IGNORED

Comparisons and Contrasts between Avatar and District 9

Capsaicin

Guest Jac Y Jymper

one was a really good film which in 3d was a treat to the eyes, to not be impressed an aknowledge that is was tenner well spent would make you a really shit person.

one was a really good film which i downloaded and really enjoyed it because it has a good protaganist and it reminded me of bad taste but then it got really good when the weapons from unreal tornament were used and then i liked the robot.

district 9 was a better film while avatar was a visual treat which made me excited about playing a 3d district 25 xbox 72 game in my cabin

jesus christ. district 9 sucked massive dick. say what you want about avatar. but district 9 was whack as fuck. quote me on that in your essay.

That would be an awesome quote

Future Hall of Famer Fred McGriff said that "district 9 sucked massive dick .... [it] was whack as fuck".

no, no, no...avatar got a huge audience and raked in billions, therefore it must be shit. seriously guys, popular stuff is always shit.

who said avatar sucked cause it was popular? huh? i say it sucked because it subjected me to a saccharine love story that was more jizzing about the environment than about actual love AND nauseating 3d that culminated in me vomiting up the strawberry gelatto i had earlier that night.

and i paid fifteen bucks to do that! i wonder if they'll refund my money so i can buy another gelatto?

this has nothing to do with avatar being "mainstream" or "profitable," this has to do with avatar being a worthless movie that spawned from a union between cliches, hype, and high technology with no redeeming qualities, except for the fact that you can see the blue cat's pores, i guess that's pretty cool.

no, no, no...avatar got a huge audience and raked in billions, therefore it must be shit. seriously guys, popular stuff is always shit.

who said avatar sucked cause it was popular? huh? i say it sucked because it subjected me to a saccharine love story that was more jizzing about the environment than about actual love AND nauseating 3d that culminated in me vomiting up the strawberry gelatto i had earlier that night.

and i paid fifteen bucks to do that! i wonder if they'll refund my money so i can buy another gelatto?

this has nothing to do with avatar being "mainstream" or "profitable," this has to do with avatar being a worthless movie that spawned from a union between cliches, hype, and high technology with no redeeming qualities, except for the fact that you can see the blue cat's pores, i guess that's pretty cool.

that's just like your opinion, man.

but i do feel the hostility among some of you are based on the popularity, this is after all WATMM, where a group of people listening to a niche style of music like to dismiss anything with larger appeal because they feel they are special, edgy and unique.

avatar was a very well crafted blockbuster with good action and a story while not especially originally still works so well that it has appealed to so many. the movie accomplished what it was supposed to do spectacularly well, regardless of what your own opinion of it is or what you wanted it to be.

having a more convoluted or original story might have detracted from the mass appeal of the movie. james cameron is a big hollywood director with a pedigree in action blockbusters, why did everyone expect avatar to be any different? did star wars have an original story?

here's a cameron interview by charlie rose, where he addresses some of the criticism.

http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/10866

but i do feel the hostility among some of you are based on the popularity, this is after all WATMM, where a group of people listening to a niche style of music like to dismiss anything with larger appeal because they feel they are special, edgy and unique.

avatar was a very well crafted blockbuster with good action and a story while not especially originally still works so well that it has appealed to so many. the movie accomplished what it was supposed to do spectacularly well, regardless of what your own opinion of it is or what you wanted it to be.

having a more convoluted or original story might have detracted from the mass appeal of the movie. james cameron is a big hollywood director with a pedigree in action blockbusters, why did everyone expect avatar to be any different? did star wars have an original story?

here's a cameron interview by charlie rose, where he addresses some of the criticism.

facebookthumb.jpgFred McGriff likes this.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

125653110412.gifFred McGriff likes this.

Archived