IGNORED

free portal

o00o

Mac!

It works fine but it tends to tell me it quit unexpectedly when it hasn't, and a few jerky in-game errors that didn't matter much

yeah there are issues with the Macintosh version at the moment, give it a few days and they'll be on top of it - never takes Valve long to fix bugs.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest iamabe

what about that diablo clone is it any good?

gametrailers says yes

just bought Bob Came in Pieces petty nice but I expected more

Torchlight is good. It's a really stripped down diablo (from the devs of diablo) but there are lots of items, nice skills, etc. You have a pet who does shit for you and summoning classes are awesome... you can basically summon small armies of skeletons, golems, zombies, etc. and let them work for you.

torchlight_classes_preview.jpg

Ctrl + Click

lol defensive mac users

It's just funny how persistent the one button mac mouse idea is, even though it's not really applicable any more (all the new apple input device stuff essentially has a right click button or a right click gesture; I've never actually had to ctrl click; and nobody really uses the bundled mice anyway, right?).

Hell, I didn't go near apple for a long time because of associations with the one button oldskool imac pucks I had to use in the odd computer lab. I feel like smashing my head through my monitor just thinking about it.

edit: related note, is my Logitech MX Revolution going to be ok for FPS stuff like HL2? Or is the wireless unusably laggy? It seems ok for Portal and the casual games I have so far, but. . . yeah, obviously I'm not much of a gamer. I can dust off an old wired intellimouse, but would that just be a step in the wrong direction anyway?

Also, the Indie 5 pack seems pretty fun, but both world of goo and machinarium don't run fullscreen (instead there's a bit of a letterboxing/windowing with black border effect). Is that standard behavior? I didn't see anything on the dedicated steam forums.

The other 3 indie games run fullscreen without a hitch.

edit: related note, is my Logitech MX Revolution going to be ok for FPS stuff like HL2? Or is the wireless unusably laggy? It seems ok for Portal and the casual games I have so far, but. . . yeah, obviously I'm not much of a gamer. I can dust off an old wired intellimouse, but would that just be a step in the wrong direction anyway?

i had an MX Revolution and had it 5 mins before i had to contact Logitech and get them to pickup and refund (i ordered direct from them) - i had major problems with this mouse for gaming, extremely laggy.

i'm now rocking on a Logitech G9x and it's simply awesome. it's wired btw.

in my opinion the intellimouse would have better response time than the MX Revolution, but that's just me.

i had an MX Revolution and had it 5 mins before i had to contact Logitech and get them to pickup and refund (i ordered direct from them) - i had major problems with this mouse for gaming, extremely laggy.

in my opinion the intellimouse would have better response time than the MX Revolution, but that's just me.

mx700.jpg

have one of these and love it. it's almost too sensitive.

Guest iamabe

Also, the Indie 5 pack seems pretty fun, but both world of goo and machinarium don't run fullscreen (instead there's a bit of a letterboxing/windowing with black border effect). Is that standard behavior? I didn't see anything on the dedicated steam forums.

The other 3 indie games run fullscreen without a hitch.

you're right that they are letterbox, but that's just by design. Machinarium has epic wide 2:1 aspect painted worlds for example. Plus the letterbox black bars contain hidden UI elements like the menu and your inventory :) I don't mind it.

You've got to try out "And Yet It Moves"... this 2d indie puzzle game trend has got to continue (braid!).

mx700.jpg

have one of these and love it. it's almost too sensitive.

yeah my brother has one of those - it's pretty good, and has a decent DPI setting. 3000dpi if i believe?

i think mine can do 5700dpi, although i never have it set that high.

was too late to catch the edit timeout :(

here's my setup

20100514_003.jpg

i have a zBoard sitting around too, but i don't use that very much anymore due to lack of desk space

That looks like a fucking deceptacon/cobra command footsoldier hybridgasm!

If world of goo and machinarium are intentionally letterboxed, that's cool. I basically just opened all of the games up to make sure everything worked after downloading last night, and didn't really explore at all. . . except for And Yet it Moves, which got me immediately addicted and playing well after midnight despite an anticipated 5am wake up.

i never played portal before downloading it day before yesterday, though i was always interested with the gameplay videos i'd seen—normally my video gaming is limited as i don't enjoy nerding it up in that manner.

in any case, i really like the game, but the retarded computer mouse photos on the previous page make me want to avoid this thread from here on out.

i never played portal before downloading it day before yesterday, though i was always interested with the gameplay videos i'd seen—normally my video gaming is limited as i don't enjoy nerding it up in that manner.

in any case, i really like the game, but the retarded computer mouse photos on the previous page make me want to avoid this thread from here on out.

lol mac user

Guest Coalbucket PI

Although I liked how fast they fixed the mac bugs I completed the game twice in the period between hearing about it and the bug getting fixed, so it was basically too late, or the game is too short

in other news, oscillik judges mac user

mad_catz_cyborg_7_gaming_mouse_news.jpg

awesome new mouse called the cyborg R.A.T. comes out soon.

Isn't this MadCatz though? They do cheap knock-off console controllers. I have my old-ass Razer Diamondback and still love that thing.

Razer_Diamondback_Plasma_Limited_Edition_Precision_Gaming_Mouse.jpg

wow so I go to download portal today, and I had to re-download steam, as I havent used it since 2007 or something, and I somehow remember my steam account login AND password. You can imagine my pleasant surprise when I see that I can d/l HL2 and the episodes for free, as I apparently bought them. I mean, I bought HL2 in 2006 or so, but never the episodes. It also shows me as having logged in game hours for these games, and I haven't, and I have 1/2 the achievements in portal, even though i havent ran it yet. I'm confused....

Archived