IGNORED

triple entendres

Fred McGriff

you guys know of any triple entendres? there's this strip clup in austin next to the airport called the Landing Strip. what a great name. it's got the play on the airport, the play on the pubic hair style, and the play on the action of stripping. i'm guessing that's probably the only triple entendre in existence, but i figured i'd check with you guys just in case there might be another one out there.

I call my dick Richard, which is long for Dick, cause it's long and it's a dick, and in German dick means fat and my dick is dick.

Did you keep count?

Guest iamabe

from weekee:

A triple entendre is a rare variation of a double entendre where a phrase can be understood in any of three ways. An example of this would be the cover of the 1981 Rush album Moving Pictures. The title could be read to mean transporting or relocating wall paintings or photographs by a moving crew, pictures that invoke emotional (moving) reactions, or a literal "moving picture" (i.e. a film or movie). In fact the original back cover of the LP showed a film crew shooting a crowd being moved by movers moving moving pictures.

Although the first use of this phrase is impossible to find, many hip hop artists have used the triple entendre "real eyes realize real lies"

yay

Guest iamabe

You are such a journalist/wordsmith. You purposely threw down the gauntlet knowing no one could pick it up. Maybe a valley hotel called the Dew Drop Inn because it's in a location prone to fog and dew formation and it's a hotel but they are imploring you to "do drop in" oh, fuck you!

Dew Drop in! That's amazing! still seems like a dubble though

wow this thread has produced some delightfully surprising discussion already

xxx though i dont quite follow your posturing, dew drop inn is great. tori amos championed that a while ago, i should have thought of that. like if it was in a rainforest or something.

I call my dick Richard, which is long for Dick, cause it's long and it's a dick, and in German dick means fat and my dick is dick.

Did you keep count?

this is some good stuff too

kakapo - A friendly and intelligent but ultimately evolutionary fuck up of a fat, flightless parrot.

kaka - shit in several languages.

kapo - A prisoner in a concentration camp who works alongside the prison guards.

Guest Babar

not really a triple entendre but when i write "mourrir" (to die) on my iphone, it autocorrects to "pourrir" (to rot). Lol i guess this is typically the kind of surprise you're happy to find when you have to write sms or emails about the death of a relative.

How about an enclosed rooftop dyke bar (club) for female seal hunters with osteoporosis called the Glass Sealing?

(:trashbear:)

not really a triple entendre but when i write "mourrir" (to die) on my iphone, it autocorrects to "pourrir" (to rot). Lol i guess this is typically the kind of surprise you're happy to find when you have to write sms or emails about the death of a relative.

That's called irony.

That's called irony.

Not really.

I know a guy who'se nephew is called Sander (dutch name) and his last name De Cock (common dutch lastname)

An English hotel once refused him a room, thinking he was using a false name, were Sander meant this: PalmSander_7261.jpg

and De Cock meant The Dysphemism For The Male Penis

it's a triple entrede because you can interpret De Cock as The Rooster

Guest analogue wings

you guys know of any triple entendres? there's this strip clup in austin next to the airport called the Landing Strip. what a great name. it's got the play on the airport, the play on the pubic hair style, and the play on the action of stripping. i'm guessing that's probably the only triple entendre in existence, but i figured i'd check with you guys just in case there might be another one out there.

if the strippers actually stripped out on the landing you would be up to #4

and if the whole thing was in Gaza, well...

Guest tht tne

i like cowgirl by underworld because it's title is a triple entendre; i forgot to mention it in Fred's thread

cowgirl the sex position, a girl that is a cow (like a hindu goddess maybe), and a cowboy's companion

Archived