IGNORED

timeless albums

Guest tht tne

Guest ruiagnelo

An interesting thread, but I suppose 'timeless' might be just as subjective as 'favourite'.

That said, SY's Bad Moon Rising might sound as fucked if it was released now as back when it actually was (I forget the year). Also the first few albums by Faust.

That's a good point, they are both subjective. But favorite is far more subjective than timeless.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nene multiple assgasms

An example of a record I would consider to be timeless is A Love Supreme by John Coltrane. If you didn't know it and were given a listen you could conceivably think it was recorded yesterday. There is no musical or audible signposts that give away the fact that it was recorded in 1964.

well, that's partly because jazz went stagnant a mere ten years later when miles went into retirement and has never recovered.

Guest Scrambled Ears

Goldie has create the timeless albums which is still on everybody's mouth and also has a ground breaking releases which is a smash hit. Her albums are the blended with the complex and drum and bass with an expansive strings as well as female vocals which has given a crossover hits.

im surprised that no one so far in this thread has responded to this...not that i know what to say...except...timeless

Guest Apeofnaples

This is my absolute favorite RDJ Album. It's haunted. I've seen grown men crumble because of this album.

WARPCD007_Packshot_1000.jpg

god damn i really need more neil young. i have trans on vinyl and hawks & doves on mp3 (which is amazing), where should i go from there?

Get On The Beach, killer album. Obviously After the Gold Rush is amazing too.

Guest Wall Bird

Although I don't think it's timeless, Tom Wait's 'Rain Dogs' is a complete musical anachronism. It sounds absolutely unlike any of it's 1980s contemporaries. Of course, the glaring exception in this analysis is 'Downtown Train', but I try to forget about that. I don't know what he was thinking on that one.

As for timeless... I don't think I know of a timeless album in the sense that it is devoid of temporal signposts that clue you to trends of the time. If I had to choose a few compositions, though, I might choose Gyorgy Ligeti's sound mass pieces like 'Atmospheres' or 'Requiem' or maybe his second string quartet. Also, perhaps some of Conlon Nancarrow's later player piano pieces.

6 pages is a lot for a joke thread... so far only disparaissant got it

I think everybody got the joke, it just wasn't funny.

(I hope everybody did, at least)

Archived