IGNORED

this lead me to this lead me to this lead me to this

jeremymacgregor87

it's funny how many people here were korn fans back in the day. i was the same, i loved that shit. it went something like this

Korn-Korn-Frontal.jpg

->

album-pork-soda.jpg

thanks to the random discoveries of a close friend, this one joined the mix:

theorb-adventuresbeyondtheultraworl.jpg

and these all culminated in my love of this (i wonder just how many people got into electronic music via come to daddy):

album-come-to-daddy-ep.jpg

then this became the all-time favorite it still is:

autechreconfieldcover8cn.jpg

and now i'm hooked on this shit:

Company_Flow_-_Funcrusher_Plus.jpg

Antipop_Consortium-Fluorescent_Black_b.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

múm listened to alot of erik satie, doors and cream while i was incubating > classical > talking heads > b52's > donovan > beatles > michael jackson > prince > madonna > duran duran > david bowie > david sylvian > depeche mode > einstürzende neubauten > skinny puppy > front 242 > meat beat manifesto > the orb > beastie boys > paris > public enemy > eric b. & rakim > epmd > beck > coil > fsol > richard d. james album > ep7 > utter and complete obsession > overwhelmed with choices > present day

Guest enxyme

Twisted Sister➔Quiet Riot➔Ratt➔Aerosmith➔Beastie Boys➔Run DMC➔Cinderella➔Zepplin➔Dj Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince➔Kool Moe Dee➔NWA➔Metallica➔Godflesh➔Bolt Thrower➔Front 242➔Psychic TV➔Bad Brains➔Sugarsmack➔The Orb➔Begin Electronic Era...

Interesting how pretty much all of us have metal in our background before the idms. Eeeeenteresting.

Well here's mine, starting sometime in middle school:

AFI%20all%20hallows.jpg

^Yeah.. middle school..

169.jpg

^Along with this one comes other metal such as Between the Buried and Me, and some shitty metalcore my friends listened to

00017f8e.jpg

^I know every second of this album front to back. Still fucking love it.

AmonTobinSplinterCell.jpg

^First major electronic music influence and obsession. Can't understate the importance of this release

genghis_tron-board_up_the_house.jpg

^Made me realize what I love about a bunch of different genres.. refined my tastes, and there was about a year where I listened to this album nonstop

21176.jpg

^Don't remember a specific Autechre release that clicked first, it was all a whilwind of awesome.. but I remember being obsessed with Second Bad Vilbel

169496.jpg

^Holy hell, Tundra 4 took me on a journey like I'd never been, quite enlightening really. The rest of Pusher's discog followed

aphex-twin-85-92-1.jpg

^Yeah, Aphex was the last of the 'Big 3' to really click with me. But holy shit did he do so.

jema_cover.jpg

^Represents broadening tastes, appreciation of ambient and minimal music, and its an incredible album that more people should know about.

Guest Masonic Boom

I find it interesting, the number of people who came to electronic dance music through Jean Michel Jarre and Tangerine Dream. That is probably the fault of the Orb/FSOL but it's still a thread I love very very much. That kind of little thrill when you find Hengist Ridge in someone's record collection.

Interesting how pretty much all of us have metal in our background before the idms. Eeeeenteresting.

i've repressed it - but i used to listen to a bit of glam and metal

Guest Calx Sherbet

teen angst and hidden passion for electronic sorta developed into love for this album

what's up wit all the angst back in the day, watmm?

and yes, everything ends in IDM. it's kind of a scientific law by now

maetl

Guest tht tne

i can't remember if i responded to this thread yet but all i feel like saying is that richard d. james album [us] led me to hard normal daddy and i am thankful

Archived