IGNORED

Headphones > £100

Daxx

I feel like an upgrade and so just looking for any particular recommendations for headphones around £100, predominantly for electronic music.

Sticky at this point

yeah, we need a pinned headphones thread. this is getting ridiculous.

have a look here, my friend runs this business, and he's very honest about quality, he doesn't just say something is awesome because it's expensive and he wants to make a sale:

http://www.headphones.com.au

Guest Coalbucket PI

Get some open Sennheisers, I have HD500s which have been good to me but I don't think they still make that exact model. I also use HD25s for DJing and they sound excellent but open ones are nicer for producing and casual listening

Sennheiser HD555 or 555 are decent, non-isolating.

HD25 for closed, isolating, or try one of the new Shure full-sized headphones.

Alessandro MS1 for rawking the fuck out with tiny soundstage.

Guest uptowndevil

i've found the sennheisers i've owned/listened to to sound pretty mediocre. the HD570's i had lacked in the lower end and sounded pretty tinny and flat overall. the band also ended up snapping in half in my book bag, and i never bothered to get them fixed. for $150 i'd go with a pair of audio technicas, denons, beyerdynamics, or grados in that price class. and don't let anyone talk you into bose triports.

dont get shure. those things have super screechy high ends, they make my ears hurt after like 5 minutes.

i have the mdrs and they are super pleasant.

Which one of the shures did you try? I haven't heard them myself, but I keep seeing mostly good things about the 840s (and mostly bad things about the 240s).

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Yeah...we need a headphone sticky .

And the sony mdr-7506 will be my next purchase .

Archived