IGNORED

Codeine

kakapo

I have pretty much given up recreational drugs for the past few years, and to be honest, apart from the weed and great music combo, I never really got much out of it.

I spent christmas on lots of codeine and antibiotics, which meant I coudn't drink, and I didn't miss it at all. Christmas dinner surrounded by the kids and family while smacked up will be a regular feature from now on. I think I've found my drug of choice. Any excuse, hangover, bit of a cough, and it's straight for the little pills.

So, any particular brands you'd like to recommend? Tips for getting the pharmacist to give you the strongest possible? Harrowing confessions you'd like to share to stop my spiral into prescription drug addiction?

Also, Codeine on Codeine is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmSPPYG9dp4&feature=related

Ugh, I hate codeine. The few times I did it, I got some Tylenol-3's and did a cold water extraction on the codeine. The first time I tried it I barely felt a thing, so I upped the dose. The next time, I learned quite harshly what an opiate overdose is like. Fuck this drug, all it makes me feel is that I'm not quite high enough.

if you can, try and get 30mg pure codeine from your doctor for some kind of serious back pain complaint. my gf's mum is a nurse and gets these for me occasionally (she knows I don't have a back problem lol) - couple of these and you'll be nicely chilled out. most over the counter codeine tablets are only 8mg codeine + paracetamol so the pure 30mg ones are really good.

Guest the anonymous forumite

Yeah, I love codeine. Go with codeine phosphate. I did it for a week, but tolerance builds quickly and it can get really addictive, so handle with care. It's better to do it once in a while.

Guest Tony Danza

I did TC #3s for a few months around the clock after I broke my femur and suffered nerve pain. On weekends, I'd share them with friends while drinking beers. Twas a fun time except for the constipation.

It is a very nice drug. I didn't consider it to be extremely habit forming, but my tolerance sure built up quickly to it.

It's interesting to find out the hard way that PAIN MEDICINE becomes MEDICINE when you're in PAIN. Who would have thunk it! There's such a stigma attached to pain meds that even nurses sometimes deny their patients in want because they think they're looking for a fix. I say, "If the doctor ordered it, give it! The patient is in the hospital for poop's sake! Why not give a fix?" Silly nurses, meds are for forum users.

if you can, try and get 30mg pure codeine

Yup, that's the one I'm taking. 30mg codeine phosphate. Seems tricky to trackdown without resorting to dodgy non-UK online pharmacies. I've only got ten left now, so I think I'll save them.

Guest hahathhat

i thought opiates were pretty boring. whenever i get some for doctor stuff i take a few then trade off the rest because it gets old real fast

Guest Masonic Boom

It's addictive as fuck. My former partner was addicted to it pretty bad. It was just kinda pathetic when we'd be out of town if he'd forget his stash, and we'd be going round 24-hour pharmacies in the middle of the night trying to persuade someone to sell him some. He'd make me go in and pretend to have period pains just to get the over the counter stuff. Just a really stupid shit thing to be addicted to. Not that there are *good* things to be addicted to, but... hell.

Because of that experience, I've been utterly careful with it, even when prescribed after surgery. I just do not want to get into it, because I've seen what withdrawal is like and it isn't pretty.

Then again, I've been coming off SSRIs cold turkey for the past few weeks, which is a world of headfuck and pain I never expected. I just wanna be straight and never deal with any of this ever again (she says, pissed up in SW16)

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

For my wisdom teeth, I got percoset and vicodin. Both were niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

I actually have some kind of genetic resistance to opioids -- not immunity, but I need strong stuff for it to even have the slightest effect.

Actually, during the operation, they were shocked that I was still perfectly lucid when I counted all the way to 10 the first time.

Guest the anonymous forumite

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

This word sums up opiates perfectly.

i like a strong cup of papaver tea to nurse a particularily bad hangover sometimes (kakapro-tip, order a box of papaver somniferum from martinsdriedflowers.co.uk and grind them up to make tea with them, a kilo will make you at least 100 strong cups). the tea has about 80% codeine and 20% morphine as the main active alkaloids in it. buprenorphine or 7-hydroxymitragynine work well too. opiates make my skin itchy and dry and they mess with mah guts though, not recreational for me :/

Ive taken codeine and demerol (whatever the uk name is for it_) recreationally before. kind of gives you a mellow warm feeling with a kind of fuzziness focused in the stomach, but you can still get on and do stuff, it kind of feels like your body is stoned but your mind is still sharp. Going to sleep on it is very nice indeed, however its so nice that you keep wanting to do it every day. Im glad my supply ran out otherwise I wouldn't like to think of what state my liver would be in now. Im not desperate enough to bother doing extractions and all that shit though.

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

This word sums up opiates perfectly.

ouatia.png

i like a strong cup of papaver tea to nurse a particularily bad hangover sometimes

but you can still get on and do stuff

Thats the insiduous part of it. It's so tempting to use it inappropriately for minor things like hangovers. I took 90mg (the equivalent of about 18 weak vicodin) at work one afternoon last week because I had a sore throat and I was functioning absolutely fine as it wasn't a particularly taxing day.

Anyway my housemate has just noticed that her codeine supplies have taken a hit and has hidden the phosphate and left me with some codeine linctus instead. She's either trying to ween me off it, or I'm now someones bitch and she's going to use it to blackmail my barely tumescent codeine addled penis into action. Oh well, back to bloody fish oil, plenty of exercise and quality sleep for my mental wellbeing.

Guest we_kill_soapscum

i am a recovering h addict and i can tell you: don't start doing h.

and don't do oxy/ty3s/whatever for more than 2 days in a row EVER.

Guest analogue wings

i am a recovering h addict and i can tell you: don't start doing h.

how many people told you that before you did it anyway?

Archived