IGNORED

Recommend me some of the scariest movies you've seen

chassis

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rotwang

The 2nd Wizard of Oz is even scarier... like ten times scarier. Mind you I'm just going off childhood memories, but that film fucked me up.

Same here. I think the thing that most fucked me up as a child, though, was the video for New Order's

. It was shown before a film I saw at the cinema, and I don't know why but it scared the absolute shit out of me. I had nightmares about it for ages.

Guest tht tne

The 2nd Wizard of Oz is even scarier... like ten times scarier. Mind you I'm just going off childhood memories, but that film fucked me up.

Same here. I think the thing that most fucked me up as a child, though, was the video for New Order's

. It was shown before a film I saw at the cinema, and I don't know why but it scared the absolute shit out of me. I had nightmares about it for ages.

on that note, the following 2 videos scare(d) me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS1jAvCycCY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pC3VJA_CB8

although i think i saw an alternate version of the 2nd one that was a lot scarier, or i could be conflating two early morning mtv missives

Jesus Camp

Holy fuck did this movie scare the shit out of me. No lie.

I know man, could be the scariest film anyone has mentioned yet...

Oh how I love the Exorcist though....

and Carrie isn't scary, at all!!!!!!

The Shining is the only film that has any value as a horror film by Stephen King, the rest are just funny.... :facepalm:

Lost Highway & Mulholland Drive - These movies still scare me to death each time I watch them.

Shutter (the original from Thailand) - I actually turned this movie off because it really creeped me out. I finished it later on though.

blair witch project bothers me every time i see it. there is yet to be any work of art that truly disturbs me like it does.

texas chainsaw massacre is actually pretty frightening.

silence of the lambs gets under my skin.

the shining has an incredibly strange atmosphere.

i keep trying to think of the scariest movie i've seen but the only images that flash through my mind are those from my worst nightmares.

nightmares are as fucking horrifying as it gets. there is nothing worse.

lynch films i can't qualify because there are some scenes that truly dig into my mind, and others that i think are hilarious.

for instance, mulholland drive has one of the most bizarre scenes...

at silencio. with the blue hair lady. and the crying. one of the most moving scenes ever, i feel.

but the espresso scene...i'm always cracking up during half of that movie.

Guest analogue wings

Legion (aka Exorcist III)

Fucking weird and creepy movie written and directed by the guy who wrote the exorcist. Tragically the studio forced him to make it an exorcist sequel when it was never meant to be but there are still a great many :wtf: moments in there

Has anyone seen "The Beyond"?

That shit is scary.

Also, I haven't seen it in a long time but I remember " The Serpent and The Rainbow" scaring the piss out of me, when I was a kid.

no one has mentioned the British film The Descent.

I did...

The Exorcist was pretty good. suspense and weirdness....

Pretty good?

Man, when she is writhing and screeching with the light shining behind her and the priest looking up at her with the demon statue in the shot, I always nearly shit myself! :wtf:

You know I'd always heard how scary The Exorcist was, and I realized I really should get around to watching it so I did last week. And IDK but it didn't really scare me, some parts even made me laugh.

The Human Centipede was pretty fucked up in concept, but it wasn't really that scary more-so just awkward... I've been meaning to see The Descent, might watch it later tonight if it's on Netflix. and I really wanna see that remake of The Crazies

no one has mentioned the British film The Descent.

I did...

The Exorcist was pretty good. suspense and weirdness....

Pretty good?

Man, when she is writhing and screeching with the light shining behind her and the priest looking up at her with the demon statue in the shot, I always nearly shit myself! :wtf:

ha, yeah, it deserves more cred that that

btw, i just finished watching jacob's ladder for the first time. what a fucking trip.

Archived