IGNORED

Global Communication is BACK

Guest ruiagnelo

Guest ruiagnelo

From RA, original article here:

Following a hiatus of nearly 15 years, UK-based production duo Global Communication will reunite for a gig at the SCI+TEC showcase during Amsterdam Dance Event next month.

Made up of producers Tom Middleton and Mark Pritchard, Global Communication released a string of influential deep house and down tempo between 1992 and 1997, most notably 12-inches like The Way / The Deep and their debut album, 76:14, which is widely considered one of ambient music's classics. Following the release of their single The Groove, Middleton and Pritchard began focusing on other projects; the former started putting out records mostly under his own name, while the latter donned a variety of monikers such as Link, Troubleman and Harmonic 313. In 2005, the duo collaborated on Fabric 26, but as Middleton was in London and Pritchard was in Sydney at the time, the duo were never physically together during the recording process.

Global Communication will appear twice at the party during ADE next month, first for a live ambient performance in AIR's main room and later in the second room for one of their eclectic DJ sets. "We can tell you this," say Middleton and Pritchard, "We will span many genres and eras, and explore our inspirations from early '90s techno, house, ambient and electronica right up to the cutting edge of modern production." Other DJs on the bill for that night include Dubfire and an unnamed "very special guest."

The return of Global Communication is not limited to ADE: Middleton and Pritchard say they will play a series of live shows in 2011, and plan to begin producing new music together as well.

and plan to begin producing new music together as well

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ruiagnelo

what is middleton up to these days, anyway?

pritchard seems to be a lot into dutsep and dub. his latest releases still keep his touch, but are not that special or exciting at all.

Mark emailed me yesterday saying this was on the horizon. Surprised to see it officially out there so fast. Bus PSYCHED either way.

Can't wait for the live gigs and possibly new recordings?!??!? :o

While you wait, catch up on some mark/tom 101: www.soundcloud.com/hayhook

Been floggin em for awhile. Dig in!!!

he did an ace remix last year of a Bedrock (john digweed) track, and seems to be on the house tip still at present.

*edit*

here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK2U-KdLPYI&feature=related

PS

His "sounds of the cosmos" 3xCD compilation from early 2000s was AMAZING

he did fling out the words "Lifetracks 2" and he could just be bullshitting, but even if he is let's get the hype rolling on it so we eventually force it out of him by 2015 maybe.

he did an ace remix last year of a Bedrock (john digweed) track, and seems to be on the house tip still at present.

PS

he did fling out the words "Lifetracks 2" and he could just be bullshitting, but even if he is let's get the hype rolling on it so we eventually force it out of him by 2015 maybe.

i think he DJ's a lot, more than anything else these days, doesn't he? i mean over the last 10yrs or so....

anyhoo, looking forward to new GC. that's some Good News right there!

i think he DJ's a lot, more than anything else these days,

yeah ive definitely seen him on the london circuit a few times over the past year. He DJ'd at a bedrock event I went to at Matter. Im pretty sure he did a Slide party in brixton last weekend too. So yeah, he's still about, which is great news.

Guest ruiagnelo

they'll have a hard time topping 76:14

that is almost impossible. it's been a long since that. at the time they were at the peek of creativity, they created something very special.

i am curious to see how their current/future approaches sound like.

i think he DJ's a lot, more than anything else these days,

yeah ive definitely seen him on the london circuit a few times over the past year. He DJ'd at a bedrock event I went to at Matter. Im pretty sure he did a Slide party in brixton last weekend too. So yeah, he's still about, which is great news.

true that.

i remember browsing throgh his myspace and he had a very busy schedulle. even a show at my country, but i was too late already.

Guest ruiagnelo

PS

i kinda like his album 'lifetracks' too. the track Margherita especially.

but his remix work is incredible. he really knows how to come up with a good dance track.

anyone remember this remix by Tom?

must say this sort of housey is not my bag, but have memories of this being played at the record shop i was working at the time of release

Archived