IGNORED

Global Communication is BACK

Guest ruiagnelo

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ruiagnelo

anyone remember this remix by Tom?

must say this sort of housey is not my bag, but have memories of this being played at the record shop i was working at the time of release

shit it's absolutely my favorite remix by tom!! there is one he did for gotan project that i like too. but i think all his remix work is pretty good.

Guest Hanratty

if you're buying it for the first time now, you gotta get the 2xCD on Sanctuary/Discotheque that has the singles disc. def worth a couple extra bucks.

i actually stole the 2cd off the net and the singles are really different and not as appealing, to me. it jut sounded like old house tracks. not worth the twentysomething bucks as an import.

Or DL them at bleep and just pick the ones you like.

yeah there's three deep house classics of theirs on the bonus cd

The Way (secret ingredients mix ) - maybe the best house track ever put to wax

The Deep

and The Groove (instrumental mix)

But the other four are more "global communication ambient goodness"

the two tracks from their Keongaku ep: Incidental Harmony and Sublime Creation

The Biosphere (Global Communication Remix) from the Autoreload II ep - flawless

and Their ultra ambient remix of Sensorama's "Aspirin"

also the bonus disc version is Remastered and sounds SOOOOOO much better than the original pressing...

get it.

Guest ruiagnelo

Or DL them at bleep and just pick the ones you like.

yeah there's three deep house classics of theirs on the bonus cd

The Way (secret ingredients mix ) - maybe the best house track ever put to wax

The Deep

and The Groove (instrumental mix)

But the other four are more "global communication ambient goodness"

the two tracks from their Keongaku ep: Incidental Harmony and Sublime Creation

The Biosphere (Global Communication Remix) from the Autoreload II ep - flawless

and Their ultra ambient remix of Sensorama's "Aspirin"

also the bonus disc version is Remastered and sounds SOOOOOO much better than the original pressing...

get it.

the bonus cd is actually very good.

some house music gems in there for sure.

• 1 month later...

Middleton made some real sell out god awful garbage after they split but yeah I'd say this is good news. Global Communication and Reload were a big influence on me!

anyone remember this remix by Tom?

must say this sort of housey is not my bag, but have memories of this being played at the record shop i was working at the time of release

Shit dats a nice remix. Mm maybe I've underestimated Tom's recent works.

• 3 months later...
Guest ruiagnelo

So i discovered there is a discussion board for everything GC related, and after some snatching i found some great news:

Tom:

So...

ADE news.

Mark and I can confirm we'll be putting together a run of Global Communication live shows for Q3 2011.

Some will be seated concert performances of 76:14 , some will be live club/festival appearances and there will also be a few select back to back DJ appearances.

I'm working on forthcoming Liquatech remixes for Bedrock and Beardyman.

Robortom featuring Au Revoir Simone 'Paganini Rocks' out next week I believe on Sunday Best digitally...

Gliding out on Urbantorque early 2011..

And I'm working on a total immersion 4D sound experience..more info soon!

"..yes.. Mark Pritchard and I are reforming Global Communication this year to perform live shows and DJ sets, re-release 76:14 with remixes..and to kick off, a compilation of inspirational techno and electronica classics from 88-93: Back In The Box forthcoming on NRK "

dunno if it is jazz, but i got quite excited now!

also what do you guys know about this? :blink:

WOW....WOW......

is their a list of tourdates??? if they come anywhere within the tri-state area im there.

for those that havent yet, listen to 76:14. its a fucking watershed....sooo good.

I fucking love 76:14

everyone loves 76:14! :)

this is some very good news! i didn't know they were reforming....... and that boxset sounds very interesting aswell !

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiceeeeee.

Tom:

So...

ADE news.

Mark and I can confirm we'll be putting together a run of Global Communication live shows for Q3 2011.

Some will be seated concert performances of 76:14 , some will be live club/festival appearances and there will also be a few select back to back DJ appearances.

I'm working on forthcoming Liquatech remixes for Bedrock and Beardyman.

Robortom featuring Au Revoir Simone 'Paganini Rocks' out next week I believe on Sunday Best digitally...

Gliding out on Urbantorque early 2011..

And I'm working on a total immersion 4D sound experience..more info soon!

WoooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fuck yeah!

I was lucky to meet Tom Middleton last night and he mentioned that there may be a huge trove of unreleased archives from the early '90s possibly coming out later this year.

along with somewhere I read that 76:14 will be getting another re-release with a bonus disc of the album remixed (not sure if by Mark and Tom or by others)

Also In the Meantime Tom has a remix ep of his track "Sea of Glass" coming out:

and this:

http://soundcloud.com/tommiddleton/19-5-tm-liquatech-mix

and Mark writes at Reloadonline:

"The next Africa hitech ep is out March i think, 4 tracks.

Out in the streets

Caveman style

Seek em step

Looking for the one.

Album is done for a May release. 11 tracks only Out in the streets will have been out b4 the album, rest is unreleased stuff.

I'm now just sorting a remix for Bonobo and one for Farout. Im also finalizing the tracks for a Harmonic 313 ep which will include Lion and Dutty bounce which are done.

Theres a harmonic 313 track called Bazooka riddim coming on a Bug comp for Soul jazz.

There is a 12" with Trim that may come on Planet mu. That's already finished.

Still trying to work out the Wiley Scar track for release, Warp want it.

Got another Deep medi 12" to finish.

I've been writing lots of Reload stuff as well and that's the next album to focus on.

Been writing loads of different things over the last year, some jungle and some techno as well, lots of Footwork also and some Ambient stuff + some Harmonic 33 library stuff. Usual thing really writing too much and not finishing haha but i have got into a good finishing mode in the last 6 months. Probably finished 20 tracks or more in the last 4 months so i'm trying to keep in that mode.

Going to try and get more of a steady stream of music out from now on.

Oh im submitting some tracks for P money next week and ive been doing some tracks for Gonjasufi also."

Guest ruiagnelo

I was lucky to meet Tom Middleton last night and he mentioned that there may be a huge trove of unreleased archives from the early '90s possibly coming out later this year.

along with somewhere I read that 76:14 will be getting another re-release with a bonus disc of the album remixed (not sure if by Mark and Tom or by others)

Also In the Meantime Tom has a remix ep of his track "Sea of Glass" coming out:

and this:

http://soundcloud.com/tommiddleton/19-5-tm-liquatech-mix

and Mark writes at Reloadonline:

"The next Africa hitech ep is out March i think, 4 tracks.

GREAT news!! thanks for sharing mate!

Out in the streets

Caveman style

Seek em step

Looking for the one.

Album is done for a May release. 11 tracks only Out in the streets will have been out b4 the album, rest is unreleased stuff.

I'm now just sorting a remix for Bonobo and one for Farout. Im also finalizing the tracks for a Harmonic 313 ep which will include Lion and Dutty bounce which are done.

Theres a harmonic 313 track called Bazooka riddim coming on a Bug comp for Soul jazz.

There is a 12" with Trim that may come on Planet mu. That's already finished.

Still trying to work out the Wiley Scar track for release, Warp want it.

Got another Deep medi 12" to finish.

I've been writing lots of Reload stuff as well and that's the next album to focus on.

Been writing loads of different things over the last year, some jungle and some techno as well, lots of Footwork also and some Ambient stuff + some Harmonic 33 library stuff. Usual thing really writing too much and not finishing haha but i have got into a good finishing mode in the last 6 months. Probably finished 20 tracks or more in the last 4 months so i'm trying to keep in that mode.

Going to try and get more of a steady stream of music out from now on.

Oh im submitting some tracks for P money next week and ive been doing some tracks for Gonjasufi also."

Archived