IGNORED

Why is the United States so fucking Fat.

Boxing Day

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest uptown devil

oh my goodness carlsberg is fucking atrocious

you want the Export, pal... THAT is probably the best lager in the World. seeeeeerious :)

no sense polishing a turd my friend

Guest Lube Saibot

oh my goodness carlsberg is fucking atrocious

you want the Export, pal... THAT is probably the best lager in the World. seeeeeerious :)

I don't like the Carlsberg we have here (which isn't imported), but it's definitely better than the Tuborg we have here (which also isn't the import).

Especially to go with wiener schnitzel

Did you say "wiener schnitzel" ? sorry but that makes me larf lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vienna

Guest sirch

You really have to experience some weeks or even months in europe to understand why they call it the "old continent" and why is it such a good place to live a healthy life, not just because of the food or culture, but everything.

I agree with this. Europe is the best. it's the absolute truth. :)

not portugese mediterranean though :whistling:

In it's own way.

its

lol

this is the closest we have to USA food

Francesinha_(Porto).jpg

they're called Francesinhas, wich means Frenchies lol

that shit is fucking disgusting. you should be fucking ashamed of yourself! lol

looks like someone already ate it once.

It's quite uncharacteristic of Portugal when I think about them as a world actor post 19th century. Yada, yada, yada you conquered most parts of the Latin world and India but now what?

Post 19th century? that's being a bit generous don't you think?

Sure they had Goa until 1961, but otherwise in Asia were pretty much a non-player post 1600s.

Don't know enough about the Latin American history, but outside of Brazil, did they really have that big an impact?

Guest taxman

man i fucking wish my work gave me breakfast any day

my work gives me breakfast and lunch almost every day. i hardly ever buy food at all.

Guest sirch

Ever get the idea that Riangelo or what-his-fuck is the Minister Of Culture and Tourism for Portugal and somehow got crossed-linked with WATMM via Gooogle and decided to tangle ass with the world? It's quite uncharacteristic of Portugal when I think about them as a world actor post 19th century. Yada, yada, yada you conquered most parts of the Latin world and India but now what?

But, it's actually perfect that he has responses like this because he's the perfect example of what one of my professors called "being born on homeplate but thinking you've struck a triple".

As I see it, he sits on a nation not fat of body but fat of abundance (perhaps mind as well: 48% functional illiteracy in Portugal vs. 14% in America, wha' happened, conquistadores?). His education was subsidized and his health care has been subsidized. 100%. Those are the two biggest reasons I ever ate fast food in the first place--educating myself and insuring myself; it was never about agricultural subsidies or lack of access to healthy food. I took between 14-17 hours a semester and had to work at least 25 hours a week in order to be eligible for benefits. But one might say, "oh, xxx, you were just 19-20, no one needs health care at that age" well that may be but all I know is that I just got my bill (yes, it's your bill, if you're not literally bleeding out on the floor or unconscious, you must sign a paper that has I release this hospital of all financial liability in regards to my care buried in its 8 pages of admission paperwork) from a recent 72 hour hospital stay when a drug, intended to cure, rose to toxic levels in my body and nearly killed me.

$29,632 total charges, that's $411.55 an hour friends! Now, because my household pays through the nose (more than a 1/3 of take-home pay) in insurance premiums, I only had to pay $150 so lucky! If that had happened when I was 19 and I hadn't insured myself, the hospital billing service would have unloaded the entire balance to my social security number and thus my credit report and then I'm supposed to be able to borrow the $15,000-16,000 a year that wasn't covered by academic scholarships? And then keep a car filled with gasoline, a roof over my head with running water, books to go to school ($300-600 a semester), etc.? On a $7.85 /hr part-time job? Yeah, they'll lend it to you but then you graduate with a balance that you'll never hope to pay down in less than 30 years unless some Providence gets thrown your way.

So, yeah, when 41 hours of a 7 day week were strictly absorbed by classroom time and shifts clocked in--never mind a decent night's sleep or commute times or hahaha, study times or even hahahahahha "free time"???? for the leisurely thoughts a youth is supposed to pursue in undergrad--I ate some fast food for the convenience and certainly took on weight that I didn't want and still work to get off in age. But I can promise you that it would have been only a fraction of the gain if it weren't aggravated by not sleeping, shitting my pants over classes and exams, and sucking dick (figuratively) at work to get by.

I didn't have 3 hours to do a paella or some slow pulled pork business that took all afternoon. I could have shopped at the grocery and bought all fresh foods to have them rot waiting on me to prepare them in time. Or, I could have built them into a soup or other "long food" that I could eat on for weeks but, fuck me, it felt like prison enough already--can't I have a Thickburger now and again for a fraction of a grocery bill and get 10 minutes of beef heaven and it actually helping me get to sleep and relieve anxiety (hahaha, bad sign!).

If I could go back, I would choose that bland but healthy option knowing what I know now but that's the problem with growing up in a strict capitalist democracy--it depends on suffering fools with a price tag on every fuck-up you can conceivably make--there is no benevolent Estado quietly socking back money from its citizens for their education and healthcare. Any country that has nearly a 50% functional illiteracy rate but whose citizens are mostly comfortable and not looking for alms on the street corners has it fucked up, we would call that a nation of "U.S. federal government employees"--call America "fat" and "stupid" all you want hahaha. It's not like we've got it figured out but the vaccinated lapdog cannot talk health problems to the rabid stray.

That's what I loved about my international friends in college, including one of your conquered subjects from Brazil--they never spouted hubris like that because they were committed to a higher standard for all humans outside of any bounds drawn by the old world full stop not just bound by "Grand Old Portugal" or "Old Glory" having it right because young person should ever think that unless they're thick as fuck. There should be a commiseration where we point out the good and bad talk about how it could even be better. But, I paid really good money and worked very hard to become "fat and literate" and to borrow from my man Robert Ebert, I can always lose weight but thick Nationalism and cultural elitism always appear terminal, unfortunately--wherever it hails from.

Wow, did you seriously write all this out? or am i imagining things!? jeeeeeeeeze, sorry, but LOL

What's with all the defensive Americans?

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper

Ever get the idea that Riangelo or what-his-fuck is the Minister Of Culture and Tourism for Portugal and somehow got crossed-linked with WATMM via Gooogle and decided to tangle ass with the world? It's quite uncharacteristic of Portugal when I think about them as a world actor post 19th century. Yada, yada, yada you conquered most parts of the Latin world and India but now what?

But, it's actually perfect that he has responses like this because he's the perfect example of what one of my professors called "being born on homeplate but thinking you've struck a triple".

As I see it, he sits on a nation not fat of body but fat of abundance (perhaps mind as well: 48% functional illiteracy in Portugal vs. 14% in America, wha' happened, conquistadores?). His education was subsidized and his health care has been subsidized. 100%. Those are the two biggest reasons I ever ate fast food in the first place--educating myself and insuring myself; it was never about agricultural subsidies or lack of access to healthy food. I took between 14-17 hours a semester and had to work at least 25 hours a week in order to be eligible for benefits. But one might say, "oh, xxx, you were just 19-20, no one needs health care at that age" well that may be but all I know is that I just got my bill (yes, it's your bill, if you're not literally bleeding out on the floor or unconscious, you must sign a paper that has I release this hospital of all financial liability in regards to my care buried in its 8 pages of admission paperwork) from a recent 72 hour hospital stay when a drug, intended to cure, rose to toxic levels in my body and nearly killed me.

$29,632 total charges, that's $411.55 an hour friends! Now, because my household pays through the nose (more than a 1/3 of take-home pay) in insurance premiums, I only had to pay $150 so lucky! If that had happened when I was 19 and I hadn't insured myself, the hospital billing service would have unloaded the entire balance to my social security number and thus my credit report and then I'm supposed to be able to borrow the $15,000-16,000 a year that wasn't covered by academic scholarships? And then keep a car filled with gasoline, a roof over my head with running water, books to go to school ($300-600 a semester), etc.? On a $7.85 /hr part-time job? Yeah, they'll lend it to you but then you graduate with a balance that you'll never hope to pay down in less than 30 years unless some Providence gets thrown your way.

So, yeah, when 41 hours of a 7 day week were strictly absorbed by classroom time and shifts clocked in--never mind a decent night's sleep or commute times or hahaha, study times or even hahahahahha "free time"???? for the leisurely thoughts a youth is supposed to pursue in undergrad--I ate some fast food for the convenience and certainly took on weight that I didn't want and still work to get off in age. But I can promise you that it would have been only a fraction of the gain if it weren't aggravated by not sleeping, shitting my pants over classes and exams, and sucking dick (figuratively) at work to get by.

I didn't have 3 hours to do a paella or some slow pulled pork business that took all afternoon. I could have shopped at the grocery and bought all fresh foods to have them rot waiting on me to prepare them in time. Or, I could have built them into a soup or other "long food" that I could eat on for weeks but, fuck me, it felt like prison enough already--can't I have a Thickburger now and again for a fraction of a grocery bill and get 10 minutes of beef heaven and it actually helping me get to sleep and relieve anxiety (hahaha, bad sign!).

If I could go back, I would choose that bland but healthy option knowing what I know now but that's the problem with growing up in a strict capitalist democracy--it depends on suffering fools with a price tag on every fuck-up you can conceivably make--there is no benevolent Estado quietly socking back money from its citizens for their education and healthcare. Any country that has nearly a 50% functional illiteracy rate but whose citizens are mostly comfortable and not looking for alms on the street corners has it fucked up, we would call that a nation of "U.S. federal government employees"--call America "fat" and "stupid" all you want hahaha. It's not like we've got it figured out but the vaccinated lapdog cannot talk health problems to the rabid stray.

That's what I loved about my international friends in college, including one of your conquered subjects from Brazil--they never spouted hubris like that because they were committed to a higher standard for all humans outside of any bounds drawn by the old world full stop not just bound by "Grand Old Portugal" or "Old Glory" having it right because young person should ever think that unless they're thick as fuck. There should be a commiseration where we point out the good and bad talk about how it could even be better. But, I paid really good money and worked very hard to become "fat and literate" and to borrow from my man Robert Ebert, I can always lose weight but thick Nationalism and cultural elitism always appear terminal, unfortunately--wherever it hails from.

Wow, did you seriously write all this out? or am i imagining things!? jeeeeeeeeze, sorry, but LOL

What's with all the defensive Americans?

undergrad--I ate... WOW! zap analysis man!

watmm much? he craps shit like that out for breakfast, son

It's funny because I never really noticed it before. I went to stay with a fellow watmmer for a handful of days and it wasn't until the end of the trip that I noticed how disproportionately non-fat you English people are. On the train to the airport there was this huge man with a big scraggly beard and glasses and he was standing and clutching onto one of the poles. This guy was literally panting from struggling to keep his own weight up. Ella said "You see that guy there? I wonder what country HE's from.."

good lol's ensued.

ronswanson.jpg

“The whole point of this country is if you want to eat garbage, balloon up to 600 pounds and die of a heart attack at 43, you can! You are free to do so. To me, that’s beautiful.” -Ron Swanson

Guest abusivegeorge

It's funny because I never really noticed it before. I went to stay with a fellow watmmer for a handful of days and it wasn't until the end of the trip that I noticed how disproportionately non-fat you English people are. On the train to the airport there was this huge man with a big scraggly beard and glasses and he was standing and clutching onto one of the poles. This guy was literally panting from struggling to keep his own weight up. Ella said "You see that guy there? I wonder what country HE's from.."

good lol's ensued.

Fucking LOL

I can picture the entire scene.

Thanks Dan.

Guest sirch

The United States of Fat is just fat because that's the way the good Lord Jesus Christ himself intended it to be.

oh, dear sweet white long haired goateed, almost Swiss lookin Jesus.. why'd you make us so fat, Lord?

Guest EDGEY

The United States of Fat is just fat because that's the way the good Lord Jesus Christ himself intended it to be.

oh, dear sweet white long haired goateed, almost Swiss lookin Jesus.. why'd you make us so fat, Lord?

...since god loves america (and noone else), and god made us in his image. god is fat. quote THAT motherfuckers.

Guest sirch

...since god loves america (and noone else), and god made us in his image. god is fat. quote THAT motherfuckers.

LOL, at least you have a sense of humour, fatties!! :)

Archived