IGNORED

Chinese granny buried alive by property developers

Macca

"Wang Cuyun was attempting to prevent a demolition team from knocking down her house when she was allegedly beaten by a worker with a wooden stick and then pushed into a ditch that had been dug around the property.

A bulldozer then covered Mrs Wang with earth, burying her alive. By the time her relatives dug her up, she was dead. The incident occurred last Wednesday in Maodian village in Huangpi district.

"

Link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/7374701/Chinese-granny-buried-alive-by-property-developers.html

"It is not possible to refuse an eviction in China, since the government technically owns all the land.

"

sounds horrible :(

"Wang Cuyun was attempting to prevent a demolition team from knocking down her house when she was allegedly beaten by a worker with a wooden stick and then pushed into a ditch that had been dug around the property.

A bulldozer then covered Mrs Wang with earth, burying her alive. By the time her relatives dug her up, she was dead. The incident occurred last Wednesday in Maodian village in Huangpi district.

"

Link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/7374701/Chinese-granny-buried-alive-by-property-developers.html

"It is not possible to refuse an eviction in China, since the government technically owns all the land.

"

sounds horrible :(

America has been the Original Gangsta for some years but, fuck me, China's really gunning for the contendership. Or do I have it backwards and China has been this O.G. for 4,000 years or so?

To my knowledge all this sort of behavior begun with the revolution last century... unless anyone cares to point me to historical articles from its ages of Dynasty with several acts of blatant brutality on its own civilians?

Guest Enter a new display name

I guess that would have happened to Mr. Fredericson if he didn't blow all those balloons up sooner.

Up325.jpg

Guest lullezucht

japan needs to invade china again and re-colonize to teach them how to be human beings.

That's the most hateful and ignorant comment I've ever read here.

I guess you're drunk or something? If not you really need some lessons in Japanese and Chinese history.

America has been the Original Gangsta for some years but, fuck me, China's really gunning for the contendership. Or do I have it backwards and China has been this O.G. for 4,000 years or so?

CHina's been running this bitch for about 1,000 years.

To my knowledge all this sort of behavior begun with the revolution last century... unless anyone cares to point me to historical articles from its ages of Dynasty with several acts of blatant brutality on its own civilians?

Important to remember that before kind of the turn of the 20th century, people were not citizens with rights, but were subjects to the ruling class. I don't want to speak for European governments, but most Asian governments utnil the early 20th century were predatory i.e. looked out for themselves first.

japan needs to invade china again and re-colonize to teach them how to be human beings.

Yes, because the Japanese never committed any acts of brutali...oh wait.

Oh and back on point - that story is fucked. Unfettered greed.

I guess you're drunk or something? If not you really need some lessons in Japanese and Chinese history.

japan is fucked in the human rights dept, here let me show you: japan times

but china... fuck... are you stupid?

Guest Glass Plate

I don't think it's funny at all, but I guess that's because I just read about the rape of nanking for class.

since when has the utterly tasteless not been fair game for humor on wattm? :pedobear:

anyway that story is terrible. But I don't understand the part about not getting compensated for eviction. In Shanghai at least, everyone I've ever spoken to about it says the govt. compensates generously for evictions. In fact, since the compensation is based on how many members are in your family, I've heard of people getting married just for the sake of the eviction cash and/or new housing.

*clutches new apartment deed sweatily*

Guest lullezucht

i can't be the only one who chuckled at this you humorless cnuts

Ah come on Lumpenprol. It's pretty obvious from my posts I come here for the lulz and to unsuccessfully spam my releases.

If it was a joke, he should have provided an ironic context and you can't really say he has the reputation of being watmm's own Bill Hicks either...

I regret posting my reply anyway as these arguments never lead anywhere.

Guest lullezucht

everyone I've ever spoken to about it says the govt. compensates generously for evictions.

Same here.

reminds me of the Wurzels

AYE CAHNT WEIGHT TU GIT MOY ANDS ON YURE LAND

Which in turn reminds me of the Yorkshire man on holidays in Cornwall with the fam.

Pissing rain, but "we be on holidays so we're off t' beach". His kids' looks on the faces were fucking priceless.

But I don't understand the part about not getting compensated for eviction. In Shanghai at least, everyone I've ever spoken to about it says the govt. compensates generously for evictions.

I don't get that either. i thought that was how all these asian millionaires got made. Hold on to your worthless farmland until the government wants to buy it. That's how they did it in Korea/HK anyways...

Guest lullezucht

so do you, like, ever hop from Japan over to Shanghai? If you do let me know, so we can eye each other suspiciously...

Sometimes, but I usually only fly to Shanghai and then travel onward. Will let you know when I'm actually staying in Shanghai.

The compensation is usually there (in the big cities), but the corruption at small local governments is a big problem too in China. This sad story seems to be an example of that.

Guest countchocula

Or this shining moment in human history: Unit 731

Or this shining moment in human history: Unit 731

holy fuck... didn't know about that!

Archived