IGNORED

Global Communication is BACK

Guest ruiagnelo

and Mark writes at Reloadonline:

"...Been writing loads of different things over the last year, some jungle and some techno as well, lots of Footwork also and some Ambient stuff + some Harmonic 33 library stuff."

:facepalm:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ruiagnelo

whatever, the guy has a good ratio of decent output..and prospects of GC...well...

mark has been producing decent music, but not impressive.

i enjoyed his africa hitech output and a couple of remixes, but overall it's just pretty good.

i recently heard a remix of a track produced by this guy Milanese, credited to 'Reload'. Not sure if it is Mark's Reload, but the track is pretty meh. awful i would say, if we consider the musical talent that is Pritchard.

the same goes for Tom, never saw him live or heard any sets, but i have heard all his remixes. a few amazing tunes and overall good, but not impressive as well.

i hope they can find new inspirations as soon as they reunite and start writting mindblowing music... again.

i hope they can find new inspirations as soon as they reunite and start writting mind blowing music... again.

thing is, a lot of these people just aren't capable of writing "mind blowing music" anymore, because they're not eager young 20-something's anymore, doing a shit load of drugs and going to parties all the time! they're slower, older....... and just lacking in that magic 'stuff'.

they don't 'want it', or indeed 'need it' as much anymore. just like Black Dog could never do another Bytes. because they've all grown up, moved on and gotten all old and sensible!! :( ..got married, had kids, etc. etc. aswell.

we'd all love another 76:14, or indeed another Bytes, but it's not gonna happen man!! and we shouldn't keep looking to the old school for new music anyway!!!! let them all retire in peace, if that's what they want... :)

Guest ruiagnelo

i hope they can find new inspirations as soon as they reunite and start writting mind blowing music... again.

thing is, a lot of these people just aren't capable of writing "mind blowing music" anymore, because they're not eager young 20-something's anymore, doing a shit load of drugs and going to parties all the time! they're slower, older....... and just lacking in that magic 'stuff'.

they don't 'want it', or indeed 'need it' as much anymore. just like Black Dog could never do another Bytes. because they've all grown up, moved on and gotten all old and sensible!! :( ..got married, had kids, etc. etc. aswell.

we'd all love another 76:14, or indeed another Bytes, but it's not gonna happen man!! and we shouldn't keep looking to the old school for new music anyway!!!! let them all retire in peace, if that's what they want... :)

actually, i might sound like a fanboy sometimes, but it's not like i want another Bytes or another 76:14.

i know that artists like them just can't write 'mind blowing music' anymore, like they did in the 90's, but they are talented musicians, and they can always write amazing music.

just look at Plaid, their sound went through a series of evolutions, they grew up, but their experience and talent keeps bringing great sounds, always! Amirite mate?

anyway i was talking in the sense of writing good music. not dubstep, like everyone seems to be doing now - even pritchard or photek yes.

no you don't sound like a fanboy, i'm just saying... unfortunately.. these people are not the same people they were, so, i guess we shouldn't have such high expectations, innit. :)

and i know all too well about that. every album tBd (similar artist of similar era, as you know) released since UP, i was hoping, wanting it to be as good as early tBd, or even better,.. but it never happened, eh. and so they were all a let down.

so, just don't get your hopes up too much mate, is all i'm saying. ;)

the 4-D thing sounds very interesting though!!!!

yes!

and Tom mentioned something about 90's unreleased stuff!

excited%20copy.gif

you'd have to get your ass over to the UK for the 4-D thang, methinks!!

spread your wings, ruiagnelo! fly! ;)

Guest ruiagnelo

yes!

and Tom mentioned something about 90's unreleased stuff!

excited%20copy.gif

you'd have to get your ass over to the UK for the 4-D thang, methinks!!

spread your wings, ruiagnelo! fly! ;)

i wish mate!

but the unreleased tunes, if released, will eventually find a way of getting to me

The-Simpsons-Montgomery-Burns-New-York-City-Mayor-1.jpg

technical Q : is every edition post-2005 remastered? ordered a disc on this idea, and each entry after an initial "original recording remastered" one at discogs no longer states its remastered. mine has the barcode 8 8697240312 0 and seems to match the final entry discogs have given for this record.

cannot yet find an alternative source of info to check on this... other than kompakt kiste which i'm going to check now...and doesn't seem to clarify things any more.

I Think the remastered version only comes in the 2cd pack from Discotheque UK

My suspicion is if it is coming as just the original 10 tracks on 1 cd, it is a re-pressing of the "original" version.

Remastered mp3's at Bleep.

http://bleep.com/index.php?page=release_details&releaseid=268

and the cd here:

http://www.amazon.com/76-Expanded-Remastered-Global-Communication/dp/B0009VJWRC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1297292968&sr=1-2

My suspicion is if it is coming as just the original 10 tracks on 1 cd, it is a re-pressing of the "original" version.

and the cd here:

http://www.amazon.com/76-Expanded-Remastered-Global-Communication/dp/B0009VJWRC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1297292968&sr=1-2

this is one of my thoughts. the other is that if you release a remaster in one year, why allow a release of anything but the remaster from there on in?

and the cd here:

this is one of my thoughts. the other is that if you release a remaster in one year, why allow a release of anything but the remaster from there on in?

I'd say that the reasoning was this: the Dedicated original is obviously a different label than the Sanctuary/Discotheque remaster. Dedicated still wants to make money on it so they make the original pressing much more readily available than the remaster. The remaster you've got to look a little harder for, but it's much more for the established fans. Probably more of a label issue than an artist one.

and the cd here:

I'd say that the reasoning was this: the Dedicated original is obviously a different label than the Sanctuary/Discotheque remaster. Dedicated still wants to make money on it so they make the original pressing much more readily available than the remaster. The remaster you've got to look a little harder for, but it's much more for the established fans. Probably more of a label issue than an artist one.

I got my cd of it before original release date, a promo .

suspect usual complaint applies with remasters - pointless, all too often, mostly an attempt to get the bass to stand up to better equipment. brick wall?

Archived