IGNORED

The Official 2010 World Cup Thread

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rambo

Pretty much, and to be honest, this is a giant slice of heavenly schadenfreude and I'm going to soak up every calorie. Fuck every one of you English cunts who talked shit about the U.S., particularly chenGOD, das wunder twat!

You have been worse than anyone so you've got nothing to get ndignant about have you?

Guest Mirezzi

Anybody watching McManaman and Klinsmann?

LOL, pure class. Klinsmann looks like a happy little boy and McManaman looks like he's holding back an urge to glass him with a pint from under the pundit desk.

Guest Mirezzi

Pretty much, and to be honest, this is a giant slice of heavenly schadenfreude and I'm going to soak up every calorie. Fuck every one of you English cunts who talked shit about the U.S., particularly chenGOD, das wunder twat!

You have been worse than anyone so you've got nothing to get ndignant about have you?

You are feeling rage now. I understand. Come to my bosom. Take it out on me because I'm stocking up on salty English tears.

Guest Rambo

You are feeling rage now. I understand. Come to my bosom. Take it out on me because I'm stocking up on salty English tears.

Im okay thanks babe.

The thing that pisses me off is video replays but i always go on about that anyway as my friends will testify.

Guest Mirezzi

Okay, back to the state of affairs in England.

Major overhaul in order. No more fancy foreign cunts for managers. It's been a disaster. Sure, McLaren was even worse (lol), but if England are to ever threaten, they need a homegrown manager and they need to find some pride in being English. Look at Germany as the best example. Klose and Podolsky can't find the side of a barn for club, but they go to South Africa and it's Deutschland über alles while they're stomping shit. Efficient, cold-blooded, and PROUD.

The English played with no heart, no ideas, and no PRIDE. The Americans are shittier than England, to a man, no question. Yet they played with enough heart and pride to be decent.

A friend wrote the following and I think it's dead-on:

I don't think it's a problem with management of players and tactics as much as it is a problem with men who won't be managed. Look at John Terry, can't be trusted around his team mate's women, trying to undermine the manager because he didn't like being stripped of the captaincy, can't handle being told no, or that he's wrong. Because nobody at Chelsea ever has, nobody he knows ever has. How do you 'manage' a player like that? How can you build a team out of people like him? Barry as well, a player who was happy to sow discontent just to get more money at a bigger club. Ashley Cole, again, more than happy to sell his team out for a few thousand more playing down the road.

There are some good players in England of good character, but not enough to build a team that can compete for the world cup.

Guest Dirty Protest

haha, England - a man for man better team?

I am glad that the Germans are mopping the floor with England as there should be no question who the better team was, disallowed goal or not.

They are. Your judging players on the last 4 games. Yould be hard pressed to hold that argument in 6 months time or 6 months previous.

Capellos having a serious delusional episode, his end of match interview was like a casting for Death of a Salesman.

Guest Mirezzi

The thing that pisses me off is video replays but i always go on about that anyway as my friends will testify.

Klinsmann is going off on it now. He has lived in America for many years and he's talking about NHL hockey, who've had a camera in goals for this exact purpose for more than a decade now. When a puck crosses the line, the siren goes off, everybody's happy, nobody questions it, because it's basically perfect.

Darth Blatter doesn't want it, because he likes to fix matches when it suits him. It's really that simple.

Guest Mirezzi

haha, England - a man for man better team?

I am glad that the Germans are mopping the floor with England as there should be no question who the better team was, disallowed goal or not.

They are. Your judging players on the last 4 games. Yould be hard pressed to hold that argument in 6 months time or 6 months previous.

Capellos having a serious delusional episode, his end of match interview was like a casting for Death of a Salesman.

See, that's not the point. Nobody cares what Rooney does when he goes back to Old Trafford. ManU fans might, but it won't make his horrid form for England taste any better.

Guest Mirezzi

Aye, and George Best was shite.

Wait, what? Are you comparing Northern Ireland's inability to kick ass to England's? What does the one have to do with the other?

Are you just finding consolation that Lampard has an excellent strike rate for Chelsea? What? :whistling:

Well, I'm not a hardcore football fan but here's how I saw it:

•  
  • Our defense was fucking pathetic.
  • Rooney has been nonexistant all tournament.
  • Gerrard wants to be the big man, and wastes every opportunity by firing it himself (with hilarious results).
  • Bringing on Heskey was brilliantly stupid.
  • Not as stupid as Wright Phillips in the last few minutes though.
  • It should have been 4-2 but that's irrelevant because Germany tore us apart.
  • Klose and Ozil were excellent.

Mirezzi knows the score.

Guest Mirezzi

I will say one thing about the disallowed goal that isn't an excuse for England, but rather a further condemnation of FIFA.

This game changes entirely if it's 2-2 at half. Yes, Germany outscored England 2-0 in the second half, but imagine how Germany comes out if they've given up their 2 goal lead. They won't be soaking up pressure and they won't be able to counter England to go up 3-1.

So, yes, England were miserable in the second half, but these FIFA officiating travesties cannot be underestimated.

-----As an aside-----

I want to know what Rooney looks like if he's playing for Spain or Argentina. Seriously. That might sound retarded, but even WITH his injury and apparently very poor fitness, I wonder what he does if he's on a team that gives a fuck to win and has decent service from the wings and midfield. I still think he's clearly England's best player, but what can you do when you're surrounded by bags of shit?

I will say one thing about the disallowed goal that isn't an excuse for England, but rather a further condemnation of FIFA.

This game changes entirely if it's 2-2 at half. Yes, Germany outscored England 2-0 in the second half, but imagine how Germany comes out if they've given up their 2 goal lead. They won't be soaking up pressure and they won't be able to counter England to go up 3-1.

So, yes, England were miserable in the second half, but these FIFA officiating travesties cannot be underestimated.

I agree. If England were to come back out knowing it was 2-2 it probably would have been an entirely different game. Probably still not an England win, but most likely less shambolic.

Guest Ominous

I don't know about you guys, but i saw horrible goalkeeping mistakes in that game! At least Neuer redeemed himself with an assist (lol) and a couple of good saves.

Guest Mirezzi

I don't know about you guys, but i saw horrible goalkeeping mistakes in that game! At least Neuer redeemed himself with an assist (lol) and a couple of good saves.

I think David James can't be blamed for any of those goals. Anybody see it differently?

Neuer, however, was a bit Seamanesque on the goal from Upson.

Who you hating now azatoth, now England and the USA are out?

next up on the hate list is portugal and their diving team. then i am pretty happy. unless some team blatantly deserves hate, i will give them that.

I haven't read the last few pages so the point I'm about to make may have already been raised.

Yes, you are probably right about how throwing away a 2 goal lead would play on the mind. However, leaving aside the fact that Germany outplayed England in every way, England were more than happy in that most infamous of years, 1966, to take the benefit of a goal that should've been disallowed due to not crossing the line, and in turn winning the title.

Who you hating now azatoth, now England and the USA are out?

next up on the hate list is portugal and their diving team. then i am pretty happy. unless some team blatantly deserves hate, i will give them that.

lol!

Archived