When they bounce that shit off of satellites

And they hit that switch and when they hit that switch

All of heaven shits on you

Imagine the view

this is what i thought too.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at the very least this video proves that the Rules of Engagement that the army presents they follow are actually not accurate at all.

shooting people as they are wounded and trying to bring other wounded to safety is completely illegal

This reminds of the public service function that Ogrish used to play. There were several videos like this on that site, I remember in one they basically shot up a whole neighborhood from the air and turned it to dust and smoke, then tracked down people trying to escape through the underbrush using heat vision. It was surreal watching some guy running for his life with these unbelievably large explosions catching up behind him, until they eventually overtake him and turn him to flying blobs of tissue. Of course they also had all the beheading videos. They really should host all these videos somewhere, they should be part of the public record.

My only comment is it's a scary world we're entering in to, in terms of there no longer being any way to "fight the power" if it comes to that. I'm on the same page with Awepittance and others there, I find the completely lopsided power dynamic in modern warfare extremely unsettling. And it's only going to get more lopsided.

This reminds of the public service function that Ogrish used to play. There were several videos like this on that site, I remember in one they basically shot up a whole neighborhood from the air and turned it to dust and smoke, then tracked down people trying to escape through the underbrush using heat vision. It was surreal watching some guy running for his life with these unbelievably large explosions catching up behind him, until they eventually overtake him and turn him to flying blobs of tissue. Of course they also had all the beheading videos. They really should host all these videos somewhere, they should be part of the public record.

100% in agreement about this. Ogrish while trying to appeal to the whole 'faces of death' subculture did perform a public service by hosting all that stuff. Not just from hosting videos of american soldiers shooting at people but i saw some pretty gruesome stuff showing american soldiers being blown up. Even these types of videos i think are intentionally hidden from the public, seeing a 19 year old soldier flying 30 feet in the air like a rag doll brings shit like this home for people.

My only comment is it's a scary world we're entering in to, in terms of there no longer being any way to "fight the power" if it comes to that. I'm on the same page with Awepittance and others there, I find the completely lopsided power dynamic in modern warfare extremely unsettling. And it's only going to get more lopsided.

in a world where most individuals feel powerless in this regard, it's great something like Wikileaks can even exist. I saw the guy who runs it interviewed on TV and i really liked the way he carried himself, the guy has balls of steel.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

any mentions on the big press?

why are most of them ignoring it?

....ummz maybe because of the very purpose and definition of mainstream big press today... they ignore things like this, white wash, try to make them seem as dumb as possible unless they feel it can't be ignored and then they put a different spin on it..

it's great something like Wikileaks can even exist. I saw the guy who runs it interviewed on TV and i really liked the way he carried himself, the guy has balls of steel.

While the video is certainly shocking, I did find myself wondering about the way it was packaged. It sounded like they got the vid using the "Freedom of information act", but then they say they "decrypted it" or something like that. So which is it, did they somehow sneak out the vid, or did they just request it? Or was the delivered file encrypted? They kind of lost me there, but it sounded like they might be trying to inflate their own importance in the affair.

but i saw some pretty gruesome stuff showing american soldiers being blown up. Even these types of videos i think are intentionally hidden from the public, seeing a 19 year old soldier flying 30 feet in the air like a rag doll brings shit like this home for people.

good point, I remember those too. Easy to forget that seemingly endless stream of brutal IED attacks, before they figured out how to armor their vehicles properly. Also interesting how the videos were made from the terrorists' point of view.

..... how can you possibly imagine that there isn't deep rooted reasoning's for why mainstream media doesn't automatically cover important real upsetting honest anti-establishment shit like this???..

they didn't even mention it. its not like they didn't have 30 seconds to do so.. or saying that they are just so slow? nbc was at there press conference where they gave pre warning that they were releasing the video yesterday. what mainstream media covers and what it doesn't, what spin it they want to put on it, how it will impact the different factions of society is a very calculated focused thing

Guest Lady kakapo

It's on the front webpage of both the Guardian and the Times today (two main broadsheets in the UK, centre left and centre right respectively). Haven't seen the print editions yet, may have been too late yesterday to hit them.

Edit: It's on the bbc also, but hidden in the technology section.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8605055.stm

is there some kind of mirror for the other stuff on wikileaks that is currently down?

for example the Scientology stuff

Scientology deleted all that stuff from the web. I think there are a few torrents around.

like I said, mainstream news has to give something coverage as much as they don't want to when something they aren't obligated to post gets this viral

Guest theSun

i, for one, wish there was more coverage like this. in vietnam, americans weren't as detached because you could watch the news and see our boys getting carted off the battlefield, limbs blown off. you got to see what the war was like.

with iraq, they seldom show reports of casualties, and very rarely any video from battlefields. this has helped desensitize america as much as anything else. most of us simply feel like the war is too far away to give a damn, and those that do care about it are trigger happy like these kids in the video.

all my friends in high school who i thought weren't going anywhere in life joined the military. go figure.

it's shit like this that creates (is) terrorism. what do you think those kids think of america now? you think they would hesitate to knock out a national landmark like WTC? or are they whistling the star spangled banner on their way home from the hospital?

Guest ataraxy2

It's a good thing the Aussie-Filter isn't active. I would have missed out on this bit of political relevance if it were. >_>

btw guys hit up http://www.foxnews.com/ they got all the info on the WVA mining disaster. at least TWENTY FIVE people are dead.

OH THE HUMANITY

I don't understand what are you trying to say.

The mining disaster was a horrible accident. The actions on the video being discuss in this thread were premeditated murder.

btw guys hit up http://www.foxnews.com/ they got all the info on the WVA mining disaster. at least TWENTY FIVE people are dead.

OH THE HUMANITY

I don't understand what are you trying to say.

The mining disaster was a horrible accident. The actions on the video being discuss in this thread were premeditated murder.

I'm no expert on satire, but I think he might possibly be pointing out how fair and balanced Fox News is conveniently not reporting on this rather large scoop.

Archived