IGNORED

That Wikileaks video

Macca

Apache helicopters use 30mm CANONs, not 7.62mm machine guns, most people killed were hit by sharpnel, the actual round would obliterate a person.

sorry to nit pick but i'm pretty sure people are being obliterated in this video, after the smoke clears you can only really see one intact body remaining, the rest of what's there looks like a messy pile of debris. the children were hit by shrapnel, if they were actually hit with a round they would surely be dead

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Apache helicopters use 30mm CANONs, not 7.62mm machine guns, most people killed were hit by sharpnel, the actual round would obliterate a person.

sorry to nit pick but i'm pretty sure people are being obliterated in this video, after the smoke clears you can only really see one intact body remaining, the rest of what's there looks like a messy pile of debris. the children were hit by shrapnel, if they were actually hit with a round they would surely be blood & vapor

fixt

Apache helicopters use 30mm CANONs, not 7.62mm machine guns, most people killed were hit by shrapnel, the actual round would obliterate a person.

sorry to nit pick but i'm pretty sure people are being obliterated in this video, after the smoke clears you can only really see one intact body remaining, the rest of what's there looks like a messy pile of debris. the children were hit by shrapnel, if they were actually hit with a round they would surely be blood & vapor

fixt

Agreed, I stand corrected. Point is the ammunition is so deadly it'll kill most who are simply close to it.

Guest Franklin

the plane I was thinking about is the Lockheed AC-130 spectre. (featured in call of duty 4). made more sense to me b/c the aircraft targeting the people circles continuously with the gun always on the left side of aircraft ... just like the spectres.

fuck i dunno anything about call signs or helicopters or anything but why wouldnt the helicopter just hover and blow the fuck out of the reporters instead of fly in a circle and force the gunner to have to wait to fire?

the plane I was thinking about is the Lockheed AC-130 spectre. (featured in call of duty 4). made more sense to me b/c the aircraft targeting the people circles continuously with the gun always on the left side of aircraft ... just like the spectres.

fuck i dunno anything about call signs or helicopters or anything but why wouldnt the helicopter just hover and blow the fuck out of the reporters instead of fly in a circle and force the gunner to have to wait to fire?

thats funny I was thinking the same thing. I was playing cod4 for the first time and was doing the "fire from above" mission that has a view that is extremely similar to this video. Actually really made me feel weird about playing the game later because the video is just so fucking brutal real and I realize how realistic they tried to make cod4.

I remember seeing this on the news. It's nothing interesting really. Just happens to be a suicide bomber caught on tape in Sri Lanka as he decides to push the button and go to heaven/paradise and embrace his 72 virgins.

Here's the video:

Guest AcrossCanyons

sure, i'll tell you all about this gif:

it is of the .gif format (that much I'm sure you've gathered), 456KB in (file)size and 400x258px (actual)size, and there are 15 individual frames.

hope that helps!

Tineye Reverse Image Search lead me to this:

http://www.crowded.fr/2009/03/12/attentat-suicide-au-sri-lanka/

google translated:

Usually we let this kind of specialized news sites, but on this one, I do not know if you saw the pictures of the suicide bombing in Sri Lanka on the birthday of Prophet Mohammed.

But I hallucinated on photos and video you can find on the net.

I was far to imagine that the explosion was so violent!

The photos of this event we would not ever see in real life, are surreal.

Guest Gary C

I was instantly trying to determine whether it was faek. But no, that's just sad and grim. Horrible.

Oh well. Lovely weather :whistling:

Disturbing and surreal video. It was a LTTE (Tamil Tiger) bombing, the same group whose imagery M.I.A. arrogantly plasters all over her single covers and music videos. I'm glad they were defeated last year, albeit with unfortunate losses amongst Tamil civillians. That country has been in a horrible state for well over 30 years.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/srilanka/4967511/Sri-Lankan-ministers-targeted-by-Tamil-Tiger-suicide-bomber.html

Yeah, it would be easier to get shot down if it was just "hovering." Usually the AC-130s are used for urban attacks because they can circle for hours over a potential target with extra fuel and wait around. They also have a crew of over a dozen, not just two. The fact that the Apache so close and the civilians aren't doing anything aggressive or defensive but just standing around makes it more obvious how wrong it was to attack.

The tone of the pilot and gunner bother me more than anything upon replaying the video. Reminds me of that gunner in Full Metal Jacket who says "get some" as he slaughters civillians. Even in other leaked videos of friendly fire incidents (the A-10 attack in 2003 in Iraq against British tanks, or the Tarnak Farm incident), the pilots express some regret in their tone when they find out they fired mistakenly. The Apache crew just piss me off, I can't beleive they might still be serving some where right now.

Archived