IGNORED

Venetian Snares - My So-Called Life

I didn't think poonani track was a fan-made thing but I thought it was some weird demo version of Husikam Rave Dojo because it seems like it's going to go into that

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mean so much no theme like no ATMOSPHERE or FEEL I get less of a feel like they're well-rounded ideas like you hear the equipment it was made with I dunno. Like as great as the greatest MIDI is you've still got THIS IS A MIDI on your mind

edit: canned venetian snares

edit: same feel I got with Chemical Brothers after Come With Us it's like they became their 'sound' like suddenly they were the people listening on the outside like you and me and not in touch with the sound they invented. But vsnares is acting more 'I'll make something that sounds like me and nobody will notice'

Guest tht tne

i'm kind of disappointed by this to be honest, not only am i irritated by the constant amen abuse but i am really over the snares being used as a xylophone.

the basslines and hoovers sound more like midlines.

i'm kinda convinced that aaron has rushed this album.

as much as i love aaron one thing that saskrotch said to me that always stuck was "you heard one snares song you pretty much heard em all" and it's just kinda true

i'd like to hear the dark elements one more time and have him just get fucking perverted with an album that was over produced

you mad

I don't mean so much no theme like no ATMOSPHERE or FEEL I get less of a feel like they're well-rounded ideas like you hear the equipment it was made with I dunno. Like as great as the greatest MIDI is you've still got THIS IS A MIDI on your mind

edit: canned venetian snares

edit: same feel I got with Chemical Brothers after Come With Us it's like they became their 'sound' like suddenly they were the people listening on the outside like you and me and not in touch with the sound they invented. But vsnares is acting more 'I'll make something that sounds like me and nobody will notice'

I can't say I blame you. I'd love to hear something by him that struck me as instantly and awesomely as Cavalcade of Glee and Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms.

The only breakcore-whatever I've heard that struck me so hard eventually was Filth.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I'd like to hear an album with an as yet unheard sound palette, but I'm sure I'll dig this one.

Welfare Wednesday was funnier when I thought it was a parody hate-track made by LUDD.

The Mike Paradinas Making Orange Things reference was top notch.

Im really liking the samples on the site. The last stuff he released i found it too boring but these new tracks sound great.

I'm probably the only person here who still enjoys a bit of shameless amen wankery. I'm genuinely pleased that this album seems full of it, I thought Filth was really boring, like a load of Last Step reject tracks.

Guest tht tne

i think this all sounds great, especially like aaron2 but hajnal2 is kind of wtf... glad there is no 303 in the samples

Guest nene multiple assgasms

Dammit Mike I thought pre-order meant that the charge would run in August upon release. My scholarships/financial aid will be in by then but I pre-ordered today out of excitement. Saw a Planet Mu charge on my already low account goddamnit Paradinas fml :facepalm:

mike paradinas in your punani!

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

judging from the samples, I think I won't enjoy this as much as detrimentalist. I'll give it a try anyway because of that PUNANI track.

This new stuff sounds like he's gone beyond depressed to just laughing maniacally at nothing. If you told me Shitmat did half this album, I wouldn't know the difference. That's a good thing for some people, I guess. For me, not so much.

Consider me a fanboy (I probably am), but I love Aaron Funk's cheese (Who Wants Cake?, Welfare Wednesday, Poser and Camera Phones, Sajtban, Koonut-Kaliffee). Hopefully this new sub-label is an indication of a new Last Step release sometime within a year too, I love those albums, they just hit the auditory center sometimes.

I was really hoping the track he did with Val doing vocals would be on this. That tune is a taste of his Dollx3 era/MOT.

"She lusts for the taste of hairy assholes!! She yerns to lay in a pool of vomit!!"

I probably prefer this to Detrimentalist and Filth. I think they are more moody than they are fun, I always try to enjoy them more than I actually do (last 3 tracks on Detrimentalist hit the spot for me though - i prefer his less obnoxious, more pure, abstract stuff). This reminds me more of The Chocolate Wheelchair Album in terms of being silly and not having an overall theme.

Hopefully this new sub-label is an indication of a new Last Step release sometime within a year too, I love those albums, they just hit the auditory center sometimes.

That would be awesome!

Hopefully this new sub-label is an indication of a new Last Step release sometime within a year too, I love those albums, they just hit the auditory center sometimes.

That would be awesome!

The new album asks "who wants cake?" We want more in the form of Last Step's cakey goodness.

1961 is a great album.

That would be awesome!

The new album asks "who wants cake?" We want more in the form of Last Step's cakey goodness.

1961 is a great album.

Indeed. I want cake.

I checked out a few very brief samples from the new VS earlier, wasn't quite in the mood I guess and it sounded very typical of him. I'll definitely check it out when it's released though, I'm a fan.

Archived