IGNORED

New Planet Mu Site with Shop

Guest thomasplanetmu

Only drag about this is you can no longer right-click the discog entries to access supar-huge jpegs of the album art. That was crucial for iTunes organizational purposes.

Only drag about this is you can no longer right-click the discog entries to access supar-huge jpegs of the album art. That was crucial for iTunes organizational purposes.

You can still do that...

Go here: http://www.planet.mu/discography

Right-click images -> view image.

change E140x140 to E800x800 in address bar.

BAM! :rhubear2:

I like Rephlex prices better but yeah pretty cool. Wait no 8 pounds 24 for old WAV albums? fuck off.

With the low cost of distribution on digital you gotta wonder right. If the prices were half that I would go nuts on there but maybe I am being a cheap prick. I am a bit poor atm.

I like Rephlex prices better but yeah pretty cool. Wait no 8 pounds 24 for old WAV albums? fuck off.

With the low cost of distribution on digital you gotta wonder right. If the prices were half that I would go nuts on there but maybe I am being a cheap prick. I am a bit poor atm.

You're not being cheap. I refuse to buy MP3s for this reason, way overpriced most places (considering the low cost of distribution and no physical product to produce).

You're not being cheap. I refuse to buy MP3s for this reason, way overpriced most places (considering the low cost of distribution and no physical product to produce).

Or, you know, more money going to the artists, which encourages them to keep making music and putting it out for you.

Or, you know, more money going to the artists, which encourages them to keep making music and putting it out for you.

Hey I'm all about artists getting money for their work. I was just raised on physical media and don't believe in a digital file costing the same as a physical item when it's obvious it costs less to produce and distribute. If I pay that much I want something to show for it.

Hey I'm all about artists getting money for their work. I was just raised on physical media and don't believe in a digital file costing the same as a physical item when it's obvious it costs less to produce and distribute. If I pay that much I want something to show for it.

Fair dues. Hell, 95% of my freelance gigs these days are CD covers and vinyl labels, so I feel you on that. I'm just grumpy about people complaining about the price of things because I feel artists and musicians aren't as well compensated for their work (overall) as they should be. I've also had to turn down several freelance jobs because people complained about my quotes (which are pretty low to begin with).

new vex'd!

pre ordered that shit!

Also the U ziq Teeee and some Billious Paths on vinyl.......

came today actually.....

Fuck you Planet Mu, you raped my wallet!! this won't be as bad as when Rephlex does new physical releases though... that'll be a dark day for my bank balance...

They threw in some free Mu stickers, how nice of them :)

Guest thomasplanetmu

Alright you bunch of moaning lords (only joking) just out of curiosity then, what would you consider a fair price for say a 320 of an album and a wav of an album?

Ta

Thomas Planet Hu?

same for 320 as wave, offer lifetime license on the work so that one needn't be ripped on 'upgrades'. Yes, I know that this is currently unworkable. It does make you wonder what artist unions are for though.

Guest thomasplanetmu

delet... Thing is a it does actually cost a different amount for a Wav and MP3. We have to pay storage and bandwidth costs, so the cost to us of sending a WAV is more than an MP3 hence most places have different price for the different size files. Fair play to Rephlex for letting you choose but it will be interesting to see if they keep it that way forever, as far as I am aware they are the only store that does not charge extra for a Wav.

We have set up the store so that you can download the MP3 / WAV 3 times with no time limit on the download it once and keep the other 2 up there in case in a couple of years time your hard drive dies etc.

I appreciate the feedback, we do listen.

Alright you bunch of moaning lords (only joking) just out of curiosity then, what would you consider a fair price for say a 320 of an album and a wav of an album?

Ta

Thomas Planet Hu?

Personally, I think something in the $5-8 range is fair for digital-only albums...$10 being the highest I'd consider reasonable. And mostly I feel this way because it otherwise is too close to the cost of a CD and often more expensive than a used CD...which makes no sense to me.

At 3-4 EUR per album I'd be buying albums pretty liberally all around, if the process was more hassle free than searching Piratebay or Soulseek. At 5-6 I'd only buy stuff I already know is great, if it's from a label I feel like supporting. At 7-8 EUR I'd only buy albums that are not available to download illegally or buy physically. At prices over 8 EUR an album I think the label is being greedy and I'll just try to ignore them.

Archived