IGNORED

Brian Eno - tba

Just got that in the email newsletter- not giving up a lot of details are they?

Can we take any clues from the brown color? Ahh, whatever. Hopefully there aren't any cheesy collaborations that ruin this album. A couple good ones could be interesting though...

this is great news. imagine if eno came out with this amazing glitchy abstract electronic music and everyone had their minds destroyed.

like he made the album just to show afx/ae/whoever just who the fucking boss of electronic music is.

lol

From Pitchfork:

The news comes after Exclaim reported a blog post from guitarist Leo Abrahams, who wrote, "There's an album out soon by Brian Eno, with myself and Jon Hopkins... It contains the fruits of several years of jams between the three of us. I've not heard anything quite like it-- it sounds 'live' and 'alien' at the same time. Some things have been permitted to survive, which only Brian would have had the courage to let go, and it's so much the better for it." (The text has since been deleted from Abrahams' site.)

Abrahams has worked with Eno several times in the past, including on the Eno/David Byrne album Everything That Happens Will Happen Today. Hopkins is an ambient electronic artist who has released music on Domino, remixed Four Tet, and worked with Coldplay.

They also posted this video of them jamming with the Necks which I thought was a bit crap (particularly the vocals).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkrxJb5myws&feature=player_embedded

These sound a little nicer to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tk4Wh6pTmY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVspdDyPEQE&feature=related

Did anyone dig Another Day On Earth?

very much so, particularly 'this', 'and then so clear', and 'how many worlds' (last one is VERY another green world)

very much so, particularly 'this', 'and then so clear', and 'how many worlds' (last one is VERY another green world)

Agreed, I LOVE "How Many Worlds" and I wish the whole world could hear it.

this is great news. imagine if eno came out with this amazing glitchy abstract electronic music and everyone had their minds destroyed.

like he made the album just to show afx/ae/whoever just who the fucking boss of electronic music is.

Funny thought. Looking forward to this one!

Yes, there's an eerie processed-vocal track on it. Brilliant!

'and then so clear'? apparently he achieved the sound by autotuning the vocal a ridiculous number of times - or do you mean the spooky vox at the end of 'passing over'?

edit: actually an album with some 'passing over' style pieces would suit warp very well.

'and then so clear'? apparently he achieved the sound by autotuning the vocal a ridiculous number of times - or do you mean the spooky vox at the end of 'passing over'?

edit: actually an album with some 'passing over' style pieces would suit warp very well.

Yes, "And then so clear". I think I read an interview with him on how he did it: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct05/articles/brianeno.htm

Guest sirch

lol, i really hope it's like that!

Archived