

same happened at 3 more clubs after that. really spoilt our trip.

seriously though, we were at the bar outside berghain and as i was getting drinks i asked the bar guy what time the club started to get busy and he leaned over and whispered "btw it's unlikely you'll get in with your friend over there, the security is very strict" nodding towards my asian mate. i said "what are you serious?"... he said "afraid so".

later, ignoring the guy we tried to get in and some big muscley gay skinhead told us no chance.

i've never had any trouble like this getting into clubs anywhere else, we weren't acting like dicks, not exactly sober but just a few drinks in us, and dressed perfectly acceptable for anywhere else i've gone clubbing, although we obviously didn't look german.

wow thats fucked up. I always thought Berlin had less of that fascho-bullshit.

My friend and I have been talking about going to Berlin this summer. Like Fenton says, it's the best damn city in Europe. There are so many cool places to visit, so many great cafes, and their clubs are the best.

wow thats fucked up. I always thought Berlin had less of that fascho-bullshit.

you would have thought so.

before we went i read reports of the same racism, in particular towards dark haired, olive skinned people including italians and spanish. i don't know how accurate this is... but it's supposedly over cautiousness resulting from terrorist attacks on berlin clubs by arab extremists, years ago.

i must add, apart from all this leaving a bad taste, we had an amazing time and eventually ended up in the riverside bar/club that deze manz pictured above. everywhere else we went people were very friendly.

Guest dese manz hatin

Hm yeah Berghain is known for being more or less racist like that, but it's also quite hard to get in as a normal local-looking person. also I think it's not so much a matter of race as of nationality. if you don't speak German it's hard even if you're white.

And it's unfortunately a common practise for some clubs to not let in the turkish looking types. That'S because they're treated very disdainfully in many places because most people think that they cause trouble (berlin is the fourth largest turkish city)...always picking fights and especially assaulting Germans. Thats probably the last form of racism actually existing round here.

berghain was a club i wanted to go a visit, upsetting that not being able to speak german will make it tricky.

but yeah, either way, berlin is right after france for me on the to go list.

Archived