tip of the tongue, the teeth, the lips

TIBITATIBITATIBITA

:shuriken:

i'm young cassius

• 2 weeks later...

i need to revisit this trac. at first when i heard the album i was

not attracted to this trac in particular, i will give it another go though.

there are two trac's on autoimmune that bothered me, the other one is Solid Waste.

i don't think there is any hope of me getting to like Solid Waste, but Young Cassius

could be different.

i guess i prefer the µ version over the metropolis records version.

Guest hahathhat

young cassius is very underwhelming for the first minute or so (unless you know what's coming). however, it just gets heavier and heavier, continuously, for the rest of the time....

Guest hahathhat

is this a track off the MBM album that has a lot of unmemorable trying to sound hip dubstep tracks? Spanish vocoder is the only song i like off it

yeah, that's autoimmune.

i am definitely preferential to RUOK?, but autoimmunue still has plenty of good tracks... just gets kind of bland in the tooth sometimes. on both, the mixing -- EQ, control of bass -- is just fantastic. i put on some of the drukqs drill tracks after a heavy mbm listening sesh and i found myself missing those hugely deep bass kicks and cheddar-sharp snares

it's hard to say that autoimmune matches up to any of meat beat manifestos earlier work as

far as depth of meaning or even details of production, but fuck... i have to say that sonically the album and the 12' are just earthshattering!

nobody can fuck with the mbm.

x.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest ezkerraldean

MBM SUBFORUM

is this a track off the MBM album that has a lot of unmemorable trying to sound hip dubstep tracks? Spanish vocoder is the only song i like off it

this opinion i share, sorry Jack. the one and only album i don't really like

Solid Waste is actually my favorite track off the album. The others would have to be Less, Children of Earth, and Return to Bass.

Hellfire is pretty good too. I can't get around to liking Young Cassius as the dude's voice bothers me.

MBM SUBFORUM

i must say Autoimmune is better than At The Center, IMO.

MBM SUBFORUM

i must say Autoimmune is better than At The Center, IMO.

I've been a huge MBM fan since around 92 and At the Center's the only thing of theirs I've never listened to.

The cover artwork is fucking awful and totally inconsistent with past artwork quality, so that doesn't help.

actual sounds and voices, come on!!!! isn't that his masterpiece? the other stuff is great but it doesn't match the sheer ingenuity of that one

That's the one that made me lose interest in MBM when it came out. It's grown on me over the years, but it's definitely not their masterpiece.

Actual sounds is my favorite as well. Glad he's chosen to take a diff path nowadays for the sake of mixing up his output if nothing else. If he was trying to make hip dubstep tunes his tracks would sound like friggin rusko.

Archived