IGNORED

Deftones - Diamond Eyes

Guest Fishtank

Guest Fishtank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2mt1S7wSP0

Deftones is proud to announce the title and release date of the brand new record. "Diamond Eyes" will be available everywhere May 18. The first track to be released is called "Rocket Skates", and will be available for free download at deftones.com next Tuesday, February 23. Head over to www.myspace.com/deftones right now for a sneak preview.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Barricade

wow they're still around? I stopped caring after their 4th album. And from the sound of it they haven't changed anything. Why do they keep on making the same stuff? it's so late 90's / early 00's...

They continued to make music saying Chi would have wanted it that way although I'm not sure if he's still in a coma?

The last album was a bit shit but had some great tracks still. The last 3 albums they've done they've compared the recording process to White Pony which must be bullshit. They'll never make anything as good as that but I'm still hopeful. I still love Deftones.

Guest Fishtank

I want to know more about Rocket Skates

I notice the track titles are getting sillier

I mean u,u,d,d,l,r,l,r... come on...

Where's the track list?

U,U,D,D is from Saturday Night Wrist

The album is expected to have 11 tracks total,[8] including:

* "Rocket Skates" (performed live in October 2009)[5]

* "Nylons and Suspenders"[8]

After dealing with the tragedy surrounding Chi Cheng's car accident, Deftones wanted to create an album with an overall positive and optimistic vibe. Describing the band's state while writing for the album, Chino Moreno stated, "Our inspiration and unity as a band is stronger than it has ever been before and we needed to channel that energy into our music."[11] The songs on the album do not feature songs about complaining, hurting, or how "life sucks" – a common lyrical theme Moreno has noticed since the early 90s.[8][12] Moreno describes the overall theme of the album as a "positive zest for life," and also having "a fantasy vibe" similar to White Pony.[8][12] The song lyrics for "Rocket Skates" contain "beautiful yet violent imagery," and was compared to the Deftones song "Knife Party" from White Pony.[8] Deftones also thought it would be difficult to tour in support of a new album with memories of Cheng attached to it. Commenting on song writing, Moreno stated:

“ I don't like listening to people's problems -- I like music. Music has been smothered with that complaining since the early-'90s. It gets old. Instead of going to the opposite side of the spectrum and listening to Black Eyed Peas, which is just straight silly, I choose to listen to more instrumental music. I do very little singing about myself on this record. I love songs where I can totally take myself out of being human. I can sing about really odd things, and they don't necessarily have to pertain to me at all. It paints a picture. Those are the kind of lyrics I grew up with -- like The Cure. Really visual images and no storytelling. ”

—Chino Moreno[8]

that's interesting since they have complained about Chino's lack on involvement as a group more recently, well before Chi's coma incident anyway

I want to know more about Rocket Skates

I notice the track titles are getting sillier

I mean u,u,d,d,l,r,l,r... come on...

Where's the track list?

U,U,D,D is from Saturday Night Wrist

Oops...I don't pay much attention to track names, obviously. That is a pretty shitty name.

Stoked.

Doubt it'll be able to top Saturday Night Wrist tho. Pretty much the perfect alternative/metal album.

Aw cmon thats just plain wrong.

Team Sleeps unmastered album is much better than anything else they did thereafter. I had Adrenaline on yesterday and it sounds as fresh as it did the first day I heard it. I think I also read that Stephens been left to the guitar duties pretty much on this one? His riffs are great.

Chino has a new side project now, holy ghost, so I doubt team sleep is still alive, at least for now. I think steve carpenter has a new side too with someone from cypress hill?

Chino has a new side project now, holy ghost...

Hmm, interesting, working with a guy from the band Far. I'll keep an eye on that.

Edit: Oh wait I'm not so sure now:

He lives a couple blocks away from me, so I go over to his studio a few nights a week and work on this electro record. Annie Hardy from Giant Drag has done a couple vocals on this project, too.

http://www.spin.com/articles/studio-deftones

Still love these guys. I remember seeing them live on the WP tour and being so stoned and messed up on pills that it was like heaven to just stand there and let it all wash over me. In those teenage days, I was still running around wearing those lame giant Kikwear pants, and when I met Chino and Chi after the show, I remember Chino signing my WP CD cover, looking down at my pants and saying "Damn, that's some big shit."

/Deftones memory

Archived