IGNORED

i'm on an Orbital binge

vamos scorcho

god i love the big 90s electronic acts etc

This.

The Box EP was the first CD I ever bought, very few things have topped it in the last fourteen years. Wonderful stuff. Them and Underworld and FSOL in 1996 were very, very important to me.

That's how I felt about Orbital, FSOL, and Aphex Twin in the nineties as well. Are there any current artists that invoke that level of intensity for you? I can't think of any that do it for me these days... why is that?

That's how I felt about Orbital, FSOL, and Aphex Twin in the nineties as well. Are there any current artists that invoke that level of intensity for you? I can't think of any that do it for me these days... why is that?

Nothing will. Welcome to the jaded portion of your life.

saw these guys last night. highlight of coachella for me. i had tickets and airfare to see the 'farewell show' back in 2004, but wasn't able to make it, so this was fantastic. they closed out their set with the classic halcyon live. awesome.

they should have closed the main stage instead of the gorillaz. kind of insulting, but whatever.

Nothing will. Welcome to the jaded portion of your life.

I thought that might be it. :mellow: shit.

I haven't listened to the brown album in AGES! I shall give it a spin one of these days. Though the female vocals kind of annoy me when I think about them, the album is hugely nostalgic for me. It will probably make me cry. Big fan of it in the 90s and I also really like Snivilation, In Sides and the green one. I do kind of wish In Sides was maybe a little shorter, more compact I guess. No doubt it's epic and the high points are worth the wait. I just feel maybe I'd listen to it more if it was a single CD (as it goes for practically all double-albums. Yes I'm one of those that prefers a tight 45-minute album versus a full 80-minute CD just to have more music). The Middle of Nowhere was the last one I got and it was ok.

I haven't listened to the brown album in AGES! I shall give it a spin one of these days. Though the female vocals kind of annoy me when I think about them, the album is hugely nostalgic for me. It will probably make me cry. Big fan of it in the 90s and I also really like Snivilation, In Sides and the green one. I do kind of wish In Sides was maybe a little shorter, more compact I guess. No doubt it's epic and the high points are worth the wait. I just feel maybe I'd listen to it more if it was a single CD (as it goes for practically all double-albums. Yes I'm one of those that prefers a tight 45-minute album versus a full 80-minute CD just to have more music). The Middle of Nowhere was the last one I got and it was ok.

Halfway through the Brown Album right now and feeling great. Planet of the Shapes and the Lushes are so incredible. DO IT. Their use of female vocals has never bothered me, and in fact I really love what they do with them (Halcyon ahhhhh). It wasn't until the Blue Album that I kind of grew tired of it, but you can hardly count that release anyway. Middle of Nowhere gets flack from long-time listeners too but I really like that one, brass sections and all.

Wish I could have seen the boys at Coachella but happy I've already seen them once before in L.A.

the other day i was driving around listening to brown album (what started all this for me) and planet of the shapes was tripping me out hard. i was running all these errands and it was the most perfect soundtrack - getting a new ID, getting a passport, etc.

God I miss having a car and driving around listening to music. Although I do get to listen to music while using public transport and walking...that should make up for it, but it's not really the same. Ah, to be young again.

God I miss having a car and driving around listening to music. Although I do get to listen to music while using public transport and walking...that should make up for it, but it's not really the same. Ah, to be young again.

I hear you there. Up until a few months ago, my commute was no less than 30-40 minutes each way. The majority of my music listening happened during that time, and it's weird not having that anymore. There is something about the physiology of driving that keeps the "busy body" part of your brain occupied, and the rest opened up for optimal absorption of music.

So why does getting older mean you have no car?

saw orbital in boston in 97 and london 99. two killer shows. they were incredible live and still on e of my fav electronic acts ever. haven't listened to them in a while. must pull some out i suppose.

I hear you there. Up until a few months ago, my commute was no less than 30-40 minutes each way. The majority of my music listening happened during that time, and it's weird not having that anymore. There is something about the physiology of driving that keeps the "busy body" part of your brain occupied, and the rest opened up for optimal absorption of music.

So why does getting older mean you have no car?

Oh being older doesn't mean not having a car, it's just at the end of reminiscing about having a car and typing that out, I was reminded of being young, cruising around and listening to music, without all the responsibilities of adulthood.

I wanted to see Orbital last week but tickets were $37 :sad:

Only $37?!! :fail:

That's a lot of money for a show for us poor folk.

Guest Sir Winston

In Sides seriously changed my life when I was 11 or 12, closest I have come to what people would call a religious experience.

Also much love for Middle Of Nowhere, just reminds me of summer and high school and much fun. Looks like Brown album will be on my phone for my holidays now, thanks for the reminder.

lifeforms!

i need to catch up with all their post dead cities work

don't bother unless it is their archives and environments all their hippy dippy post dead cities stuff is shite

cause it's hard to smoke weed on the bus lol

I know what you mean though, although i don't miss having a car very much. No gas money, no insurance payments, no worrying about being the designated driver...

Also

Brown>In Sides=Green=Middle of Nowhere>Snivilisation> the rest

Archived