IGNORED

why the fuck do we have a football sub-forum?

Guest blicero

Football is so culturally ingrained into society that people can not objectively look at it, and prefer attaching emotional connotations to it which gives rise to irrationalities/patriotism for their club. Football is the last of our social priorities -- too much money is in the "football industry" -- it ought to be taken by the Government and spent on social programs such as NHS/Psychological Rehabilitation/Cancer Research/Feeding everyone with no price tag etc.. it's a wasteful passion, football. I can't see how anyone can not understand this view point.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rambo

too much money is in the "football industry" -- it ought to be taken by the Government and spent on social programs such as NHS/Psychological Rehabilitation/Cancer Research/Feeding everyone with no price tag etc.. it's a wasteful passion, football. I can't see how anyone can not understand this view point.

I think virtually everyone understands that viewpoint...

too much money is in the "football industry" -- it ought to be taken by the Government and spent on social programs such as NHS/Psychological Rehabilitation/Cancer Research/Feeding everyone with no price tag etc.. it's a wasteful passion, football. I can't see how anyone can not understand this view point.

I think virtually everyone understands that viewpoint...

but silly, simple minds carry on perpetuating it. Why do you think that is? I know why - it's linked to their psychology for sure.

Guest Funktion

i think that what bread is trying to say is that this is the jews fault.

ps. football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Football has had a significant contribution to IDM. It's been around for a long time and has released several albums and EP's that are very relevant.

hahaha,

+ stop biting on blicero for creating this thread, it's a relevant question. If you don't agree, then don't take it personally, youknow just diss the topic not the man. But then again that kind of gentlemanly behaviour is a touch hard for the average sportsfan to muster up innit. ;-p

--

++ if someone is psych thread stalking blicero, they deserve at least a warn. I've had it done to me before and it's not fun.

Here's what I don't understand:

There's been a Fantasy Football thread pinnned to the top of General Banter for years now, and no-one has ever complained about it - I create a subforum for discussion of football, since a lot of WATMM users like football, and thinking that a subforum would be even better since now if there is a rash of football-related threads, they will be segregated from General Banter so the people not interested in football won't even have to worry about skipping over those threads to begin with.

I think people just like to complain.

There's been a Fantasy Football thread pinnned to the top of General Banter for years now, and no-one has ever complained about it - I create a subforum for discussion of football, since a lot of WATMM users like football, and thinking that a subforum would be even better since now if there is a rash of football-related threads, they will be segregated from General Banter so the people not interested in football won't even have to worry about skipping over those threads to begin with.

**Pats joy rex on the back**

Yeah sure, it's complaining when you don't agree with their propositions and protestations.

Personally I don't care either way, to give my opinion on this for the record. I mean if the site were to go down in tone it would be an overall thing generated by the userbase, not by one tiny little subforum for sporting circle jerks. "Did you see them run up the field" .. "yeah mang, and they then ran down it again, AWSUM !!" (might as well be discussing the weather).

If for some reason this aspect of the forum encouraged an influx of jox to our site, which then caused the music forum to get spammed by Ibetha dance 2000 rants. Then we might have to think about structural adjustment. (i wonder if the BoC forum doesn't have a similar negative influence over the tone of the rest of the place, via the people it encourages to join HAH.

;-]

eneewae goe in pees yolL

Guest Mirezzi

Didn't being an anti-sports, dick-eating pussy stop being normal for nerds in the 80s around the time Who's the Boss? went into syndication?

Guest abusivegeorge

hmmm, yes it seems The Overlook is being a bit of an idiot... I forget who he is - isn't he maanteeeccaaa or someone?

fuck it anyway, interwebs serious business etc

Lol, he's Mirezzi.

I vote we use this to an advantage and turn it into a football thread.

Anyone see Luton beat Liverpool 3-0 on Tuesday? Was an epic game.

Guest Z_B_Z

i dont have a problem with it but i think its bullshit that a sport gets a subforum and movies only get a pinned thread.

Guest abusivegeorge

screw you George, the average age of our team was about 12!

Yeah, 3 years older than us, wtf were you guys doing out there?

Guest Rambo

*devolves into grunts and monkey noises*

fuck you George

*jumps onto table*

*pick up bowl of fruit and throws it up in the air*

*monkey noises*

Guest Calx Sherbet

change the name to "sport" and put all the rest of the topics in there that fit the topic

i agree with this.

that's not a bad idea, it's a pretty common subject

Archived