IGNORED

fuck I sounds just like my parents.

chenGOD

Today's pop music is shit.

"bands" like AttackAttack or Brokencyde or Teen Hearts

"singers" like Lady Gaga or whoever the fuck it is that does that TikTok song.

This is the kind of shit I have to not let my kid get into.

Oh well, at least there's always keyboard cat. You know it's coming, but fuck is it ever good when you get there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca73OtjYzm8

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

i would beat the fucking shit outta my illegitimate mistake of a child if they even mentioned thinking they maybe might pretend to like something as fucking tastelessly contrived and calculated as attackattack

Haha, my wife has gotten our daughter into Black Eyed Peas and Lady Gaga :facepalm: I try to counter that nonsense with good music whenever possible. At least I still have one more kid to work with if the first is lost to the dark side...

Guest Lube Saibot

I think the more extreme (in the sense of bad taste) things like Justin Bieber, or Ke$ha or Brokencyde are pretty beneficial in a larger scope. Imagine this body of inanely shitty music as pretty much a super-accurate litmus test of whether people are fucking scum or not. I mean, up until now, the cutoff point of "mother earth is crying" hadn't quite been reached, you could argue out of your ass for days on end whether something was genuinely, objectively bad, there'd always be some semblance of nostalgia, authenticity, thought, or at least blunt force commercial momentum behind the music.

katt-williams1.jpg But this shit right here nigga...

This shit right here...

My Dad said "Hey, this is the Flaming Lips, you might like them. Have a listen"

*Gives me soft bulletin*

*Mind Explodes*

My Dad has great taste. He's far more open to new music than I am. He likes all the new-agey bollox too.

i prefer ignorant people listen to silly music rather than music I enjoy.

Nice impression of an idiot.

My mom's got OK taste - she digs some Dilla, Madlib, and a little (very little) Aphex, etc. She likes beats more because the samples remind her of the old days and all. My dad is more open to the electronic side of things; he was bobbing his head a little to Mt Saint Michel, ha!

Guest 277: 930-933

There's plenty of good pop music around, maybe you're too lazy to make an effort to find it?

What you listed is just a random selection of arguably shit artists.

There's plenty of good pop music around, maybe you're too lazy to make an effort to find it?

What you listed is just a random selection of arguably shit artists.

The stuff I listed is what gets pushed on the radio/MTV/etc. which is what kids tend to watch/listen to at some point in time during their impressionable youth. Or being all "modern" (lol 5 years behind the curve) looking at the iTunes top songs is preytty much all Justin Bieber/ke$ha/Gaga etc etc

The good pop like say "here we go magic" or "peter, bjorn & john" or... isn't pushed. what's some good pop?

BTW, on a board like this, what are the odds that someone is too lazy to go find music?

My mom likes ambient,Steve Reich, Philip Glass, some of the orb, and she'll sit through stuff like Robert Normandeau/Pierre Bastien.

My dad is not into the electronic musics...

What I think happens is that young people, or even normal people who are just getting 'in' to listening to music, really have no idea what they like or how to discover good music. either they don't have the time for it, they don't know how, or they just don't care. they are basically force fed whatever pop music is available through all the regular channels like radio, TV ads, zany viral youtube videos, product placements, overheard in malls, movies, trailers, maybe friends, etc. It ends up being 'good enough' and they don't really develop any kind of musical intelligence or perception. so they will forever listen to and support whatever manufactured music and images that record executives decide they want to be popular at that moment in time in order to make money.

Guest Z_B_Z

i couldnt agree more. pop ate itself long ago.

also i dont think theres any point in being an apologist for people who listen to shitty music

I was watching a music program on TV the other day with the sound off and on screen was a slutty looking girl acting like an idiot and dancing around. For some reason I took a leap of faith and turned up the volume. My ears were raped to pieces. It was a song called Tik Tok by someone called Keisha. Fuck me, it was horrible!

What I think happens is that young people, or even normal people who are just getting 'in' to listening to music, really have no idea what they like or how to discover good music. either they don't have the time for it, they don't know how, or they just don't care. they are basically force fed whatever pop music is available through all the regular channels like radio, TV ads, zany viral youtube videos, product placements, overheard in malls, movies, trailers, maybe friends, etc. It ends up being 'good enough' and they don't really develop any kind of musical intelligence or perception. so they will forever listen to and support whatever manufactured music and images that record executives decide they want to be popular at that moment in time in order to make money.

:facepalm:

Guest Lube Saibot

non-:facepalm:

Guest AcrossCanyons

I agree that people just don't know what they like and never bother to really find out. People just like what they hear in a club and were drunk enough to dance to.

I feel sad for these people because they will never love music like I do. Ah well, not my loss. :emotawesomepm9:

why not try to invoke real discussion and conversations if you disagree with my ideas DAN C instead of just facepalm.gif ?

Guest Lube Saibot

I feel sad for these people because they will never love music like I do. Ah well, not my loss. :emotawesomepm9:

Archived