IGNORED

HALO Reach

Rubin Farr

I got it, played a little, reminds me of Halo Combat Evolved. Liking it more than 2 and 3

Sometimes, it seems the only feeling generated by your brain is awe. No matter what comes out.

Sometimes, it seems the only feeling generated by my brain is awe when you are consistently such a good troll!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Finally played a rumble pit with some friends and the first game we got we voted the infection "safe haven" gametype in on the ivory tower remake called reflection. That was a blast.

Starting to get the hang of forge after not much time dicking around with it. I am definitely going to be making some crazy fun maps with it no doubt.

main problem i find with halo that has been there since halo 3 is they dont really have any way for you to get said maps played. the only way you can do it is if you get a party going which requires a bunch of convincing if youre trying to do it with random people ora bunch of planning with friends ahead of time..

similar problem with sc2.. they need to start making it easier for custom made maps to get played.. like maybe have some sort of lobby list where new custom lobbies appear at the top rather than the most popular (in sc2s case) or just the servers hosted by bungie..

After you play Reach (for a lot of reasons) you will not want to go back to the older ones man. Just buy it now and enjoy the end all Halo title.

main problem i find with halo that has been there since halo 3 is they dont really have any way for you to get said maps played. the only way you can do it is if you get a party going which requires a bunch of convincing if youre trying to do it with random people ora bunch of planning with friends ahead of time..

similar problem with sc2.. they need to start making it easier for custom made maps to get played.. like maybe have some sort of lobby list where new custom lobbies appear at the top rather than the most popular (in sc2s case) or just the servers hosted by bungie..

agreed but at the same time it promotes you to actually have dedicated players on your friends list to have good custom games.

Bungie stated that they really want custom creations to make there way into playlists and they are working on a system to make that all work really well.

If you make a really good map, it can get really popular Bungie will take note to these and put them in a customs playlist.

Forge is amazing you have 16 good friends working together at the same time to make a really focused great map/playground of insanity.

I really want a lot of active Reach players on friends list for customs. Shouldn't be too hard to accomplish (especially once I am making some really fun maps)

I'm F r e d M c G r 1 f f (without the spaces).

I suck though. I had some skills on my 35" tv two years ago but ever since i got my 50" i've sucked. I've already damn near karate chopped my coffee table in half playing reach. great game.

How far away do you sit?

agreed but at the same time it promotes you to actually have dedicated players on your friends list to have good custom games.

Bungie stated that they really want custom creations to make there way into playlists and they are working on a system to make that all work really well.

If you make a really good map, it can get really popular Bungie will take note to these and put them in a customs playlist.

Forge is amazing you have 16 good friends working together at the same time to make a really focused great map/playground of insanity.

I really want a lot of active Reach players on friends list for customs. Shouldn't be too hard to accomplish (especially once I am making some really fun maps)

nobody will take focus of a good map unless it has something behind it like its gotten popular on a forum or featured on a video or what ever..

i recall something that happened with halo 3 where they put out that forge sandbox map and had a playlist for one weekend where they had a bunch of really good custom maps made with that sandbox .. they were really fun and had really neat gameplay elements to them.. but then they were never seen again.

any time you would come across the sandbox map in matchmaking there were a couple variants that would pop up made by bungie, and they were both crap in my opinion. those maps from that weekend should have been put into the rotation permanently, or at least been given a separate area where people could get matches played on them easily..

another thing is, those were the popular maps that got notice from bungie, but the reason that happened was because they got popular before they even got on there.. they had something behind them. a regular dude who loves to make maps is never going to get his played.. and even if he does its only for one weekend. big woop.

they need a lobby system where people can go in and find custom games like what they have on PC games. without that there is a big problem and its hard to fix it, and its probably not something thats on bungies agenda at all.

Seems like a lot of people who aren't into Halo that much, really enjoys Reach.

Never really understood why so many people hated Halo 3. The multiplayer and Campaign were very entertaining (but the Story was shit though).

But Reach is definitely the best Halo game ever. Also better than Halo: CE in my mind. Only complaint I have about Reach is the lack of competitive MP maps compared to the other Halo titles.

I think Chris Moss is the only person from watmm I've played with, but I have that ronnie dobbs guy on my friends list.

I know you were in my Halo 3 lobby for a few games once which I remember being hilarious for one reason or another.

I've had Ronniedobbs on my list for ages, never played a game with him. I think it's Rubin Farr.

I think Chris Moss is the only person from watmm I've played with, but I have that ronnie dobbs guy on my friends list.

I know you were in my Halo 3 lobby for a few games once which I remember being hilarious for one reason or another.

I've had Ronniedobbs on my list for ages, never played a game with him. I think it's Rubin Farr.

Oh right, I completely forgot about that. That was forever ago. I haven't played Halo 3 multiplayer in like two years.

do you talk to your watmm friens? i done busted my headset so i cant talk.

Not generally. I usually don't wear a headset.

for a game like left 4 dead or bad company 2 i can defnitely see how you would say that.. but for halo there isnt really much of a reason to wear a headset unless you want to hear little kids screaming obscenities in your ear.. the team games in there are pretty straight forward most of the time, and theyre designed in a way that you dont really need to use a mic.

LOL you are not very competitive I take it. First of all in the 20 or so hours I have played Reach with a headset on I have honestly only been in two games that had annoying fags on the mic. (I remember this distinctly because of how rare it was and they were only really annoying in the lobby for what 40 seconds total?) I did hear my fair share of screaming idiots in the Halo 2 days but muting fools is soo easy now hearing dumb people makes me laugh more than facepalm knowing how fast I am going to mute them.

In a game with two teams at equal skill level which team will win? The team that coordinates their team work better (I dunno about you but my telepathy skills aren't very good outside my area code) I have played so many double teams were we have beaten players who could snipe/frag/dance consistently like MLG pros.. how did we beat them? insanely focused team work and COMMUNICATION.

How are you going to tell someone without a headset across the map in a different state/country that they have a guy with shotgun chasing them, that the rocket launcher just spawned right behind them, that the sniper is camping on top of the boardwalk terrace, that sword camo twat is lurking in the room they were just about to step in etc. etc. etc. etc.

or how are you going to let your fellow watmmer know how bad you think their 6 o clock lateral plasmas are or how much they fucking suck with snipe and should never pick one up again? lawlz

95% done with my first serious forge map, I would definitely like to test it out with some recreational CTFs, Slayers and KOTHs (in that order of importance) in the next few days . I gotta say its coming along pretty fucking wicked. I just got into it, zoned in like I was working on a track and all of a sudden like 7 hours later I came to and started to realize it was coming along. I thought there has got to be some amazing shit people are doing with forge already so I was just hoping to make something up to par... and then I went to youtube and a coupe forge forums for an hour and looked at what people have been doing... haha I am pretty content with how my map is turning out compared to the competition.

Playing team games without a headset is not very IDM.

I wear a headset if I'm playing with good players/my friends, but most of the time my team doesn't even listen to me. I used to wear a headset in COD4, but I eventually just got frustrated and stopped. I think I'm pretty competitive, and I've had my share of games where I'll carry the team, but a lot of the time it's just not even worth getting involved/angry anymore.

I was a level 49 in Halo 3, and I have a 2.38 kill/death ratio in Modern Warfare 2, by the way. I usually play by myself.

Well yeAH, obviously it makes no sense to try to be chattin up your headset when no one will really listen. That being said I have had a quite few moments over the years where I was joshing around with my team, trying to build communication power and all of sudden after a bit it turned out MY ENTIRE TEAM HAD THAT MINDSET and they all were really good team players they just thought everyone else wasn't. hehe that doesn't happen very often. But one of my favorite homies to play games with and the best Halo player I've ever played with I met in a big random game where no one was taking to each other besides immature insanity.

I don't really have a feel for how the Halo 3 level system worked, I played it a bit but nothing like Halo 2. In Halo 2 getting passed level 33 was literally almost impossible unless cheated (even for pro's) I know they changed the H3 level system a lot is all I know.

That's a pretty good ratio in the end but Modern Warfare is a weird game. I have friends that consistently had such ridiculous ratio's like 47 for 6 most of the games they were in once they were warmed up.

ANYWAY playing with good peeps that know how to use good team work is much more fun than basically playing lone wolf FACT

95% done with my first serious forge map, I would definitely like to test it out with some recreational CTFs, Slayers and KOTHs (in that order of importance) in the next few days . I gotta say its coming along pretty fucking wicked. I just got into it, zoned in like I was working on a track and all of a sudden like 7 hours later I came to and started to realize it was coming along. I thought there has got to be some amazing shit people are doing with forge already so I was just hoping to make something up to par... and then I went to youtube and a coupe forge forums for an hour and looked at what people have been doing... haha I am pretty content with how my map is turning out compared to the competition.

let me know when you finish that shit. i assume sharing maps is more streamlined than in was in Halo 3?

Yeah its extremely simple. You can just send recommendations or whatever on Live and people instantly grab it, you can even put a link on the internet of the file on you bungie.net and if people log into their bungie account they can hit a button and the file will download as soon as they turn on their 360.

I am pretty much done with it. I just have to play it with people and figure out if I need to change the respawns, weapon spawns, move red's flag a wee bit, just little stuff. Ima get on Live later tonight and I will start adding more watmmers like a non-lazy person.

Archived