IGNORED

Louie

eugene

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Ima big Louis CK fan but I don't think show is that great nor did I think that video was that lols. I wish he would just stick to stand up but unfortunately I think his best stand up is long passed.

Ya, I DL'd the first 2 episodes of this show and they were funny. Had never watched Lucky Louie, so I DL'd those as well (have yet to watch them)

Guest Mirezzi

Holy fucking shit.

The Ricky Gervais cameo was unbelievably awesome. I lol'd and lol'd and lol'd.

meh Its better than most comedies shows but it doesn't live up to how good it could be. CK is one the greatest stand ups or was and his stand up dvd's made me laugh waaaay fucking harder and waaay more often.

Guest Mirezzi

meh Its better than most comedies shows but it doesn't live up to how good it could be. CK is one the greatest stand ups or was and his stand up dvd's made me laugh waaaay fucking harder and waaay more often.

His standup is way different than this show though...it's important to keep that in mind going in. The entire idea behind the Facebook episode was genius. I think this show is equal parts lol and smart.

This show keeps using tons and tons of the same concepts EDIT:from his past stand up routines, I don't think my nigga CK has a lot more new material left. Its just my opinion but I think the show could 3 times funnier and I really don't think that's just my high expectations because I'm a huuuuge fan of his past stand up. I just don't think this show is executed in the right manner for my funny bone®

ehh I don't know maybe I am actually just underwhelmed from high hopes. Either way I hope this goes a few seasons, CK deserves the money after some of the routines hes already performed brilliantly. Some of his stand up was definitely untouchable and I hope this show gets that edge more often.

Guest Fishtank

Ima big Louis CK fan but I don't think show is that great nor did I think that video was that lols. I wish he would just stick to stand up but unfortunately I think his best stand up is long passed.

Agree, I didn't lol as much as I thought I would

Guest Mirezzi

I think expecting Louis CK to do a traditional narrative sitcom that's comprised of nothing but his trademark standup comedy is unrealistic.

As such a great comedian, it's the burden placed on him though and I hope it doesn't doom the show.

You guys have very different expectations for this show than I do. I expect it to compete with Curb Your Enthusiasm, which is just about where it's at already. CYE isn't non-stop lols, either, because it's a 22 minute sitcom just like Louie.

In fact, I already lol more than I do watching CYE, which is more facepalming and cringing than anything else.

Well it definitely shows that they are inspired by Curb Your Enthusiasm (the music and the tone definitely seem really CYE to me) and a little Seinfeld(obviously the fact that it switches from stand up to sitcom and a few minor things)((hard for a sitcom not to be inspired by Seinfeld a bit) a bit on this . Your right CYE wasn't constant lols but it was interesting, often times exciting and strongly amusing even if I never lawled ardcore.

But this show doesn't seem like its gonna have much of anyway of recurring characters, themes, progression. It's just kind of a random this idea to that idea kinda thing. When there's no progression, story, character movement you kinda need each little segregated idea to be lawlz or whats the point? its kind of amusing but no it doesn't really compete in the same arena CYE does to me.

tried to give louie a chance again, didn't like his HBO show at all thought this FX one would be more funny. Some good moments but overall seemed very dated like something you would see in the early 90s. IS that what his appeal is about? I'd be very surprised if this show went past a single season, it already seemed like it was struggling to come up with ideas in a 30 minute season opener

Guest iamabe

when the awkward date ran into the helicopter and flew away and the shot just held there with louie looking behind at it i laffed for a pretty long time.

Just watched Louis CK - Shameless and Chewed Up stand up. Fucking hilarious, depressing shit.

so e04 had 3-5 great laughs and I'm finally content with just being mildly amused by this show. Again I wish it the best and I will continue to watch it but yeah hopefully it doesn't get even less creative. The stand up sections are constantly entertaining even when they aren't hella lols. I really loved the middle stand up part about how humans try to ignore the biology that humans and all creatures incentive for sex is to procreate but we pretend its completely separate. when he's talking about how dumb animals must think it is when humans jizz on a bitches tits "whoooooooops"

Archived