IGNORED

Cloudbusting

tipper

Guest disparaissant

<3 <3 <3

song is... well some people around here would say "this song is idm" but im gonna steer clear of that and instead say "this song is the kind of song some people around here would call 'idm.'"

it's about this guy. i'd post more on the subject but i gotta go! so maybe later. or just read the wiki article.

Guest dilbthelame

I love this song. reminds me a lot of goon gumpas because of the strings. and the voice, the voice etc.

Guest disparaissant

really quite a sad song, though! reich was, IRL, harassed, arrested, had all his writings burned BY THE GOVERNMENT (the -US- government) and was imprisoned in a mental hospital, where he died. i mean yeah, the guy was a nut toward the end. but that's not really in keeping with the first amendment now is it? anyways, yeah. he went nuts, the government came for him, and this song is based on his son's account of his arrest.

before his nuttier later days he was a contemporary of/collaborator with such notables as Freud and Jung.

Guest Calx Sherbet

<3 <3 <3

song is... well some people around here would say "this song is idm" but im gonna steer clear of that and instead say "this song is the kind of song some people around here would call 'idm.'"

it's quite basically VERY good. the whole album is, and actually most of her music is. :sorcerer:

Thankfully one of the few things featuring Donald Sutherland in which he doesn't end up knobbing the female protagonist.

well in the context of the video, that would be paedophilia and incest :pedobear:

i love this song. and kate bush is incredibly sexy even when portraying a 12-year-old boy

Someone posts a kate bush track.

Everyone weeps uncontrollably while confessing that the love kate bush the most.

Everyone waits 3 weeks for the next Kate Bush thread.

Repeat.

Everyone weeps uncontrollably while confessing that the love kate bush the most.

Repeat.

you're always fucking moaning

Repeat.

Even more so today.

Thankfully one of the few things featuring Donald Sutherland in which he doesn't end up knobbing the female protagonist.

well in the context of the video, that would be paedophilia and incest :pedobear:

Exactly why I was thankful that Donald Sutherland went against type for once.

Guest Calx Sherbet

Repeat.

Even more so today.

today is a good day! :smile:

Guest tht tne

I actually never thought about Kate Bush hardly at all until I came to WATMM and the Planet Mu boards.

Apparently, the British (+ a lone female Wisconsinian :emotawesomepm9: ) see her as the crown jewel of human kind and I went back to see what the fuss was about. I remembered stuff deep in my brain e.g. "runnin' up that hill" and this song being sampled by Utah Saints and Chevron sampling her also.

I do agree that she was very innovative and forward-thinking; avant garde at times apparently. She's got a great voice too. But, for some reason, I think I'll always just feel "behind" because no matter how much I like Kate's catalogue, there is an Englishman* there to soundly blow me out of the water....

*or dispraissant :spiteful:

*google street views wisconsin*

Guest disparaissant

hahaha, im both creeped out and flattered. and maybe a little ashamed, haha. i need to tone down my musical obsessions.

Guest analogue wings

im both creeped out and flattered. and maybe a little ashamed.

wattum distilled to single sentence

how famous did Kate Bush get in her heydey? I know it's kind of an arbitrary question but i've always wondered because her music is such avant-garde pop music to me but she seems to have gotten very popular in england.

Cloudbusting really does make me crai*.

I HID MY YO-YO IN THE GARDEN

I CAN'T HIDE YOU FROM THE GOVERNMENT

*maybe I'm suspended in gaffa, or something.

Archived