IGNORED

timeless albums

Guest tht tne

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dirty Protest

PIL's Metal Box sounds like it could have been made this year. Every London punk/new wave band to this day still attempt to replicate it.

Guest Billov

Tago Mago... fckin sweet

perhaps some of these

third.jpg

Residents-Eskimo.jpg

and probably most of their other albums.... they're just from another dimesion, nevermind talking about time.

roxy_music_-_for_your_pleasure_.jpg

zombies-odessey-and-oracle.jpg

beach_boys-pet_sounds.jpg

Bitchez crazy. Leftism was already said so.

PUP1CD_Packshot_480.jpg

neil_young_on_the_beach.jpg

b00000aga001lzzzzzzz.jpg

radiohead-kid-a1.jpg

velvet-under-and-nico-cover1.jpg

blonde_on_blonde_b0000c8avu.jpg

perhaps some of these

third.jpg

Residents-Eskimo.jpg

and probably most of their other albums.... they're just from another dimesion, nevermind talking about time.

The best one you mad yolk.

album-The-Residents-Meet-the-Residents.jpg

Edit: I probably would have mentioned a Beatles album if I didnt hate Paul McCarney so much.

Guest Billov

Haha sick... i was listening to that earlier. Never gave it a chance. "smellly tongues looked just as they felt"

Guest theSun

oversteps/move of ten

(sorry)

night-and-day.jpg

that's a really great album. i bought it on a whim when i saw it on vinyl a couple of years ago and didn't even listen to it until earlier this year - actually i might give it another listen tonight!

also can someone explain to me why i should actively listen to velvet underground beyond an initial listen for appreciation of being 'proto' or whatever? something to start with, perhaps?

yeah i personally don't think any late 80s/early 90s electronic stuff is particularly timeless. or, i've yet to hear something from that era that isn't so blatantly timestamped.

Guest Billov

also can someone explain to me why i should actively listen to velvet underground beyond an initial listen for appreciation of being 'proto' or whatever? something to start with, perhaps?

I'd say start with their first album, "Velvet Underground & Nico". Or maybe their third album "The Velvet Underground".. The latter being a lot more gentle. Lou Reed's Transformer is definitely worth checking out too.

yeah i personally don't think any late 80s/early 90s electronic stuff is particularly timeless. or, i've yet to hear something from that era that isn't so blatantly timestamped.

I guess in a way some of the early electronic music may feel very timestamped. But I think some of it really transcends all the dance/techno/acid scenes that they emerged from. Early Black Dog for instance had all these diverse influences and themes and motifs. They had all this ancient mythology going on, as well as weird time signatures and sci-fi sound bites.

I just can't place it right beside all the acid/techno that was circulating the dancefloors of the early 90's.

this is a nice example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y-M9oECSVA

Selected Ambient Works Volume II

I imagine if I lived to be 2 million years old I'd still put it on every once in a while.

Archived