IGNORED

hipsters love breakcore...?

Guest we_kill_soapscum

Guest we_kill_soapscum

i was djing a house party last night around the corner from me in williamsburg brooklyn, some editors from Pitchfork rent this entire house. we closed with a Shitmat mentalist/mashup thing of "im so excited". we usually close with this but on this occasion it was strangely the best received song of the night and everyone came in and started breaking shit and jumping around and the lightbulb exploded and people were diving in the debris and throwing it around...

...refreshing to see people clenching their fists w/how hard they're trying to be cool and then to see them finally say fuck it and just get hypercrunk

Guest we_kill_soapscum

let me be clear that this was for only a fleeeting glorious moment. its not like i could get these guys to sit thru lesser spotted burberry or something.

Guest Enter a new display name

There was a dubstep vs. breakcore night a few weeks ago in Montreal. That was probably one of the most hipster-esque genre combinations that could ever exist.

Guest we_kill_soapscum

i agree. tho im not here to badmouth hipsters. someone redstate christian dude would classify me as a hipster. and most of my friends are further down teh spectrum. i dont care if u wear girls pants and a scarf. do whatever the fuck you want.

if yr nice lets be friends. thats my motto.

i was djing a house party last night around the corner from me in williamsburg brooklyn, some editors from Pitchfork rent this entire house. we closed with a Shitmat mentalist/mashup thing of "im so excited". we usually close with this but on this occasion it was strangely the best received song of the night and everyone came in and started breaking shit and jumping around and the lightbulb exploded and people were diving in the debris and throwing it around...

...refreshing to see people clenching their fists w/how hard they're trying to be cool and then to see them finally say fuck it and just get hypercrunk

Sounds tits!

Next time you are spinning a party in wburg, let me know. Especially if there's any jungle.

I thought that scene was dead in NYC.

Also, let me know if you're ever looking for another jungle dj. I mostly spin ragga but can't find anywhere that people actually like to listen to it.

i agree. tho im not here to badmouth hipsters. someone redstate christian dude would classify me as a hipster. and most of my friends are further down teh spectrum. i dont care if u wear girls pants and a scarf. do whatever the fuck you want.

if yr nice lets be friends. thats my motto.

that's what i'm sayin'... everyone (here) gets all up set whenever they go to a show or something and a bunch of people show up with skinny jeans and a scarf. if you can't enjoy a show given the surroundings, you shouldn't go out!

it´s just...that...these people do nothing but weed, alcohol and illegaly downloaded music ...at all..

I heard some of their tracks, that consisted half of shitmat, half of venetian snares and half of some schranz made by them alone

yeah. i have a friend that does. what's weird is that he only wears them around me. i told him not to do it again.

Nothing a little back of the hand cant fix. Ive literally never met someone who did that. It'd just be :facepalm: IRL.

Archived