IGNORED

Your favourite Damon Albarn album

Guest Backson

Guest Backson

I used to be a huge Gorillaz fan around the time of Demon Days, and from there I investigated Blur and the like,

But I think The Good, The Bad and The Queen maybe my favourite album of his I've heard.

You'll probably disagree, but the production is astounding, and the textures are wonderful. Its one of the few albums I like to sing along with, and I think Albarn's midlife melancholy meant he was at his songwriting peak.

Its like he took some of the ideas from Demon Days and created a more stylistically focused album.

That's my opinion anyway. What's your's?

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

yeah its a blur album for sure. i've been working on a blur compilation for a year or so for my wife who likes gorillaz but doesn't know blur. not sure i could pick a fave but 13 had that darkness that i like but on the other hand i like the cheesiness of blur so ?

gorillaz have too many collaborators. i know that the point but its so unfocused

the new blur song that came out for record shop day is pretty good too. i like how its about being 30 and having a kid and enjoying going into the studio with your mates. good stuff.

the new blur song that came out for record shop day is pretty good too. i like how its about being 30 and having a kid and enjoying going into the studio with your mates. good stuff.

YES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8ixnqRyfzU

So pissed I missed out on the 7" - shit's already going for loads...

I recall being really impressed with the personnel list for the record, and checking it out, and not really being overwhelmed or impressed. I'll have to check it out again...

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

the personnel list actually put me off before i even heard it. still haven't heard it.

actually no the name put me off more than the personnel

the personnel list actually put me off before i even heard it. still haven't heard it.

Yeah the name is pretty rough.

Guest Backson

Yeah the name is pretty rough.

its worse than you think!

supposedly the band has no name at all, and that's just the name of the album.

Guest cult fiction

13 is an excellent album... I really like the long-form songs they were doing around that time and a little after before Think Tank.

Black Book, the b-side to Music is My Radar is a really lovely tune in that vein.

Guest bitroast

there some absolutely amazing songs among the blur b-sides. some of their best material even.

Photoon2010-07-18at1706.jpg <- blur fan

Archived