IGNORED

Portal 2

Guest ruiagnelo

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of people are saying the physics-altering paint is a goofy gimmick but I think that's really Valve's specialty department and I'm positive they'll make a really fun game out of it, 'cuz they always do. Also, they said that portal 1 was like a demo compared to portal 2. Fuckin' stoked :rdjgrin:

Guest ruiagnelo

Lots of people are saying the physics-altering paint is a goofy gimmick but I think that's really Valve's specialty department and I'm positive they'll make a really fun game out of it, 'cuz they always do. Also, they said that portal 1 was like a demo compared to portal 2. Fuckin' stoked :rdjgrin:

Maybe it was really a demo, and i thought it was very short too.

Also i think that what is coming will be surprising. That's why i just play Valve's games, because they know how to make them.

I am excite.

Even though this will run like shit on my old mbp.

Can you run the first portal? Because unless they come up with a new source engine, maybe it won't be that much different.

I can run Portal, but I need to dial down a good bit, or it starts to stutter on transitions (eg, moving through a portal). Although there might have been a few patches since I last played that have helped.

HL2 actually is a bit glitchier, but again I haven't played for a few weeks and there probably have been patches, since I was playing fresh out of the gate of the OSX steam launch. (Been fucking busy at work and trying to stay away from video games these last few weeks.)

Guest ruiagnelo

I can run Portal, but I need to dial down a good bit, or it starts to stutter on transitions (eg, moving through a portal). Although there might have been a few patches since I last played that have helped.

HL2 actually is a bit glitchier, but again I haven't played for a few weeks and there probably have been patches, since I was playing fresh out of the gate of the OSX steam launch. (Been fucking busy at work and trying to stay away from video games these last few weeks.)

Try HL2 when you can then, because they have released a few patches, even one today. I haven't played for weeks, but i usually open steam to get the latest updates and they seem to have fixed a lot of bugs.

As cool as this looks, I really need new Half Life, they completely left us hangin at the end of episode two

I don't care when its coming. I am sure it will be good. It's Valve's best hit and they won't let it down.

we actually do need a thread for this, nice one. when i saw the trailer i came multiple times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_mOf4kJ7dE

i have a feeling we'll see various sorts of paint, with various effects. i also strongly suspect we'll have the opportunity to kill ourselves with lava/goo that will behave similarly (if someone develops a sweet fluid dynamics engine, they're gonna use it on every fluid in the game).

i love the overgrown, decaying look of everything. lots of games have done that, but generally they paint everything in brown and distress all the textures - but this looks different; the contrast between the plants and the clean aperture test-chamber stuff is very striking.

so it's known, the paint stuff is borrowed from a game by students at DigiPen, Tag https://www.digipen.edu/studentprojects/tag/

i heard they were hired by valve, same situation with narbacular drop (which became portal).

i'm not a fan of the music used in the trailer. it doesn't complement the environment as well as the music from the first game did. far too minimalistic

Guest viscosity

so it's known, the paint stuff is borrowed from a game by students at DigiPen, Tag https://www.digipen.edu/studentprojects/tag/

i heard they were hired by valve, same situation with narbacular drop (which became portal).

i'm not a fan of the music used in the trailer. it doesn't complement the environment as well as the music from the first game did. far too minimalistic

thanks for the info. has anyone tried narbacular? how does it compare to portal in terms of gameplay

definitely gonna check out that paint game

i love the art direction in this. although, i must say - i do not like the blue stickman graphic on the door, it looks like some really hastily pasted-on poster like you'd find on a fence somewhere

Guest ruiagnelo

At this point and seeing by the screenshots, i am seriously afraid of a new fat source engine update which won't let me play this :sad:

Archived