IGNORED

timeless albums

Guest tht tne

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

goldie - timeless

I was gonna mention that, but say how it's quite possibly the least timeless album out there. It's one of the albums I own that has really aged and not in a good way (although the title track is pretty solid) - it is early 90s dnb incarnate.

One album that springs to mind is Brian Eno's On Land album. If you didn't know the album I think you'd be pretty hard pushed to guess even what decade it was released.

Guest tht tne

Shit I just realised this is a tht tne thread and thus meaningless tripe ....

if i really believed you felt that way i'd be hurt

Guest Billov

no.... you get a kick to the bawls

talking of bawls, I'd add Temple of Transparent Balls to this

84498df9886249384978846a6efbdd35_full.jpg

and maybe

pleasures.jpg

Guest Apeofnaples

Do I get a punch for saying Bytes is one of the most hideously dated things I've ever heard? Awful.

Kind of, yeah. But I suppose you had to be there. Close up over - Olivine was a game changer for me, as was most of the album. Still, I reckon Music for Real Airports (given time) will be timeless.

Guest Billov

Still, I reckon Music for Real Airports (given time) will be timeless.

Its takin me a very long time to really get into Music for real airports... Partially cause my mp3 player got b0rked and I can't find the time/place to listen to the whole thing through properly.

Guest disparaissant

cover_451917352008.jpg

album-remain-in-light.jpg

yes and yes.

velvet_undergroud_white_light_white_heat.jpg

if only because it doesn't sound like it was made when it was made in the first place.

Guest ruiagnelo

Do I get a punch for saying Bytes is one of the most hideously dated things I've ever heard? Awful.

Not really, but maybe give it a couple more listens. I think that even if you won't like it, at least it won't sound so awful, as you say.

Devo_Q-Are-We-Not-Men_-A-We-Are-Devo.jpg

not sure though.. but i still love putting it on from time to time, and the production is just amazing (brian eno).. ^^

Devo_Q-Are-We-Not-Men_-A-We-Are-Devo.jpg

not sure though.. but i still love putting it on from time to time, and the production is just amazing (brian eno).. ^^

i was going to suggest that!

Archived