IGNORED

Venetian Snares - My So-Called Life

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AudioFail

he's standing in front of the tate gallery pretending he's from london

ah I see, however it's the line after that line, before "helen grocery", that I don't know yet.

Guest Lube Saibot

For those still wondering, it's deffo "furby and langside", because it's what he had under his "influences" on his myspace for quite a long time.

I'm kind of surprised at myself for not listening to this album yet. I guess I just don't feel like it's going to be anything different than I've already heard. And that's probably mostly based on having kept up with this thread.

• 2 months later...

I would just like to point out that I picked up this album from my local indie record store at the weekend. As mentioned before, the track "my so-called life" is probably the highlight, its very nicely done. It does seem like a slightly more restrained snares than previous releases (although it still has its moments of chaotic brilliance). Certainly a step down from Filth in terms of brain crushing sounds, but more musical. I quite like it, think it needs a few more plays though.

So just to recap, it's 2010, and Venetian Snares and Squarepusher are shit, while The Chemical Brothers and Underworld are good again. Fuck.

Guest tht tne

So just to recap, it's 2010, and Venetian Snares and Squarepusher are shit, while The Chemical Brothers and Underworld are good again. Fuck.

this album almost redeems vsnares from his acid fixation, but yes squarepusher has gone a bit off the tracks

I'm still all for his tongue-in-cheek tracks (Posers and Camera Phones, Welfare Wednesday, Who Wants Cake?).

Hajnal2 is a good revisit to older material, though not nearly as good as the original. Not really a bad album, especially for each song being produced in nearly a day. :|

Aaron's acid shit gives me a hard-on.

Archived