IGNORED

New Planet Mu Site with Shop

Guest thomasplanetmu

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I would prefer flac downloads over wav. I convert them to flac after I download them anyway, so this would save a step. plus, there's the benefit of smaller file sizes, which means shorter download times.

Cool to see you are browsing here for feedback. I like the rephlex price point. Some 12-15 track EPs for 3 pound - I snapped that stuff up without even thinking, also 4 track EPs at the price are good. So 3-4 pound for good EPs I would be buying heaps. 3.50 for EPs with 6,7,8 tracks.. in 24bit WAV? great, I'll take em. 5 pound I would buy a lot of albums. anything over 6.50 I would think twice.

I have bought 320kbps mp3s before but prefer WAV/FLAC.

With digital pricing you could have a sale for a fortnight/month/however long you bloody like and see if the diminished return per release is out weighed by the additional purchases. Use that data to adjust pricing accordingly to maximise profit. I have always assumed there were alot of students/cheap pricks like me, just waiting for digital prices to get cheaper, but if there ain't you should have enough control over the store to easily end an experiment such as the above.

Also make the popular releases/artists slightly premium and the new artists/old albums cheaper to spike demand and build em up. I was surprised to see the prices on some of the older releases that I figured were not much in demand. But maybe I figure wrong :cisfor:

Anyway good luck and to end on a positive the design of the store is very nice.

We have set up the store so that you can download the MP3 / WAV 3 times with no time limit on the download it once and keep the other 2 up there in case in a couple of years time your hard drive dies etc.

That's pretty cool.

Guest southside jim

sooo since i really haven't been following mu very much, would anyone like to list me a few mu artists worth listening?

Guest southside jim

That depends, how much do you like dubstep?

Also, James Quall. I love that face. I love it to bits, I want to kiss it on the lips.

season cinco, baby.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

sooo since i really haven't been following mu very much, would anyone like to list me a few mu artists worth listening?

venetian snares

ambulance

leafcutter john

µ-ziq aka kid spatula

the gasman

vex'd

pinch

phthalocyanine

tim exile

joseph nothing

luke vibert

hellfish & producer

faldtydl

ceephax

remarc

bizzy b

benga

I personally am grabbing a lot of these:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/50634-unreleased-aphex-track-to-be-played-on-electronic-explorations/page__view__findpost__p__1188395

yeah, that whole mix was wicked.

Somewhere in between Rephlex's prices and the prices where they are now would be ideal. When I can find Mu full-lengths here (USA), they're usually ~15 bucks, so 9 or 10 per on WAV would be cool. Personally I am not interested in anything but lossless formats at this point. Just IMO

Guest thomasplanetmu

Hi Everyone

I have just adjusted the prices of all MP3 and Wav albums below ZIQ100 to £4.99/£6.25. Also we have out some of the compilations cd's up for £5 as well as Tim Exiles live album.

Oh wow, that's great news! I'm gonna go check it out right now.

I've always thought Mu should have some sort of subscription service available. I mean, Mu is probably my favorite label, but there's no way I have the cash (being in the USA, especially) or time to check out all the smaller vinyl/EP/single releases on vinyl. Nor do I have a particularly nice turntable to play them on. I tend to just seek out CDs.

It would be cool now that there's an infrastructure for it to pay like .. uh, 50 bucks (or whatever) to basically have access to all the singles and EPs for that year, in digital form, as they are released. Just the smaller releases, I'm saying.

It would be kind of like a SURPRISE when new stuff comes out. I guess maybe it would have to be more than 50 bucks, now that I think about it.

Yeah totally. Singles clubs were definitely a thing.

The boomkat thing is alright but you still have to click through to buy and it's not full releases, it's just single tracks. Which to me is not as appealing and an iTunes organizational nightmare.

I really like this concept too. Now I'm not sure I'd actually sign up for this, or if there's any label I'm that attached to anymore that I'd be willing to sign up, but it's a cool idea none the less...and could prompt me to take more interest in a specific label.

Archived