IGNORED

You really have to wonder about the Beatles

marf

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

British invasion. Whole world is watching. .It would make more sense to me if the Beatles were helped along a great deal versus what we were lead to believe

British invasion. Whole world is watching. .It would make more sense to me if the Beatles were helped along a great deal versus what we were lead to believe

Well George Martin and their sound engineers were excellent and certainly helped many of their ideas come to life. They also attempted to televise them recording their new album live, in front of camera's 24/7... which actually is what led to increased tension causing their break-up...

They were discovered because of their pop talent, and eventually they were driven away from live shows (they thought their lives were in danger and hated the crowds) they moved to the studio exclusively (something no pop bands did at the time) and took a shit ton of acid. :cisfor:

george harrison apparently said to george martin if he could do it all again he'd re-record everything the beatles did. george martin replied 'what? even strawberry fields?' and george h replied 'especially strawberry fields.

i know this because i was there.

Paul McCartney is a coont.

Chemical Brothers made good use of "Tomorrow Never Knows"--that's probably my favorite song. All of the others make me pop-puke sick but I certainly understand their impact.

What specific tastes

Opinions :cisfor:

while isolated and alone paul kinda sucks, but in the beatles he is absolutely essential! he provides that gauzy pop song outlook, which balances johns more experimental tendencies and george's indian/guitar heavy songs.

Martha My Dear, I Will, and Honey Pie. Listen to those three a couple of times and you'll know what I mean. There is TONS of shit going on in Martha My Dear esp.

Archived