IGNORED

Realistic computer generated images

Guest joshier

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Glass Plate

I remember seeing ultra-realistic still lifes coming out a few years ago, but that's not as impressive as human faces.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Zbrush is an awesome program, very easy to use, but that IS fucking amazing WOW

WOW!!!

That is amazing! I mean... if I didn't know that was CG I wouldn't have guess EVER... at best I might have thought it was a real person photoshopped a little but again.. only if someone said something like "there's something up with this picture, I want you to figure out what it is".

Guest mafted

likewise.. there is no overlay for the pores and divets in his face.. which would mean probably hundreds of thousands of polygons, but i'm guessing they skipped a lot of that. still, it's too big of a leap in realism to not need more proof.

likewise.. there is no overlay for the pores and divets in his face.. which would mean probably hundreds of thousands of polygons, but i'm guessing they skipped a lot of that. still, it's too big of a leap in realism to not need more proof.

have you seen the thread?

what do you mean with the pores... it's a bump map.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

No doubt it's good. But it's still artificial.

no fucking shit

he's Portuguese give him a break

(EDIT:I just got this weird error twice, that said error communicating with database, making it look like my post didn't go through... but it did!)((twice))

watmm is dieing folks, the world is falling be careful

The hair gives it away as CG. The crosshatching effect on the hairline in the middle is a bit weird. Nice job giving his face some subtle asymmetries and a subtle facial expression. Like others have said already, it's usually when they animate things that the realism falls apart.

Guest ruiagnelo

No doubt it's good. But it's still artificial.

no fucking shit

he's Portuguese give him a break

(EDIT:I just got this weird error twice, that said error communicating with database, making it look like my post didn't go through... but it did!)((twice))

watmm is dieing folks, the world is falling be careful

:orly:

Archived