IGNORED

having a baby!

jules

so the wife and i are having a baby. wow. its super exciting and totally nerve wracking but im really worried. i really think i need to have a boy but i know deep down we are goimg to have a girl. is it wrong to feel like im going to be disappointed when i find out its a girl?

of course when the baby comes i doubt its going to matter but the thoughts of playing soccer and baseball and teaching him to golf will be replaced with ballet classes, dolls and easy bake ovens.

i feel really bad about this at the moment and it sometimes seems to be consuming the joy of knowing we are starting a family.

edit: this came out all wrong :facepalm:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im saying i really was hoping to carry my family name on with a boy first. i am not going to care once the baby comes and its not like im going to love one more than the next.

Guest ruiagnelo

of course when the baby comes i doubt its going to matter but the thoughts of playing soccer and baseball and teaching him to golf will be replaced with ballet classes, dolls and easy bake ovens.

i imagine your wife writing, at the moment, the complete opposite of this in a web forum she usually goes to.

Guest cult fiction

And why can't you play soccer/basketball/golf with your daughter? It's 2010 for fuck's sake...

My fiance's nephew and I were tossing a ball around, and when I asked if he wanted his aunt to play, he got very disturbed and said "boys can't play sports with girls". Please raise your kid to be more open-minded than you are.

i imagine your wife writing, at the moment, the complete opposite of this in a web forum she usually goes to.

lol. i doubt it. i obviously just want a healthy baby but it would be nice to have a father-son bond.

im saying i really was hoping to carry my family name on with a boy first. i am not going to care once the baby comes and its not like im going to love one more than the next.

You are one selfish dude. And tbh, at this point, I don't feel like that last sentence is even true. You might as well just get an abortion now and adopt a little disadvantaged boy. I'm really stunned right now, and that rarely happens.

And why can't you play soccer/basketball/golf with your daughter? It's 2010 for fuck's sake...

My fiance's nephew and I were tossing a ball around, and when I asked if he wanted his aunt to play, he got very disturbed and said "boys can't play sports with girls". Please raise your kid to be more open-minded than you are.

easy man, im very open minded and of course girls can play sports. its obvious with the great success of the wnba.

no seriously, if i have a girl she can do whatever she wants of course. im not close minded by any means.

You are one selfish dude. And tbh, at this point, I don't feel like that last sentence is even true. You might as well just get an abortion now and adopt a little disadvantaged boy. I'm really stunned right now, and that rarely happens.

jesus christ.

What's your religion, jules?

i was raised catholic.

I mean seriously Jules, you find out you're having a baby and this is the shit that pops in your head? Most people worry about money and stuff like that, you know, LEGITIMATE WORRIES.

there are only 4 of my last name left in our family and it goes back a looong way. the other 3 are either done reproducing or cant. i am the last chance. i dont see what so wrong with wanted to give that to my father.

and believe me, its not like i wont be happy with a girl, im planning on having more than one. i just was hoping the first could be a boy and be a protective brother to the others. you guys are making me feel like a monster.

I mean seriously Jules, you find out you're having a baby and this is the shit that pops in your head? Most people worry about money and stuff like that, you know, LEGITIMATE WORRIES.

oh trust me, that has been a worry for the months and months leading up to this and of course thats priority 1 man. i want to provide everything i possibly can. i want my wife to be able to stay home if she wants. trust me, those worries are GIGANTIC.

yeah, nobody but jules wants one sex a little more than the other. that never happens.

thank you!

*wipes brow*

What if you have a son and he's gay???

i would care as much if i have a daughter and she is gay. i could care less. whatever will make them happy is what will make me happy.

then you take him to ballet lessons, and buy him dolls and easy bake ovens.

:cisfor:

take it easy on the guy guys. the guy just wants a guy, so he can guy around with his little guy. something every guy enjoys. the guy is just nervous about a non-guy kid messing with his guyness, which, as a guy, i'm sure the guy holds very close. jeeze.

congrats though for serious, and i know you'll love your child with all of your heart regardless of it's gender, and that first moment you can look your child in the eyes is the moment all these little worries will disappear, you'll just be happy-as-fuck, freal

There's nothing wrong with preferring to have one or the other, but the way it was brought up and addressed seems a bit fucked to me.

yea, im not good at expressing myself to strangers through a keyboard. definitely my bad.

take it easy on the guy guys. the guy just want a guy so he can guy around with his little guy. something every guy enjoys. the guy is just nervous about a non-guy kid messing with his guyness, which, as a guy, i'm sure the guy holds very close. jeeze.

congrats though for serious, and i know you'll love your child with all of your heart regardless of it's gender, and that first moment you can look your child in the eyes is the moment all these little worries will disappear, you'll just be happy-as-fuck, freal

fuckin' a man. thank you! and yes, you are correct in everything you just posted.

congrats whatever the outcome. i was expecting a girl with the second one... but it turned out to be a boy so all was good... 2 boys... 2 out of control, lost my chill ways, screaming from the top of my lung boys.

Archived