IGNORED

next Iphone 4 leak real!

o00o

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care so much for it as I always buy a case since my ipod broke after dropping it accidentally the 3rd time. Its also has a higher resale value when protected by a case from scratches

I don't care so much for it as I always buy a case since my ipod broke after dropping it accidentally the 3rd time. Its also has a higher resale value when protected by a case from scratches

ive kept mine naked for a year and that's what i was planning for this one too. i don't like any of the cases, plus i love the look of the phone. i wasn't planning on getting one until the end of july anyway. hopefully this is just hoopla surrounding the release and it wont be a problem. if it is, they should be giving those damn $30 bumpers away or having a recall.

Guest blicero

RECALL

a) i'm not spending more money on a case for something that should've worked properly to begin with.

b) i'm not putting such a nice looking device in an ugly rubber shell. that's like putting a vinyl bra on a ferrari.

RECALL

a) i'm not spending more money on a case for something that should've worked properly to begin with.

b) i'm not putting such a nice looking device in an ugly rubber shell. that's like putting a vinyl bra on a ferrari.

im with you but i can't, in a million years, imagine apple doing a recall.

Guest blicero

So, I just played with my friends iPhone and was unable to witness any decrease in reception as a result of normal handling. Holding it in the left hand did not cause it to lose service, or even lose bars.

I will get mine in a week, and i will be very pleased if I do not have any issues, but if I don't have any issues, i will be pretty fucking pissed off at this alarmist BS, if it's just to get people to come to their blogs.

Guest blicero

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/06/iphone-4-holding-it-wrong/

Despite numerous reports from Wired.com readers, we have been trying to replicate the problem without success. According to Wired.com writer Brian X. Chen, if he grips the iPhone 4 firmly in his left hand while downloading a web page, one or two bars disappear from the signal strength indicator. I haven’t been able to reproduce the problem at all.

Segan was able to reproduce the problem using what he calls a “death grip,” holding it “in a slightly sweaty left hand, with my fingers covering the three black lines on the phone’s edge and the bottom left corner in my palm.” In that grip, he guesses, signal strength drops by about 3 to 5 dBm.

Solution: Don’t hold your phone in a death grip, especially if you’re left-handed and inclined to have sweaty palms.

there are theories that gizmodo was behind this to give them bad publicity for what apple did to them. although i dont know how they think they were right for buying and publishing secret and stolen property.

also it seems the problems are more severe in certain areas. funny thing is, now that we are all aware there are reception issues with these phones, maybe att shouldnt have been the total enemy for 3 years now... i guess we'll see how it does on t-moble and then verizon.

hello? this is just a good way to squeeze even more money out of people, when they bring out a revised version and claim they listen to their customers and that its progress, haha - planned

this manufactured "shortage" of iPhone 4s is fucking pissing me off. I have a 3G iPhone and my contract has now ended - I'm due an upgrade to the iPhone 4 and have spent the last few days traipsing around various o2 shops in London that supposedly have stock, only to be greeted by a queue of people all moronically staring at the sign that says they haven't got any. yet still they queue. anyway, I haven't got time to piss about visiting o2 shops and standing in queues! I'm due an upgrade anyway - send me my fucking phone already you fuckwads!

this manufactured "shortage" of iPhone 4s is fucking pissing me off. I have a 3G iPhone and my contract has now ended - I'm due an upgrade to the iPhone 4 and have spent the last few days traipsing around various o2 shops in London that supposedly have stock, only to be greeted by a queue of people all moronically staring at the sign that says they haven't got any. yet still they queue. anyway, I haven't got time to piss about visiting o2 shops and standing in queues! I'm due an upgrade anyway - send me my fucking phone already you fuckwads!

did you preorder? consider yourself lucky though, apparently there are tons of issues with this first round. the iphone 5 will be great. the 3g was meh and the 3gs was dialed down and made fater and better. same will be for this version to the next.

also it looks like verizon will get this in 2011 too.

I was unable to pre-order unfortunately - in the UK it's strictly first come, first served. oh well, will just have to wait a few weeks I guess...

I was unable to pre-order unfortunately - in the UK it's strictly first come, first served. oh well, will just have to wait a few weeks I guess...

its not that bad so as most of the apps are not updated to the new screen resolution yet

its not that bad so as most of the apps are not updated to the new screen resolution yet

speaking of that screen, i stopped in the apple store yesterday, and holy hell, its gorgeous. the physical design of the phone is impeccable. its thinner yet feels much more solid and high end. the resolution is just insane.

you just have to know how to hold it. :facepalm:

speaking of that screen, i stopped in the apple store yesterday, and holy hell, its gorgeous. the physical design of the phone is impeccable. its thinner yet feels much more solid and high end. the resolution is just insane.

you just have to know how to hold it. :facepalm:

that's what she said.

Guest Alex C

Has anyone replaced the screen or battery on their 3g? Mines out of warranty and all of a sudden in the lower corner of the screen there's a big grey blob. Touch screen works fine though

my contracts up in November and Im on a staff discount for £35 odd but don't use anywhere near the allowance so just carry out those repairs and go to a simplicity plan for £15 odd. Boom

Guest pulsewarrior

i had my doubts about getting one of these anytime soon....didn't want to wait in any ridiculous lines. placed an order with at&t on the 24th and received it today in the mail. free fedex overnight shipping too...not bad. i wasn't eligible for the full incentive pricing ($199 / 16GB), rather $399 since I still have 1.5 years left on my 2 year contract. I sold my used refurb 3GS for $300 in a matter of minutes on craigslist....seems the secondhand market for these is still pretty hot. So basically $99 + tax. Not bad..... So if you're in the US, I highly recommend just phone-ordering one through ATT....

reading quite a lot of bad reviews on the iPhone 4 and there are rumours of an imminent recall - should I hang in to my trusty 3G for a bit longer? it's pretty hardcore - dropped it in the toilet (ages ago) and it still works! don't think the iPhone 4 would be this tough from what I'm hearing - seems really delicate and easy to break by dropping (I drop this 3G all the time, seems to like it).

i liked the rounded back and softer edges of the older one. Am i the only one? I guess most people put them in those rubber protector things

Archived