IGNORED

Minecraft

Guest fiznuthian

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I freaking love this game and I have NO idea why. I've tried explaining it to friends but it's impossible to pitch the idea to anyone with even a mild amount of success.

I like how panicked I get when I get lost underground, it's enough to drive a man mad!

One thing I have trouble with is finding diamonds though. It seems like my diamond tools wear out before I find enough diamonds to make a replacement.

Also I just started experimenting with minecarts and am going to dabble with the wires/switches next and see what sort of crazy shit I can come up with. I'll post pics at some point if I remember.

:cisfor: thank fuck for this game

i hope he doesn't make the game less fun with all this "torches burn down" "tougher enemies" "more danger the deeper you go" business. I think the game difficulty is balanced perfectly right now, I already lose a ton of loot at depths, either because i get mobbed by guys coming out of a dungeon, or I fall in lava, etc. And I like that torches burn forever, I hope lanterns aren't too costly to make.

Hahahaha That's exactly what I've been thinking since I first heard of Minecraft.

"Minecraft is awesome, you can totally build stuff and stuff. Look at this fucking tower I built. This tower is so fucking tall! And it only took me 30 hours to make this! Isn't this tower incredible? You can't make the tower go any higher, it's as high as it can go. Now I can totally walk around in it."

Someone please tell Ulillillia about Minecraft.

Fuck me, if they made Ultima underworld 3, it could look something like this and I'd be drooling all around.

Any Ultima underworld fans that can relate to that?

Fuck me, if they made Ultima underworld 3, it could look something like this and I'd be drooling all around.

from the very first second i started playing this it reminded me of ultima underword! especially when you're mining and stumble across huge, dark, unexplored caverns... that shit is totally UUW.

that game was so ahead of its time. none of this awkward hax shit that doom used to make a Y dimension... UUW was true 3D FPSRPG before *anything*. i still have it on 3.5" floppy complete with box and instructions in my attic.

from the very first second i started playing this it reminded me of ultima underword! especially when you're mining and stumble across huge, dark, unexplored caverns... that shit is totally UUW.

that game was so ahead of its time. none of this awkward hax shit that doom used to make a Y dimension... UUW was true 3D FPSRPG before *anything*. i still have it on 3.5" floppy complete with box and instructions in my attic.

I've played it on dos box last year. I didn't finish it or even play for very long but the feeling in there was still unique. Minecraft seems to have some of that stuff.

Guest Franklin

fuck i just mined for 4 hours finding shittons of diamonds and redstone for the first time and i burned alive in lava in some unknown cave:(

fuck i just mined for 4 hours finding shittons of diamonds and redstone for the first time and i burned alive in lava in some unknown cave:(

yesterday i found a fucking massive cave full of lava and water.

so i put on my coolface and made a massive system of canals to make them meet.

the result being i basically lined almost the entire cave with obsidian

making any further tunnels out of it a huge pain in the arse :facepalm:

Yesterday I spent an hour making a minecart track run down a slope that started at the absolute height limit of the game. It then goes down into a mountain, up out the other side and down a few more slopes (note how you can tell when I realized I can skip 2 rows, and then 3:

coaster.jpg

Here's a few more pics of my setup before i made the ramp:

Tower1.jpg

Tower2.jpg

Tower3.jpg

Tower4.jpg

that's a lot of resources, I'm guessing you hacked your inventory? Are minecarts actually useful for anything? I made a small length of test track, and built a car with a furnace in it, but couldn't figure out if i could actually drive myself around at high speeds...

that's a lot of resources, I'm guessing you hacked your inventory? Are minecarts actually useful for anything? I made a small length of test track, and built a car with a furnace in it, but couldn't figure out if i could actually drive myself around at high speeds...

Yep, still trying to figure out the point of furnace carts myself. You can't ride them, you can't link carts so sitting behind it makes no difference... Maybe it's not fully implemented yet?

Yep, still trying to figure out the point of furnace carts myself. You can't ride them, you can't link carts so sitting behind it makes no difference... Maybe it's not fully implemented yet?

Furnace carts can only push, not pull. The main point of these carts is to push carts with chests back to your base, without having to go out of your mine.

Furnace carts can only push, not pull. The main point of these carts is to push carts with chests back to your base, without having to go out of your mine.

But it's a bit of a struggle if you have to go uphill with the carts.

Actually.. It's a fucking full on nightmare.

I didn't hack anything, played fair and square to build that.

I didn't hack anything, played fair and square to build that.

my bad, congrats - I've never had enough diamonds to spend them on tools. I just stumbled across the largest lava pool yet, I still get that thrill of discovery, lol.

Guest disparaissant

i just finally got around to trying this out, holy addicting. got a good starting area, near a giant field of sand and a huge underground cavern. built a giant tower out of stone and glass, preeeeeetty cool.

EL8Zd.png

ive still got like 600+ glass blocks, i think im just going to build a giant transparent walkway to nowhere because building up has gotten tiresome.

Archived