IGNORED

Bonobo - Black Sands

Redruth

This is really nice. I haven't listened to anything by him in years it seems. Sounds like he's slightly "wonky-fied" his sound a bit, but kept the lushness intact. The strings sound beautiful. I Saw this on the Ninja Tune site as well:

We're very excited to announce one of the best, most lovingly crafted and collectible limited edition releases Ninja Tune has ever put together. To celebrate Bonobo's new album, we'll be making a small number of CDs available with a bonus, 5-inch vinyl disc. The latter will feature one of the album tracks backed with an all-exclusive b-side. It's the perfect item to finish off a masterpiece of contemporary sonics and singular aesthetics, and a must have for anyone who considers themselves a fan. More info to follow, but secure yours now.

Guest Enter a new display name

That seems pretty un-Bonobo to me...

[youtubehd]3wxJu-X0zVo[/youtubehd]

Yeah, but I'd much rather look at Andreya than him :wub:

Love her vocals, really mellow and not too overpowering. Tea Leaf Dancers with her is one of my favorite FlyLo tracks as well.

Tea Leaf Dancers with her is one of my favorite FlyLo tracks as well.

this and his kind midas sound 'lost' remix are my favorites.

logo99.JPG

Guest uptowndevil

just got done listening to black sands. overall i'd say it was good. glad to hear it be an instrumental. i felt it was a bit overly jazzy and loungy sounding at times, with few stand out tracks compared to animal magic, but definitely something i'd throw on again in the background while doing something. kong and we could forever were highlights for me. kiara was a strange way to start the album, as it sounds pretty different than the rest of it.

overall 7/10.

this album is deliciously chill. i highly recommend this as background music for work, etc, if you are fortunate enough to have an environment where the music can just play throughout the day... 1009 and All In Forms are really superb, and as a bonobo fan, i appreciate the subtleties of this album.

Guest Coalbucket PI

It's a really good album, he dips firmly into other people's styles a few times though, starting to sound a lot like Portico Quartet or Cinematic Orchestra, and sometimes a bit too much. But whatever I really like it.

• 3 weeks later...

Have been listening to this for about a week now and I have decided that I don't like it as much as his previous work. It's ridiculously well mastered and tracks like Kiara and 1009 really stand out, but most of the other songs seem like retreads of other Bonobo stuff and are just kind of too same-y bland movie soundtrack-y for me.

Same here, there's nothing on this that can compare to Animal Magic or Dial M for Monkey. I'm missing that supreme relaxed feel of a track like Kota. Not bad, but I'd rather listen to his earlier work.

Dial M for Monkey was always the highlight for me, but Black Sands is definitely pushing it...sounds really good live as well...

Archived