IGNORED

my 4 year old son just reacted like most...

QBLA

i dusted off my little area and decided to experiment with some beats while my son is sitting there learning his ABC's with some computer toy of his. then he looks over at me and is like "DAD... WHAT'S THAT NOISE!" with a rather annoyed look on his face... i told him "THAT'S STRAIGHT UP HIP HOP ON THE STRENGPH GEE!" he responded... "THAT'S NOT HIP HOP!" then i grabbed him by the shoulders and looked him in the eye and said "STRAIGHT UP HIP HOP ON THE STRENGPH GEE!" he then said "SURE THING!" rolled his eyes and walked away! he's the only one that can get away with doing this in my book!

4 year olds.

What song did you try on him?

it was something i was doing... i just took a hip hoppish beat and was doing some random twiddling.

i don't expose him to much idm. just the essentials. he likes autechre only because i once told him robots made that music. i only play playful type aphex tracks for him too (logan rock witch, alberto balsalm, random tracks from melodies from mars, etc.). he can tell what's not autechre for some reason because he'll ask me to change the music if ae isn't playing.

oh yeah... and he's on a hip hop binge too. that's the music he reacts to the most while at home, in the car, a random person driving by listening to it. he doesn't react to rock music much... just stuff like greenday or 311 only because it was in a movie he likes.

my g/f's 5 year old listens to mainly poppy radio stuffs, but when we're in the car together, we often jam out to my mixes, and she digs on most things I play that's not superjungle. Her recent faves are major lazer's Pon de Floor, ceephax's arcadian, and one of my old tracks.

Guest ruiagnelo

have you ever played him afx's cuckoo?

it's the track i always wanted to listen to when i was 4 years old and didn't have.

it's the track i always wanted to listen to when i was 4 years old and didn't have.

that's a good one... i'll have to dig around my stash for that one.

Guest ruiagnelo

that's a good one... i'll have to dig around my stash for that one.

that one is the track for your kid.

Guest abusivegeorge

Pon de Floor,

Myself and hautlle were appreciative of your dropping this into your new mix, good work man.

Guest abusivegeorge

Also lol at your son, you think he knows something we don't?

Maybe he knows that in 20 years time all IDM EXCEPT Autechre, will be shit. What a turn out for the books that would be.

Guest ruiagnelo

Also lol at your son, you think he knows something we don't?

Maybe he knows that in 20 years time all IDM EXCEPT Autechre, will be shit. What a turn out for the books that would be.

lol that is some serious reliance there

Guest Greg Reason

he can tell what's not autechre for some reason because he'll ask me to change the music if ae isn't playing.

Smart kid. If only more people would share this sentiment

Guest Adjective

i'm curious what he thinks of melodies from mars and analogue bubblebath 5

those always bring out my playful side

Guest abusivegeorge

(just for the record I don't think Autechre are shit, they've made too much awesome pre-2000 material)

i dusted off my little area and decided to experiment with some beats while my son is sitting there learning his ABC's with some computer toy of his. then he looks over at me and is like "DAD... WHAT'S THAT NOISE!" with a rather annoyed look on his face... i told him "THAT'S STRAIGHT UP HIP HOP ON THE STRENGPH GEE!" he responded... "THAT'S NOT HIP HOP!" then i grabbed him by the shoulders and looked him in the eye and said "STRAIGHT UP HIP HOP ON THE STRENGPH GEE!" he then said "SURE THING!" rolled his eyes and walked away! he's the only one that can get away with doing this in my book!

4 year olds.

lol

Guest Coalbucket PI

Great IDM anecdote.

My friend's son is 3 and we had him dancing to Squarepusher which was an excellent moment, it seems bizarre that a kid could grow up to stuff like that after my dreadful Phil Collins / Fleetwood Mac upbringing

Guest ruiagnelo

Great IDM anecdote.

My friend's son is 3 and we had him dancing to Squarepusher which was an excellent moment, it seems bizarre that a kid could grow up to stuff like that after my dreadful Phil Collins / Fleetwood Mac upbringing

lol sweet innocence.

he likes autechre only because i once told him robots made that music.

lol

Yeah, I love this part of the story.

Archived