IGNORED

how many people do you know that live from making music

Guest yikes

It would be interesting to know how many known artists have to do another job of some sort even if they're signed on a reasonable label.

According to MDG, BoC are line cooks at Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse in Poughkeepsie, NY.

Guest Sprigg

I know one dude in a metal band, they just opened at Hatefest, which as I understand is a decently large show here in KC.

I also know a guy who's just started DJing, but he's been producing for years. He does trance/industrial sets, mostly just mixing others' tracks but occasionally his own. Real good stuff, too. He's played a couple of minor shows lately and I think he's played one or two of the Bass Worship shows (huge raves that have been happening once a month since sometime in late spring here), but don't know if he's making money off the shows or not.

Guest Greg Reason

i only know people who play in metal bands that make a living that way, touring etc

when it comes to electronic artists it seems a fuckton harder

That's cause every second thread about a new electronic release has some cunt posting "anyone got lossless?"

i only know people who play in metal bands that make a living that way, touring etc

when it comes to electronic artists it seems a fuckton harder

That's cause every second thread about a new electronic release has some cunt posting "anyone got lossless?"

the more established a genre is the higher the chances are that you can make a living out of it. I asked one of the guys if he does not like to make some more interesting music as he is certainly able to do it. he said that his only intention is to milk it as much and as long as possible no matter how.

I have seen it with many successful bands. You have to stick to your genre even so you can do much more. thats what scared me away from these guys musically and made me come here basically. also some of them do everything to push others out of the game. that often lead them to terrorize people in their way until they where done and they could move on. I know a girl who was very successful releasing eps and on guy called her several times at night and made her scared because she did not want to work together with him on his label.

Archived